Autopsy Swans Vs Bombers, R8 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like COR’s game, his best yet for us I feel. Small sample I know but I really liked his work down back, seemed more confident.
I agree. I'd almost given up on him, so was pleased that he put in such a good showing. Hopefully it'll help his confidence and he'll only improve from here.

Name one pure tap ruckman that would be up for trade right now?

Hell even if we had kept Nank he is not a huge tap ruckman, he operates more as a tall midfielder who provides a contest in the ruck. Winning tap's to advantage isn't Naismith's problem, his problem lays with having an impact around the ground.
Grundy hasn't yet resigned and the Pies must be under serious cap pressures. Swap Tippett out for him.

Robbie Fox paced it out with the most damaging and quickest rebounding half back in the competition and forced him wide in the last minute. If he hadn't have done that Saad would have run through the central corridor and passed into a goal kickable position. It was the play that saved us after Blakey's misdirected kick. Thank god it wasn't Jack chasing as he would have been ten metres behind Saad. Fox's contribution in providing run, second efforts and leg speed in the game was invaluable. The inclusion of COR (who played a very good game) and Fox has improved our ground speed. We need more of it. Jack hopefully won't be picked against North with either Rowbottom or Clarke coming in. I don't know about Jack nipping about like a yapping dog but if he was greyhound he would have been put down at the end of the game. He got all of 8 possessions, made three tackles and gave two free kicks away. He kicked a point. All yap and no bite.
Your criticism of Aliir is wrong. The backward kick was a legitimate soaking up of time. Dawson was hardly under any pressure unless you think taking an uncontested mark constitutes pressure for one of the best overhead marks in the competition. The idea of sending it up to our forward line was dangerous as Essendon are the quickest rebounding team in the competition on turnover, which is exactly what happened when Blakey misdirected the kick onto our half forward line.
I disagree about Aliir. The ball ended up in a worse position but still had to come back up the line. Good sense if there's a switch on but there wasn't. Aliir just isn't the sharpest chisel in the woodshed. Great athleticism but slow to make decisions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back