Preview Swans v Pies Covid Breachers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the matchups it seems Allir doesn't really have an obvious opponent down back (Rampe-Mihocek/Melican-Reid).
Do you think he plays 3rd tall on someone like Stephenson or goes fwd/ruck?

Probably forward as Blakely has been omitted.

Looking at the matchups it seems Allir doesn't really have an obvious opponent down back (Rampe-Mihocek/Melican-Reid).
does Fox / Rampe play on Mihocek / Stepehson.
Mills in the mids?
Allirr as 4th tall (intercepting defender)? forward /ruck?? both good options.
Having Melican or Brand in the defence certainly opens options

does Fox / Rampe play on Mihocek / Stepehson.
Mills in the mids?
Allirr as 4th tall (intercepting defender)? forward /ruck?? both good options.
Having Melican or Brand in the defence certainly opens options

As long as Mills stays in the mids I’m happy

Do you really follow Essington? Or really a closet wobbler? Give ya the benefit of the doubt. Good question.

Top Secret: sssshhh!!!! ...Horse never names a side remotely close to real match ups.

BUT Rampe plays deep on whoever, and it's likely B Reid.

They have this bloke called Grundy. He runs like a rover /midfielder/ Robert de Castella . It will take all the puff both, Allir and Sinclair have, to share that ruck duty of trying to nullify him a bit. But Allir might rest sometimes back as 7th defender?

Melican.... I will be watching him closely! The ball will come his way. Not my fav player, I hope he makes a fool of me! But that alt matchup ( Mihocek) would be a worry. Apparently out of form but Mihocek runs and finds space.

Watching in particular:

Who takes Sidebum? Wicks or Ling. I dunno why anyone would play Ling Back Pocket but they have done it before his last game
Stephens - they handball out of clearances, so he needs to be the clever steal, or link outsider, as does not have a high quality opponent

Good luck to Wicks and Thurlow Ling and Stephens --- give it all you have got :thumbsu: ( Oh also Melican:$)

Not interested in the final score, just the new Bloods!

Last edited:
For his development I’d like us to give Stephens a go on Sidebottom

Huge ask of a newbie?
We'll see 4.5 hrs to go. But nah, not till Stephens is a regular start in the middle.

Rowbottom V Sidebottom for when he is on the ball. More physical than Dylan.
Steele will be playing his arse off to regain some respect. Needs a solid physical tag.

Huge ask of a newbie?
We'll see 4.5 hrs to go. But nah, not till Stephens is a regular start in the middle.

Rowbottom V Sidebottom for when he is on the ball. More physical than Dylan.
Steele will be playing his arse off to regain some respect. Needs a solid physical tag.

Yep but it's for his development even if it's just for 30% of the game. I'd like him to learn, he'll be a better player as a result.

Yep but it's for his development even if it's just for 30% of the game. I'd like him to learn, he'll be a better player as a result.

I know what you are suggesting.
Learn where to run and contest against a master 'n all that
I think too early.
Bit emotionally invested given I strongly supported him as the 5 choice. Also hope a 200+ gamer with time on his side.
Strikes me as someone who has the footy smarts already, is attacking, and needs to be the chased not the chaser!

As I said lets just see.

But again I understand your point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back