16 8 RICHMOND a
17 15 FOOTSCRAY h
18 22 BYE
19 29 ESSENDON a
20 August 5 GWS a
21 12 GOLD COAST h
22 19 WERRIBEE h

Those dates are just a guide for that weekend
They should schedule our reserves against other AFL club reserves when our senior team play them.
E.g.. Gold Coast round 1

They should schedule our reserves against other AFL club reserves when our senior team play them.
E.g.. Gold Coast round 1
The AFL play some teams twice while the VFL only play teams (maybe) once. Round 21 vs Gold Coast in the mock fixture aligns with AFL round 22.

Most of this we know but can't assume everyone has read all the info:

not a bad summery.. thanks Ticky

Im still interested who the tall forwards will be? Will someone like King (who was touted as a high(ish) draft pick but disappeared in his draft year) make a comeback?? I like the idea of the Swans trying a few developing talls.. we're looking skinny in that part of the ground 2024

not a bad summery.. thanks Ticky

Im still interested who the tall forwards will be? Will someone like King (who was touted as a high(ish) draft pick but disappeared in his draft year) make a comeback?? I like the idea of the Swans trying a few developing talls.. we're looking skinny in that part of the ground 2024
I think we can assume that Amartey and McLean will spend a fair chunk of the season in VFL.
Will Edwards played forward in the Academy as well as in defence and may well spend time there given we have 3 strong talls in defence (Gould, Melican, Francis).
Again assuming that Ladhams or Hickey does the majority of the rucking McAndrew and Owen will also likely spend a fair bit of time in attack or rucking with say Ladhams in attack.
Not sure that we would have room for more talls, barring injury of course.
That's the AFL listed players. I don't know much about the VFL listed players, including Academy, so there might be a tall or two amongst them.

VFL Round 1 Dates & Times
FoVPEbfaIAEIURq

Sydney will welcome Box Hill to Tramway Oval to kick off 2023

R1 March 25 BOX HILL h
2 April 1 CASEY a
3 8 BYE
4 15 NORTH h
5 22 NORTHERN a
6 29 BYE
7 May 6 FRANKSTON a
8 13 WILLIAMSTOWN h
9 20 PORT MELBOURNE a
10 27 CARLTON h
11 June 3 BYE
12 10 SANDRINGHAM h
13 17 BRISBANE a
14 24 COLLINGWOOD a
15 July 1 GEELONG h
16 8 RICHMOND a
17 15 FOOTSCRAY h
18 22 BYE
19 29 ESSENDON a
20 August 5 GWS a
21 12 GOLD COAST h
22 19 WERRIBEE h

Once again without the actual day , even Ultimate hasn't got it , but love his work

Thanks AnUltimateRessie - love your work and appreciate the post! Anything official yet on a full draw?
bedford seems to have the matchups but dates/times should hopefully be tomorrow but it should be out by Friday. (Don't quote me on that lol, the dates changed for this thing a good 20 times)

bedford seems to have the matchups but dates/times should hopefully be tomorrow but it should be out by Friday. (Don't quote me on that lol, the dates changed for this thing a good 20 times)
It's a joke really mate , like the whole competition really , 4 byes is the joke . Bring back the VFA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something has to happen with this comp , the AFL are destroying footy under them
I'm fairly certain they are just waiting for the VFA clubs to call it quits to create an AFL reserves team. No VFA home games in the opening round is a big telling too.

But they are not going anywhere , Port , Willy and Frankston have recruited well , as has Coburg
Just wait until they bring back licences and force the VFA clubs to pay them - That'll lose a couple of them (Frankston, Bullants, Coburg). We saw the NEAFL clubs leave recently. Ballarat and Bendigo a bit before them. One way or another a AFL reserves competition will be around sooner rather than later. I give it a decade.

Just wait until they bring back licences and force the VFA clubs to pay them - That'll lose a couple of them (Frankston, Bullants, Coburg). We saw the NEAFL clubs leave recently. Ballarat and Bendigo a bit before them. One way or another a AFL reserves competition will be around sooner rather than later. I give it a decade.
Agree , the destroying of local footy was the Swans being sent to Sydney on a Sunday arvo , then they started having Ressies on 7

Something has to happen with this comp , the AFL are destroying footy under them
They always have been. Lots of country clubs would have been dead and buried years ago if it wasn't for the benefactors, farmers and volunteers who fight like hell to keep them afloat. As well as the fellas who drive home every weekend from Melbourne and elsewhere to play.

