bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I hope Horse plays the last 2 minutes over and over until the players are sick of it. Some great work but some glaring errors frrom some of our best on the day. Rampe's strange monkey antics after having a huge impact game, Aliir was solid all day but kicks it backwards to the goal square at 1:45 when there was no switch to be had. Not only was it hugely risky but Dawson was then forced to kick it back to a contest at about 55-60m out. Luckily Parker made a strong mark but it was back where Aliir had started. The ball should have been locked in our forward 50 by then. Blakey's sickening turnover when he should have gone long down the line near the boundary was horrid but his tackle was huge.

Lots of footage for young players to digest and learn from.

It was heartening to see both young and old players lift their game and lead by example. I thought it was the best game from Parker and Jack for the year. Jack looked reborn, nipping in and under like a yappy dog. Put his body on the line too. Parker was back to his old form. Hope Heeney can shake his ailments soon but some of the younger guys, especially Blakey and McCartin, were huge.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
1557751065995.png

Somehow I doubt that it was Woosha that gave Rampe the two votes ;)

Scratching beneath the Rampe hullabaloo, Heppell’s gee up of the media over the pronunciation of Fanta-Sia is absolute gold

I just call him lemonade.

connolly

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2015
General Santos City, Mindanao
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Persis Solo, Davao Aguilas FC
I hope Horse plays the last 2 minutes over and over until the players are sick of it. Some great work but some glaring errors frrom some of our best on the day. Rampe's strange monkey antics after having a huge impact game, Aliir was solid all day but kicks it backwards to the goal square at 1:45 when there was no switch to be had. Not only was it hugely risky but Dawson was then forced to kick it back to a contest at about 55-60m out. Luckily Parker made a strong mark but it was back where Aliir had started. The ball should have been locked in our forward 50 by then. Blakey's sickening turnover when he should have gone long down the line near the boundary was horrid but his tackle was huge.

Lots of footage for young players to digest and learn from.

It was heartening to see both young and old players lift their game and lead by example. I thought it was the best game from Parker and Jack for the year. Jack looked reborn, nipping in and under like a yappy dog. Put his body on the line too. Parker was back to his old form. Hope Heeney can shake his ailments soon but some of the younger guys, especially Blakey and McCartin, were huge.
Robbie Fox paced it out with the most damaging and quickest rebounding half back in the competition and forced him wide in the last minute. If he hadn't have done that Saad would have run through the central corridor and passed into a goal kickable position. It was the play that saved us after Blakey's misdirected kick. Thank god it wasn't Jack chasing as he would have been ten metres behind Saad. Fox's contribution in providing run, second efforts and leg speed in the game was invaluable. The inclusion of COR (who played a very good game) and Fox has improved our ground speed. We need more of it. Jack hopefully won't be picked against North with either Rowbottom or Clarke coming in. I don't know about Jack nipping about like a yapping dog but if he was greyhound he would have been put down at the end of the game. He got all of 8 possessions, made three tackles and gave two free kicks away. He kicked a point. All yap and no bite.
Your criticism of Aliir is wrong. The backward kick was a legitimate soaking up of time. Dawson was hardly under any pressure unless you think taking an uncontested mark constitutes pressure for one of the best overhead marks in the competition. The idea of sending it up to our forward line was dangerous as Essendon are the quickest rebounding team in the competition on turnover, which is exactly what happened when Blakey misdirected the kick onto our half forward line.

Last edited:
Can anyone please explain how Sinclair was given three votes? He battled manfully as always but he was beaten in the hit outs and took one mark?

On replay I thought Sinclair was in our best half dozen players.

Back