Game Day Swans v Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

So, it is our lucky last game in this strange 2020 Season.

I really hope we hang tough and support each of the 22 who run out for us today. Some I expect may be playing their last games.

Our Club and this Board fwiw are noted for their resilience, honour and humour.

Congrats to the players and the Club who do their damned best, especially against the odds.

Cheer Cheer the Red and White.

I think we'll be similarly competitive to last week and end up losing by 4-6 goals. The Cats have Ablett and Selwood back in after very long breaks which will affect how well they cover the ground but they ultimately are far more experienced, physical and talented and so should win relatively comfortably as they gear up for finals. I think we'll have our moments of competing though particularly with three good ins ourselves.

Clarke to kick 1.5 to get us over the line.
Beers are on ice, watching the last game of a very weird year and to be honest am glad its upon us, cant wait to put a big line through 2020.....First couple of qtrs should give us something to smile about. If the game is not going well, I will just remind myself what it must be like to support the Bombers or Roos. I have a feeling this might be Sinclair's last game, so I will be cheering him on.

Carna Blooods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be a great time for a young gun like Dylan Stephens to have a breakout game, build that excitement for next year and all.

Bell will be desperate to make an impression today

Not gonna be as emotional as the final game last year was, but still it'll feel weird to sign us off for another six months. Hopefully we're gallant even though I expect to lose by 5+ goals.

No way is Clarke going! He’s a whipping boy on this board for sure but do you honestly believe this a farewell game for either? Or just having a laugh

clarke is out of contract he should go he isnt much good bar the odd run with and others returning /being drafted mean he is of no use

reid is contracted and no one else will take him so no i dont think its his last game unfortunately

Someone tells you at the very beginning of the year “Swans will go deep into September this year”..... I am pretty sure this isn’t what they meant!

At least it might* be a shorter turn around until 2021 than it otherwise would have been!

* be brave to predicting the future given the outcome of 2020

Win, lose, draw. 22 games a season or 17. No live games in my state. Haven't seen the boys play live in 2 seasons now. Virus or not. Not matter what happens:

I love football and I love my club

clarke is out of contract he should go he isnt much good bar the odd run with and others returning /being drafted mean he is of no use

reid is contracted and no one else will take him so no i dont think its his last game unfortunately
Good to have a shut down player like Clarke on the list.

we lack contested ball winners and he’s shown he can do that as well as tag in a few games. He’s a depth player imo, works hard, not a first 22 at this stage but could be a valuable fringe player. He’s still young for a mid too so that’s also on his side.

The last game of the season is a difficult one for sides not competing in finals. Players start to look to next season and they can take the foot off the pedal. Take Suns team being murdered by Hawks atm. They are already on holidays. This is something that could happen to us today so I would not be too confident of a great finish to the season. We are playing a contender and that makes it worse. They have everything to play for we have nothing but pride. Pride can quickly dissipate if your mindset is already in Bali lol.

In saying that I hope we have a good game. A bit peeved with Wicks being dropped because I thought he gave us a bit of the Junkyard Dog in the forward line. He tackles fiercely and never gives up. That is the attitude we need to bring to the table next year as a unit.

Pride can quickly dissipate if your mindset is already in Bali lol.

Bali?

Byron Bay is probably as good as it gets this year lol

That’s if they crossed the border, I would probably try and stay in QLD for as long as possible (to save the 14 day quarantine coming back) haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back