R1 March 25 BOX HILL h
2 April 1 CASEY a
3 8 BYE
4 15 NORTH h
5 22 NORTHERN a
6 29 BYE
7 May 6 FRANKSTON a
8 13 WILLIAMSTOWN h
9 20 PORT MELBOURNE a
10 27 CARLTON h
11 June 3 BYE
12 10 SANDRINGHAM h
13 17 BRISBANE a
14 24 COLLINGWOOD a
15 July 1 GEELONG h
16 8 RICHMOND a
17 15 FOOTSCRAY h
18 22 BYE
19 29 ESSENDON a
20 August 5 GWS a
21 12 GOLD COAST h
22 19 WERRIBEE h

Official fixture is now out

If all rucks fit and assuming Hickey is number one and Reid is our forward / ruck, I wonder how we will manage Ladhams, Owens and McAndrew? On the one hand, we need to keep Ladhams AFL ready as Hickey could go down at a moment's notice. But we also need to get ruck time into both Owens and McAndrew. Then there's the issue of having Ladhams, Owens and McAndrew effecting the VFL team balance. Is there the option to put McAndrew or Owen back to the Sydney competition? Or do we just pick all 3 and try and get enough ruck time into them?

VFL DRAW 2023 PART 1: Your One Stop Shop
VFL DRAW 2023:

After posting this I swear - the first person who posts 'Where can i watch/listen to the upcoming VFL game" will get a 1 day ban for being thicker than a brick:devil:

DATEHOMEAWAYLOCATIONTIMEMatch Centre LinkResult
Sun 26th MarchSWANSBOX HILL HAWKSTramway Oval, NSW10:05amMatch DayW/L/D
Sun 2nd AprilCASEY DEMONSSWANSCasey Fields, Vic11:05amMatch Day
Sat 15th AprilSWANSNTH MELBTramway Oval, NSW12:35pmMatch Day
Sun 23rd AprilNTHN BULLANTSSWANSPreston City Oval, Vic12:05pmMatch Day
Sat 6th MayFRANKSTONSWANSKinetic Stadium, Vic12:05pmMatch Day
Sat 13th MaySWANSWILLIAMSTOWNTramway Oval, NSW10:35amMatch Day
Sat 20th MayPORT MELBOURNESWANSETU, Stadium, VIC7:05pmMatch Day
Fri 26th MaySWANSCARLTONTramway Oval, NSW3:05pmMatch Day
FRI 9th JuneSWANSSANDRINGHAMTramway Oval, NSW1:05pmMatch Day
Sat 17th JuneBRISBANESWANSBrighton Homes Arena, QLD11:05amMatch Day
Sat 24th JuneCOLLINGWOODSWANSAIA Centre, Vic1:05pmMatch Day

Last edited:
VFL DRAW 2023:

DATEHOMEAWAYLOCATIONTIMEMatch Centre LinkResult
Sun 26th MarchSWANSBOX HILL HAWKSTramway Oval, NSW10:05amMatch DayW/L/D
Sun 2nd AprilCASEY DEMONSSWANSCasey Fields, Vic11:05amMatch Day
Sat 15th AprilSWANSNTH MELBTramway Oval, NSW12:35pmMatch Day
Sun 23rd AprilNTHN BULLANTSSWANSPreston City Oval, Vic12:05pmMatch Day
Sat 6th MayFRANKSTONSWANSKinetic Stadium, Vic12:05pmMatch Day
Sat 13th MaySWANSWILLIAMSTOWNTramway Oval, NSW10:35amMatch Day
Sat 20th MayPORT MELBOURNESWANSETU, Stadium, VIC7:05pmMatch Day
Fri 26th MaySWANSCARLTONTramway Oval, NSW3:05pmMatch Day
FRI 9th JuneSWANSSANDRINGHAMTramway Oval, NSW1:05pmMatch Day
Sat 17th JuneBRISBANESWANSBrighton Homes Arena, QLD11:05amMatch Day
Sat 24th JuneCOLLINGWOODSWANSAIA Centre, Vic1:05pmMatch Day
Shits me to tears that the game closest to home at Casey is basically a no go, or would have to leave at half time to ensure I get in to town for the Seniors at the MCG. Ridiculous it is not played as a curtain raiser at the G. Will try and get to the games v Frankston, Port and Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back