Game Day Swans v Tiggies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just hope things dont go really bad (Swans early 90s, Melbourne 2012-13 and Port 2011-12) before change is required and things start to turn again....
We're 17th with narrow wins over 16th and 18th. This is almost as bad as it gets, I can't see a further substantial decline

what exactly do people expect here ? We are playing a taller more dominant team which controlled the ruck and the stoppages all day. that team had numerous premiership players. We played the match in heavy rain and we have no one who could actually provide much of a contest for the long kick out of defence. We cant run it through them in the wet. we cant move the ball precisely in teh dry and have no chance cant in the wet.

the side is being attacking as much as it can be.

i genuinely think there are people here who would moan no matter what - if we played attacking and got thumped by 10 goals they'd moan. If we play defensively they moan. we actually tried to do both and they still moan.

as far as the list goes - well there's more questions there but you can see what the team will look like post buddy and I'm not unhappy with it. everyone wants us to be super competitive instantly - how about you look at hawthorn and adelaide and those strong teams of 2012-2016 like north melbourne and fremantle - they've all had drop offs along the way.

we arent where we would like to be we would like to be but where we will be is not too far off and we can get there with some astute drafting and trading and a bit of luck injury wise.
It's more that we lost everything that we were excited to see even in the last two losses. I agree with a lot of what you say, but we didn't really look like trying to score until the last quarter.

So people would have traded Parker and our first pick for Danniher to sit on the bench. Good to know...

Parker is the bull you keep to hold the young team together. It would be insanity to trade him.
\ If you wanted to trade someone - look at Lloyd. GC might pay something pretty for a reliable user and runner to get them into the finals.

Autopsy thread isn't up so let's try to take some emotion out:

1. Think Warner, Stephens and Stoddart all showed something today. Conditions late didn't help but saw them trying all day.
2. Hayward's best game of the year
3. Mills didn't drop his head after the early goal
4. I hope Kennedy and Heeney are OK.
5. Papley is still fantastic
6. Gameplan shat the bed cause late in the first and in the 4th we looked alright when going forward quickly. I know Richmond set up very well defensively but leading to my next point:
7. Some players just looked so unfit or lazy. Hate on Clarke all you want but he at least bloody tried. So many times would see players just doing nothing. Even in the last Richmond just had so much free space to work the ball forward. Was like a basketball game
8. Cunningham and Lloyd just aren't good users out of half back. They aren't Mal, Shaw or McVeigh.
9. I love Rowbottom

I think overall for the year we are attacking more, yes the injuries and youth hasn't helped with that

Just hope things dont go really bad (Swans early 90s, Melbourne 2012-13 and Port 2011-12) before change is required and things start to turn again....

maybe thats exactly what we need

just like in the workforce, ppl that have been there for too long eventually bring down a business more often than not

macca/laidler/kirk/any other ex swan should NOT be coaching

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Autopsy thread isn't up so let's try to take some emotion out:

1. Think Warner, Stephens and Stoddart all showed something today. Conditions late didn't help but saw them trying all day.
2. Hayward's best game of the year
3. Mills didn't drop his head after the early goal
4. I hope Kennedy and Heeney are OK.
5. Papley is still fantastic
6. Gameplan shat the bed cause late in the first and in the 4th we looked alright when going forward quickly. I know Richmond set up very well defensively but leading to my next point:
7. Some players just looked so unfit or lazy. Hate on Clarke all you want but he at least bloody tried. So many times would see players just doing nothing. Even in the last Richmond just had so much free space to work the ball forward. Was like a basketball game
8. Cunningham and Lloyd just aren't good users out of half back. They aren't Mal, Shaw or McVeigh.
9. I love Rowbottom

I think overall for the year we are attacking more, yes the injuries and youth hasn't helped with that
It is up now. But think we'll keep this thread open specifically for the emotions. :)

The problem is the board have backed Longmire so much it is almost difficult to imagine how bad the Swans would need to become before they even start questioning Longmire.

Actually the problem was the fans last year - not on here and certainly not you - but the reaction last year to horse's contract running down from the fans was such that the board blinked.

It wouldn't surprise me if the board has been told we will take 2-3 years and we will be challenging again at the end of my contract and if we aren't then move me on...

He is a dud as a midfielder. Nobody wants to say it cause he tries hard and would let his head get ripped off for this club but a mid who cannot take possession cleanly with one grab, who goes to ground so easily, who never looks where he's kicking it, whose tackling technique is shocking... is not a good mid.
Lol

True, but I have to say Horse relapsed today. Honestly don't know what he was thinking, unless he knew an attacking game plan wouldn't work when the boys only want to do to the bare minimum.

i reckon he was thinking we have one player over 193cm on the park, 10 players with less than 30 games, we lost our best midfielder 10 minutes in, and it was pouring with rain.

but that’s just a guess.

i reckon he was thinking we have one player over 193cm on the park, 10 players with less than 30 games, we lost our best midfielder 10 minutes in, and it was pouring with rain.

but that’s just a guess.

And so he thought that team would be disciplined or mature enough to play a defensive game?

i reckon he was thinking we have one player over 193cm on the park, 10 players with less than 30 games, we lost our best midfielder 10 minutes in and by that time Richmond had kicked 3 goals, and it was pouring with rain.

but that’s just a guess.

Added a bit.

Easy to laugh I'm sure. It's interesting that every response to a Parker criticism is never a counter-argument. Just someone telling me I'm wrong. Well, if I'm wrong, feel free to tell me how and we can discuss.
Parker is the type of player every team needs.

Not the most skilful or fast - but hard as nails and never shirks a contest.

I’d hate our midfield to be without him.

we we lost by 8 points. They were disciplined and hard working enough to follow a defensive gameplan

No they were not. We got very lucky that Richmond were in second gear, if that. If Richmond wanted to they could've torn through our game plan with ease and won by 50+ points. I am an advocate for the effort our team almost always puts in. I've noticed it wavering in the Bulldogs and West Coast game, and today it capitulated. This was not a team switched on and prepared for a contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back