Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
Most likely last post for the year. This is the most pathetic side I have seen for quite some time. Congrats to the new kids, they’re unproven kids and this isn’t totally focused on them. There’s some talent not playing that is way better than some on that team sheet that are playing. I shake my head at Longmire and the selection committee, I really do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
To everyone complaining about being over centralised on Lance after one game:
Round 2: 11 goal scorers
Round 3: 8 goal scorers

I'm tired of hearing this, but mainly because my family is spewing the same nonsense. I will say that we did look predictable during some moments, but as the game progressed we used Franklin less and less.
As Franklin plays more our team will adapt to him more. Imo I want him further up the ground, long runs instead of short sprints, and delivering the ball inside 50.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?

I'm tired of hearing this, but mainly because my family is spewing the same nonsense. I will say that we did look predictable during some moments, but as the game progressed we used Franklin less and less.
As Franklin plays more our team will adapt to him more. Imo I want him further up the ground, long runs instead of short sprints, and delivering the ball inside 50.
Are you quite certain that some of the people driving you nuts on here aren’t members of your family? 😊

Jul 9, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Plenty of distractions this week and a short turn around... eyes on the prize boys!
Yep, we’d all love another dazzling display but I’ll be happy to put 4 points in the bag then kick back and watch the others bash each other senseless for the rest of the weekend.
Swans by 18 in a tough one.

Oct 14, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Swans to win by 27 but it'll be shakier than the last couple of weeks.
Logan to get the RS this week - 16 possessions, boot 4.1, with 6 marks, 3 tackles. Buddy to play second fiddle but still kick 3, so will Papley. Hewett (26) and Mills (28) to be the core heavy lifters but it's the accurate kicking of Blakey, Gulden, Campbell and Dawson that really makes the difference.... not that I'm one for making predictions

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
SO EXCITED!!!

But we absolutely can’t let our stunning start to the season cause any complacency.

This column by Michael Gleeson (very flattering to us) suggests that the Bombers’ smashing of St Kilda shows that they have been flying under the radar a bit like us, and are far more dangerous than many realise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Ticky009, you sleeping in? No game day thread... :eek: ;) :p
Sorry Kirky!! Was listening to True Bloods podcast and then shut-down the laptop completely forgetting why I was staying up!!

My bad. For heavens sake win tonight boys this board will never forgive me if you don't!!!

momentbymoment

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
Noosa
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool

Agreed.
Watching him gather that kick out from Dawson (via Papley’s tap) was magic.

We should consider all kick outs to be goal scoring opportunities.

mattpolo8

Red and white tragic
Sep 25, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Miami Heat
Lets go bloods.

4-0. Give them a belting. Stamp your authority on this competition.

That culture.

SEN discussing Alastair Hardwick's whine about the length of our short passes. Lol!

Jordan Lewis is on with Lyon and Watson atm. He might be the most intelligent ex player voice in the media. He reckons it could be a shoot out between two offence oriented teams. He said the Bombers will be keen to stop our use of the corridor

I am ready and hanging out for the game. Red and White shirt on, hand knitted Bloods scarf in reach and game day beret already jammed over my noggin.

Snacks have been organised - samosa, empanada and SM Dimmies. The highlight is Bloods Salad - tomato, radish and white onion steeped in red wine vinegar and olive oil, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes.

I think I am regressing. I am remembering details of being a very young child propped up on the bar of the Members boozer under the old South grandstand. My game day excitement nowadays is akin to those long ago days.

It was a week of threes:
  • Sam Wicks scoring 10 coaches votes,
  • Chad Warner our third rising star award, (and maybe re-signing) :star:
  • Sydney Swans being the only club have the first three rising star nominations in a season, :star: :star: :star:
So the mighty young Bloods to win in a nail biter by 3 points.
Therefore, Logan McDonald will kick 3 goals to win our fourth rising star nomination :star: :star: :star: :star:

AFL_2021_Bloods.png

#GoBloods #bloods #goswans #ProudlySydney

This has danger game and drinking bathwater all over it.

Heart says Swans by 30. Head says we allow too many scores and Stringer will dominate because of it, Bombers by 30 after blitzing us in the 4th

SEN discussing Alastair Hardwick's whine about the length of our short passes. Lol!

Jordan Lewis is on with Lyon and Watson atm. He might be the most intelligent ex player voice in the media. He reckons it could be a shoot out between two offence oriented teams. He said the Bombers will be keen to stop our use of the corridor

I am ready and hanging out for the game. Red and White shirt on, hand knitted Bloods scarf in reach and game day beret already jammed over my noggin.

Snacks have been organised - samosa, empanada and SM Dimmies. The highlight is Bloods Salad - tomato, radish and white onion steeped in red wine vinegar and olive oil, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes.

I think I am regressing. I am remembering details of being a very young child propped up on the bar of the Members boozer under the old South grandstand. My game day excitement nowadays is akin to those long ago days.
As a young girl, my father and uncles went into the Member's bar at half-time under the stand, whereas I joined my mother having her biscuit when she was served a cup of tea in the bowling club. Hmm, perhaps that why we stood for all the home games on the bowling green side!

As a young girl, my father and uncles went into the Member's bar at half-time under the stand, whereas I joined my mother having her biscuit when she was served a cup of tea in the bowling club. Hmm, perhaps that why we stood for all the home games on the bowling green side!

iirc that is where the good donuts were!

For some bizarre reason, I was one of the few kids allowed in there. The old man claimed my true baptism was in that bar. He was mates with Ron 'Smoky' Clegg and a couple of the other players of the scallywag persuasion and maybe that helped.

iirc that is where the good donuts were!

For some bizarre reason, I was one of the few kids allowed in there. The old man claimed my true baptism was in that bar. He was mates with Ron 'Smoky' Clegg and a couple of the other players of the scallywag persuasion and maybe that helped.
Yes, my father also mates with Smokey.
Cough, splutter <where are my hearing aids, my glasses> .... my primary school autograph book
love how Clegg had suffix of "B.M."
Grogan Margaret smfc 1960 autograph book sm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back