Game Day Swans v Tiggies

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a dud as a midfielder. Nobody wants to say it cause he tries hard and would let his head get ripped off for this club but a mid who cannot take possession cleanly with one grab, who goes to ground so easily, who never looks where he's kicking it, whose tackling technique is shocking... is not a good mid.

i wouldn't say dud

i just feel like he's rated as elite, and he isnt

Excellent. Should get one of the top talents (plus Campbell, later Gulden) and some games into the kids then in a year nobody really gives a sh*t about anyway
What’s the point, Horse will coach any positives out of them.

He is a dud as a midfielder. Nobody wants to say it cause he tries hard and would let his head get ripped off for this club but a mid who cannot take possession cleanly with one grab, who goes to ground so easily, who never looks where he's kicking it, whose tackling technique is shocking... is not a good mid.
Bit of mayo on that. He doesn't go to ground easy and does work his ass off. Had a shocker today though

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Excellent. Should get one of the top talents (plus Campbell, later Gulden) and some games into the kids then in a year nobody really gives a sh*t about anyway
Might have to take the best one of the two acadamy players and take a key position player with our third pick.
Gulden (is he the smaller one?) might be around in the rookie draft I think.

I wouldn't trade out Parker. I'd play him as a forward where he belongs.
So he can have 0 impact like all our forward other than Papley? All of Heeney's good work today was up the ground

So he can have 0 impact like all our forward other than Papley? All of Heeney's good work today was up the ground

I see Heeney as a forward too but even he is better in the midfield than Parker. I have got zero tolerance for Parker in the midfield. That's not me being reactive to a really bad loss. I have been saying for a few years now that we are going absolutely nowhere with him in the midfield.

hes highly rated outside the swans, and on here

he will usually get votes from everyone each week
He's not in conversations as an elite mid with the likes of Danger and Martin etc.
Think most of the time individual mids can't do too much, you need a cohesive unit, it's why JPK is a gun but we've been the worst in contested ball recent years. Could replace Parker with a top 10 mid in the comp and it wouldn't change too much about our side, too little depth through the guts right now.

melbournehammer

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
what exactly do people expect here ? We are playing a taller more dominant team which controlled the ruck and the stoppages all day. that team had numerous premiership players. We played the match in heavy rain and we have no one who could actually provide much of a contest for the long kick out of defence. We cant run it through them in the wet. we cant move the ball precisely in teh dry and have no chance cant in the wet.

the side is being attacking as much as it can be.

i genuinely think there are people here who would moan no matter what - if we played attacking and got thumped by 10 goals they'd moan. If we play defensively they moan. we actually tried to do both and they still moan.

as far as the list goes - well there's more questions there but you can see what the team will look like post buddy and I'm not unhappy with it. everyone wants us to be super competitive instantly - how about you look at hawthorn and adelaide and those strong teams of 2012-2016 like north melbourne and fremantle - they've all had drop offs along the way.

we arent where we would like to be we would like to be but where we will be is not too far off and we can get there with some astute drafting and trading and a bit of luck injury wise.

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
That is the most annoying thing about this game, we saw sparks of what we wanted to do in previous games, but I had no clue what we wanted to do this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back