Autopsy Swans Vs Carlton Round 17

Remove this Banner Ad

It was always obvious that we were short a ruck. Sinclair toils manfully but is mediocre at best, and Cameron doesn't seem highly rated by the coaching staff. Naismith is always injured. Shouldn't getting a decent ruckmen have been a priority before the season started? I get that the injuries have screwed us, but we were always going to struggle in this regard even without them.

Last edited:

Told you guys in advance to get on the Blues.

Ended up getting them for $5.60 under 24 points.

The Jack selection was extremely insightful. The hands are off the steering wheel, all eyes are on Mad Monday now.

Kennedy is approaching cooked status for 2020

I did say in the JPK thread that we should never write him off but sadly, he appears to have lost what little speed he had and struggles to get to contests. He has been an absolute battering ram for a decade and it looks as though it has finally taken its toll.

This IMO is one of the main reasons for our drop off this year.

I did say in the JPK thread that we should never write him off but sadly, he appears to have lost what little speed he had and struggles to get to contests. He has been an absolute battering ram for a decade and it looks as though it has finally taken its toll.

This IMO is one of the main reasons for our drop off this year.
He’s carrying that knee, it’s obvious

So, what were our game day issues today and what would your game day response have been?
Very good question. However some people are only knowledgeable in being negative and can’t explain why there being negative and how to turn it into a positive.

Longmire should have gone man on man and not allowed the Blues a spare in defence the last quarter. Aliir should have started as ruck in the last not Reid.

i would like to see less dawson mills lloyd in defence, worse case 2 of them as a maximum at one time, prefer one if jones also pushes back

i think lloyd could be more useful on a wing, Dawson kicking into the 50 and near goal more

mills has been a positive today down back so leave him there out of the 3

Very good question. However some people are only knowledgeable in being negative and can’t explain why there being negative and how to turn it into a positive.

Longmire should have gone man on man and not allowed the Blues a spare in defence the last quarter. Aliir should have started as ruck in the last not Reid.

i liked Carlton going deep forward with their entries, created a few goals and that almost one they reviewed

we tried to chip and piddle around and hit up too much imo, wind made that less effective, but saw no adjustment

Told you guys in advance to get on the Blues.

Ended up getting them for $5.60 under 24 points.

The Jack selection was extremely insightful. The hands are off the steering wheel, all eyes are on Mad Monday now.

mcveigh will return next week

he may talk reg into a comeback and see if they can tape smithy up to play

kirk may even strap on the boots and play

he likes the old players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geebers I hate our mob being bested by CFC. Every loss to them has been a dagger in my pea heart. It was not as bad the 2017 loss but it still curdles my blood.

There are few pluses to take from this. I thought Mills and Rampe were ok and a couple of the kids were ok. George was ok.

We fielded an ordinary team with a few woefully out of form and one poor bloke playing on a tank that is dry and bereft of fumes.

Kudos to former Swan Nic Newman. He played us on a break and no doubt gained some personal satisfaction.

Oh well. I have seen us have some shocking seasons. This is not in the top ten poor years. The wheel will turn though I doubt I will see it.

Geebers I hate our mob being bested by CFC. Every loss to them has been a dagger in my pea heart. It was not as bad the 2017 loss but it still curdles my blood.

There are few pluses to take from this. I thought Mills and Rampe were ok and a couple of the kids were ok. George was ok.

We fielded an ordinary team with a few woefully out of form and one poor bloke playing on a tank that is dry and bereft of fumes.

Kudos to former Swan Nic Newman. He played us on a break and no doubt gained some personal satisfaction.

Oh well. I have seen us have some shocking seasons. This is not in the top ten poor years. The wheel will turn though I doubt I will see it.

I'm not going to say I told you so.

But I did bloody tell you!

i think rowbottom stood out for his competitive efforts with those you mentioned, tackled hard

Horrible game to watch
But still, had to expect a step backwards a some stage with this mainly young crew

Remove this Banner Ad

Back