Game Day Swans v Cats

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
I said they are the best finishing team in the AFL. But they were helped by some very questionable decisions. One consolation. The cats will never win the 2020 Premiership. They are pretty well sh*te compared to Richmond and Lions, Port have far more talent. If they give the Lions, Port a start before half time they won't be so easy to peg back. We are young and young sides fade. Cats are basically in the last year of the window. Ablett, Taylor, Selwood basically in their last year. To go on again would be a mistake for any of them. They have far too many old players including recruits like Henderson, Stephen, Rohan, Toohey and even Danger is near the end.

I think they may actually win a final. Might. But they won't go any further. We outplayed them for most of the game. Just could not put it on the scoreboard. A few coaching fu** ups. Fox to Dangerfield was just wrong. Lloyd should have gotten that job. He did it last year quite well. Abblet given too much room. Menagola far too dangerous. Why put Clarke on Selwood? Selwood is yeaterday's man. We went ultra defensive from the middle of the third. We were doing really well playing atteractive attacking footy then he decided to go the extra in defence. This lost us the game I believe other than our players tirin of course. But we were too often defending. This made it difficult and tires a young side far more than attacking. Our ball use then suffered. Decision making dsuffered too.

Sam Reid was again poor. He does not bring the ball to ground at the front of the pack so out players can hit the ball front and square. He drops easy marks and stuffs up easy handball and kicks. This was another shocker of a performance and as far as I am concerned his time has come. He has been a good serviceable player for us but now he is not performing to the standard. Time to move him out, retire him. Whatever.

Pity Bell got injured. He was looking really dangerous in the early parts of the match. The young blokes often panic kick. Need to arrest that sort of mentality very quickly and teach them to be cool under pressure.
Mills was on Danger when he first went forward , Lloyd is not someone to play that role. Bell looked as dangerous as Mary Poppins ffs. Hayward has cement between his ears . Dawson could be elite , the players he sets up is something we haven't had for a long time.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Yeah the fans shielding their eyes mid game and players doing the same is a dumb issue

You thought about not being a grumpy old prick on here?
Yes i'm grumpy as that was ours and that f ing cheat giving that free to Hawkins gave them momentum . By the way the GF will be played when there is not sun YDF

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Mills was on Danger when he first went forward , Lloyd is not someone to play that role. Bell looked as dangerous as Mary Poppins ffs. Hayward has cement between his ears . Dawson could be elite , the players he sets up is something we haven't had for a long time.
Bell played 15 mins, wtf you on about?

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Another one that can't kick on the wrong side. Auskick has a fair bit to answer for
His disposal in the last was horrible, gased maybe, but horrible.

Kapanis

Cancelled
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
WTF are you on about , where did you popup from ?
Just stating the truth, Bell didn't play from midway through the 1st. Was at the game, hot up here today, one
player down for most of the game hurt.

Keyter

All Australian
Dec 6, 2010
Docklands
AFL Club
Sydney
315 metres gained from Stephens....Exactly the type of player we need and will develop well going into the future.

I wanted Serong too but i think in the long run, Stephens will be the better fit for us.
I hope you are right...like Stephens but sometimes Wonder about his decisions when in space...hopefully it’s just a A small lack of confidence and holding back trying to do the right thing..once settled and confident expecting him to blitz...but year one to Serong..

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
I hope you are right...like Stephens but sometimes Wonder about his decisions when in space...hopefully it’s just a A small lack of confidence and holding back trying to do the right thing..once settled and confident expecting him to blitz...but year one to Serong..
Swans recruited Stephens as a McVeigh style player.

Good first season. I’m happy with him.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Once he captains the side and plays 300 games he will have similarities to McVeigh. Before then he would not hold a candle to him.
I meant he's a completely different type of player , Sephens looks more of a kicker and Macca for handball. I like him and he's done well in a difficult season for your first.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Stephens covered 14.1km which was 1.2km more than any other player on the ground (Clarke was second on 12.9 and McInerney equal fourth with 12.7).

He had the fastest average moving speed on the ground (Clarke 2nd).

24 pressure acts, the most on the ground (by 4).

I don’t think he is slow I think he uses his speed without the ball and at the moment doesn’t known when to use it with the ball. He will come good.

The workrate is already there.

Tesla Tenet

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Stephens covered 14.1km which was 1.2km more than any other player on the ground (Clarke was second on 12.9 and McInerney equal fourth with 12.7).

I don’t think he is slow I think he uses his speed without the ball and at the moment doesn’t known when to use it with the ball. He will come good.

Post of the day about Stephens. If he doesnt play like Rowell or Serong they load crap on him.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thought it was his best and most complete game of the year today

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Post of the day about Stephens. If he doesnt play like Rowell or Serong they load crap on him.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Stephens (a kid) up against a midfield comprising 2 Brownlow medalists + Duncan & Selwood.

Cant quite believe anyone is giving his performance (or Clarke’s, or Florent’s) the thumbs down.

We lost the game through poor finishing. The young mids were outstanding.

GoTheSwannies

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Part of the reason i like him is that he plays smart. if he gets the ball on the wing he looks to square it into the corridor, but not with 40 metres kicks, just with 15 metres. but when he is in space he goes hard and fast looking for the opportunity to use the ball well.

when we recruited him i knew the family of the kid who was expected to be the northern knights best chance to be drafted (seriously good footballer btw) and he told me how the swans recruiters had seen McInerney play one game and he did really well for about 15 minutes in that game. he told me that this was one of those sliding doors moments because it really was his best 15 minutes of the year. He did some really special things which lifted him above his peers. just for that 15 minutes.

Seems to have been a bit of a theme with mcinerney's path to the afl. Seems to be a case of him always having the skillset, he just needed the opportunity. Lucky for the swans the right people saw him on display at the right moments.

Back