Autopsy Swans v Tigers discuss

Remove this Banner Ad

They also had a lot more balance in age, we either have 19 year olds or 28 year olds. Not many in the middle

they had more players with less experience though (under 50 games) does blowing out more birthday candles help?

In terms of height you just have to look at hit outs.

can look at whatever you want, but in terms of average height they had 0.1 cms

people want to look at inexperince and height as an excuse, its overblown imo

A big positive from the game is the intense media scrutiny that Longmire will be under this week. Hopefully he cracks and abandons whatever he did in the box today.
What intense media scrutiny? Look at the side he had to field today. Yes it wasn't pretty but how can you be disappointed when there was no expectations in the first place?

Undersized, young and inexperienced.

I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying there are areas that the lack of height can be seen easier than others. Not that it changed the game, but having all our tucks out does hurt

yep

ruck hurt more than forwards in that weather

they had more players with less experience though (under 50 games) does blowing out more birthday candles help?
We also had less experience on average, if you want to bring exact games. I don't want to get in a tit for tat. I'm just saying there's more to the numbers.

We also had less experience on average, if you want to bring exact games. I don't want to get in a tit for tat. I'm just saying there's more to the numbers.

true,

to me teams are either good or bad at some stage, and we can be better than that (and have been)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On that note, Dawson should have done more, can't remember the last contested mark he's made

If it was an ideal world and we had height and good depth, Dawson would be dropped atm. He and Blakey have given us nothing.

true,

to me teams are either good or bad at some stage, and we can be better than that (and have been)
That's true, we are vastly under performing based on what we hoped to be seeing from some of our players.
I'm just trying to see the lighter side even if it is naive

If it was an ideal world and we had height and good depth, Dawson would be dropped atm. He and Blakey have given us nothing.

dawson could get played in position would help

hes gone backwards though

Why was McInerney dropped in the first place? Seemed like a crazy decision.

balance i guess?

why was aliir dropped this morning and not thursday if its form?
why pick all those midfielders then start your leading goal kicker at the first bounce?

Whats happened to him?
I don't buy into the whole 'Horse ruins careers' that a few run with here, but I do feel we are lacking the ability to drop players. A few years ago we dropped Dawson multiple times so that he could prove him self, Horse might just need to drop people until we find a core that tries rather than the team that would do the best...

Dawson was one of my favourites last year and deserved to be in the 22. Not sure what went wrong this year. Missing some legit tall options I guess...?
I trust he'll get there, just feel a few players are going through the motions and know they can't be dropped

What is his position though?

You think midfield, but how is that the best use of his foot skills and marking?

Forward he'd never see it.

Back line he panics.

Dawson ruck?

nah i think midfield half forward

but he has to go back to being able to kick otherwise its not, he needs to,play more outside imo when in form and hit targets or be a lead out kick goal type

i dont think he is going to turn into malceski for us

Whats happened to him?
I don't buy into the whole 'Horse ruins careers' that a few run with here, but I do feel we are lacking the ability to drop players. A few years ago we dropped Dawson multiple times so that he could prove him self, Horse might just need to drop people until we find a core that tries rather than the team that would do the best...

For starters, Dawson himself just looks off. Noticed it in the Marsh games, then in rd 1, then after the resumption. He himself can address that. Looks lazy and disinterested, but we have to assume that looks can be deceiving, because you don't come back from off-season and win time trials by not having an elite work ethic.

Then I think it's a matter of finding the role for him. I said end of last year that I could see the uber-talented guys like Dawson, Blakey and Heeney becoming the jack of all trades and the master of none. For all the good qualities Horse has as a coach, I can't say I've ever been impressed with his ability to capitalise on our most dangerous players, even going back to Jetta, Goodes and Buddy.

I also think Dawson's strengths and his weaknesses clash too much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back