Not open for further replies.

Crust

All Australian
Jun 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SUANFC
Like the NSW Origin side in the 80s, there was a surfeit of Brads, so much so that HG and Roy called every NSW player Brad.
Fittler, Clyde, Izzard are three that spring to mind.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Yeah I had that same "memory". Which was what motivated my search. Funny how the mind can do that.
What I do know for sure, is that at the time, I observed that if J. Moore had had the misfortune to suffer a jarring injury to his knee not once but twice, the headline would read Jarred Moore Jarred More.

Last edited:
Mills to the midfield

With possession tallies of 21, 17 and 20, his returns are inconclusive as to whether he is better placed as a midfielder or in defence, where he is among the best interceptors of his size. The debate is very much a live one but those who believe he is more effective behind the ball will note the quarter he was back was the term the Swans played their best against St Kilda.
Mills says he will play where the side needs him but is loving the chance to show his wares on the ball.
"I played my junior footy there but when you haven't played there for four years you forget a few things. It's almost a reminder of what it was like to play at the start. It's a fun place to play, I've really enjoyed it in there," Mills said. "I definitely want to play the role the best I can. It will change week to week. I won't necessarily be set there or back every week.
"You just want to perform wherever you are and get the respect from your teammates. That's what matters the most.
"It keeps adding some strings to your bow not just being a midfielder or defender. Versatility is so important with the short turnarounds. To be able to play the different roles is crucial."

Debut Wicks

IN:
Dylan Stephens,Jackson Thurlow,Lewis Melican,Sam Wicks

OUT
Lewis Taylor (Omitted),Nick Blakey (Omitted),Ryan Clarke (Omitted),Sam Gray (Omitted)

NEW
Sam Wicks

Thurlow interesting, outs all make sense, Clarke may be a bit unlucky. Good to see who Stephens goes coming back in and of course Wicks. Mills full time mid this week will be a good watch as well.

ScottBo

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I didn't realise Australia had protected lizards. :mad:

I reckon he's going to be a player but he needs a spell and surely McLean or Amartey could get a run if they need a tall. Particularly as they are on the last year of their contracts, give them a go to prove themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back