Autopsy Swans Vs Bombers, R8 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

essendon were ******* stupid on replay

they just played our tempo all game and then bombed to the loose late

Worsfold is an average tactical coach.

You couldn’t go a day without talking about Longmire :p

You think he did nothing different last night ok interesting

All credit to the players then
Maybe it’s time for the mods to start moving all posts with the word ‘Longmire’ into the Longmire bitch thread. That way the rest of us can focus on the positives and the development of the team ...

Maybe it’s time for the mods to start moving all posts with the word ‘Longmire’ into the Longmire bitch thread. That way the rest of us can focus on the positives and the development of the team ...

You could just ring the other person :p

Was Aliir offered $50 for every time he punched the ball last night? He had no interest in marking it.
I think he was playing to instructions. It was probably a safe option to punch the ball clear of the pack and their dangerous crumbers in Fantasia, Smith and McDonald-Tipungwuti rather than risk a spilled mark and the ball falling to the base of the pack. In the past few games this year we have given up a lot of goals off spilled marks and turnovers in our defensive 50. Essendon is a team with a small forward line that scores off forward pressure and turnovers, especially with no Daniher. Aliir was deliberately spiking the ball towards the boundary line and flanks. Good aggressive defensive football.

I think he was playing to instructions. It was probably a safe option to punch the ball clear of the pack and their dangerous crumbers in Fantasia, Smith and McDonald-Tipungwuti rather than risk a spilled mark and the ball falling to the base of the pack. In the past few games this year we have given up a lot of goals off spilled marks and turnovers in our defensive 50. Essendon is a team with a small forward line that scores off forward pressure and turnovers, especially with no Daniher. Aliir was deliberately spiking the ball towards the boundary line and flanks. Good aggressive defensive football.

Not completely convinced by this. Yes he was highly disciplined and effective but I worry he has declined this year as an attacking weapon from the backline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not completely convinced by this. Yes he was highly disciplined and effective but I worry he has declined this year as an attacking weapon from the backline.

I've thought his marking hasn't been as consistent as previous years. He still goes for his marks but fumbles when it seems in previous years he clunked them more often. I think he's also spoiling a lot more reliably than he used to and he was doing that very effectively on Friday night. I wonder if the coaches have got through to him that he needs to be great at effecting contests via spoiling, although I hope his supreme skill at marking the ball hasn't been lost. I have much more faith in him as a one on one defender now which is a big positive, and I think he's a more well-rounded player, so it's not all negative. I just hope his intercept marking is something he can use a little more.

I think that’s a good assessment mate. Don’t get me wrong, I’m an Aliir fan. Hate to see him lose that marking weapon he has though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back