Preview Swans v Pies Covid Breachers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see the experience that Grey etc are giving us.

Give foot and get the young fella back in

I don't get why we bought Grey if we planned to play him small forward! He sucked for Port in that role.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I don't get why we bought Grey if we planned to play him small forward! He sucked for Port in that role.

He kicked 28, 21 and 20 in his last 3 seasons at Port, not sure that so completely sucky.

Has kicked 1 goal in his 7 outings for us.

He started at least two centre bounces on the weekend that I noted (he had 2 centre clearances) and had 3 total clearances none of which striked me as memorable.

Seems to have left whatever talent he had in Adelaide. Port certainly seemed to have identified that his days as an AFL footballer were numbered.

He kicked 28, 21 and 20 in his last 3 seasons at Port, not sure that so completely sucky.

He started at least two centre bounces on the weekend that I noted (he had 2 centre clearances) and had 3 total clearances none of which striked me as memorable.

Seems to have left whatever talent he had in Adelaide. Port certainly seemed to have identified that his days as an AFL footballer were numbered.

His best games for Port were as a genuine inside mid. Yes they were a while ago, but I had hoped that was his role. As a small forward he was mediocre at best and for a side that scores heavily that isn't a great return. Him and Taylor have been shocking acquisitions.

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
He at least had chances on Saturday, another week he kicks those and all of a sudden it's a good day. We don't have an alternative that would be better.
That's been the word for the last 2 months, of course it would be a good day if he nailed those opportunities, that's what the great players do.
If he is constantly missing the easy shots then he needs a reset. Being given only 1-2 opportunities to score a game is not enough for him to get back into form, he needs 4-6 in the reserves so that he can get his confidence back.

That's been the word for the last 2 months, of course it would be a good day if he nailed those opportunities, that's what the great players do.
If he is constantly missing the easy shots then he needs a reset. Being given only 1-2 opportunities to score a game is not enough for him to get back into form, he needs 4-6 in the reserves so that he can get his confidence back.

There is no reserves footy and no scratch matches aren't reserves. He needs to play and work through his issues.

Olian

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2013
Between the Bridges
AFL Club
Sydney
His best games for Port were as a genuine inside mid. Yes they were a while ago, but I had hoped that was his role. As a small forward he was mediocre at best and for a side that scores heavily that isn't a great return. Him and Taylor have been shocking acquisitions.
You have to go back 5 years for those games against the Suns and the Blues where he racked up 30+ possession games. Time has passed Grey by and Port let him go for a reason.

You have to go back 5 years for those games against the Suns and the Blues where he racked up 30+ possession games. Time has passed Grey by and Port let him go for a reason.

For the record I'm not saying you are wrong. I'd at least like to see him tried in that role. If he is to succeed it's that role, otherwise cut him and delist him.

Him and Taylor have been shocking acquisitions.

I will see that and raise you with Thurlow. This bloke showed from his first practice game an aversion to body contact to a point where he went into CV19 isolation before the virus spread.

No disrespect intended but he endured some bad injuries at the Litter Box and in his shoes I would have been ultra cautious as well. I cannot remember a player on our list who was so utterly cooked from Day1.

You judge by potential, not performance.

His continued selection is corrosive to team morale.

This year is for development so yes I’d rather play players that have higher potential

Hasnt recovered from his first shot on goal in Swans colours

His work rate..or lack thereof, is why he is so limited in his opportunities each game. The kid needs a spell for his own development, imo playing him is actually hindering him right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back