TheMase

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans

This is all great news. Much better competition for our twos.

cadsky

Vote 1 - Cadsky for Simmer!
Jun 14, 2011
Mila's backyard
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers

This is very exciting. I think the club has done an outstanding job building the players they have through the neafl to get them to afl standard. To have access to play against the best reserves is awesome and to be able to keep those players longer than they have typically been able to is awesome.

Kiama Chris

Club Legend
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney

Nice to see Laids will continue to coach them. No mention of Perris or Kennealy.

RobbieK

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Berlin
AFL Club
Sydney

Probably the best news to come out of 2020 for us, I'd say.

bedford

Hall of Famer
Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC
Probably the best news to come out of 2020 for us, I'd say.
Personally this comp is terrible, it's all set up to keep young adults in the game. All the standalones will be better breaking away. The AFL COULDN'T GIVE A FLYING fu** ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE EXCEPT THEMSELVES. Sorry caps lock

RobbieK

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Berlin
AFL Club
Sydney
Personally this comp is terrible, it's all set up to keep young adults in the game. All the standalones will be better breaking away. The AFL COULDN'T GIVE A FLYING fu** ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE EXCEPT THEMSELVES. Sorry caps lock
It may well be bad news for the VFL, but it is good news for the club.

SeanM

Team Captain
Oct 17, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I think it is nice if it allows academy kids to still be part of the system and represent the Swans at a meaningful level.

It would be ideal for last years group where there seemed to be a few players close to getting a rookie spot.

GCB85

Premium Platinum
Oct 18, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I may have missed this but has there been any indication as to wether the reserves games will become curtain raisers? Will be interesting also to know if our memberships will allow us access to stand alone games. I vote we play Casey down at Casey Fields every year.

Remove this Banner Ad