Autopsy Swans Vs Carlton Round 17

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Gold Coast is a large enough area that everyone wants a foothold there, but it never works out in any sport. Basketball and soccer failed miserably, and the rugby league and afl teams are only surviving because the organisations are too proud to admit failure and are keeping them on life support. It's not a viable region for any game at present. They just don't do sport up there.
They are just not "doing it" well enough, see the sunny coast lightning

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Why would they respond? They’ve written down their ideals.
They haven't though, this is where this discussion stems from. Anyone who has a tantrum over the coaching refuses to provide substantive points to justify the tantrums.
Go seek their responses instead of being lazy and requesting I do the dirty work for you.
How'd I know you'd avoid backing up your statement? Magic. In any case, its been great talking to a walking personification of the Dunning-Kreuger effect however I think I'll draw a line under the conversation here.

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Neither am I Kap but there seems to be a bewildering refusal.
Agreed Mick. Be great if we threw around some knowledge about the game style etc and use the swans board wisdom

lazy77

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
They are just not "doing it" well enough, see the sunny coast lightning
I have no idea what that is, but I suspect you're talking about netball? Come on now. I was talking about real sports that expect more than 50 people per game.

Last edited:

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
They haven't though, this is where this discussion stems from. Anyone who has a tantrum over the coaching refuses to provide substantive points to justify the tantrums.

How'd I know you'd avoid backing up your statement? Magic. In any case, its been great talking to a walking personification of the Dunning-Kreuger effect however I think I'll draw a line under the conversation here.
And how’d I know you’d run away, having not given us your interpretation of the gameplan? Probably suggest that you stop asking the question because nobody (there is now 2 of us) wants to deal with this bullshit response. Have a good night

Kapanis

Cancelled
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
I have no idea what that is, but I suspect you're talking about netball? Come on now. I was talking about real sports that expect more than 800 people per game.
Biggest participation by capita of any sport in the country. It also illustrates, if its done right, it can succeed. Lots more i could blah about but im tired, and simply I dont care tbh, boomshanker

lazy77

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Biggest participation by capita of any sport in the country. It also illustrates, if its done right, it can succeed. Lots more i could blah about but im tired, and simply I dont care tbh, boomshanker
At the risk of being politically incorrect, I don't consider netball a legitimate sport. Most ridiculous sport I know of.

And I thought soccer had the biggest participation?

Last edited:
One thing... with horse here for 3 more he then should make a strong statementt at selection this week that reflects what he is about for these next few years. What does he stand for as a coach and what is he willing to accept from the playing group.
It will be interesting to see what he does. One thing for sure is there should be multiple outs for today's ordinary performance

At the risk of being politically incorrect, I don't consider netball a legitimate sport. It's a game for fat girls who can't be bothered running and jumping in basketball. Most ridiculous sport I know of.

Seriously I Have daughters who pay netball at a high level and that description is nothing more than insulting.

At the risk of being politically incorrect, I don't consider netball a legitimate sport. It's a game for fat girls who can't be bothered running and jumping in basketball. Most ridiculous sport I know of.

Not politically incorrect. Just douchey.

serious? you ever watched it, bloody hard

lazy77

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Seriously I Have daughters who pay netball at a high level and that description is nothing more than insulting.
It's fine for kids and amateurs. I just find it unwatchable at professional level.

But yes. I was too harsh. Just the continental European in me I guess. I've come around to AFL and cricket and the rugby codes since moving to Aus, but netball will never make sense to me.

newman f off

5D4536C4-7D34-452A-96F2-BEC23372CC79.png

lazy77

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
serious? you ever watched it, bloody hard
I remember enjoying it once. I was watching Australia-New Zealand with my girlfriend and Australia won with the last shot. I even got a bit excited. But nah. I just can't take it seriously as a pro sport. It's just gimped basketball to me.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I remember enjoying it once. I was watching Australia-New Zealand with my girlfriend and Australia won with the last shot. I even got a bit excited. But nah. I just can't take it seriously as a pro sport. It's just gimped basketball to me.

Requires more skill than basketball as it is much harder to score. Doesn't involve 7ft tall men just jumping 30cm to get to the basket.

everyone has diferent tastes

just harsh to say its for fat chicks etc imo

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Whatever the opposite of fanboys is ? Hater ? Then that pretty much sums up your posts. Ever got anything positive to add than to bemoan positivity and go on hulk smash rants. You have a great football mind, I genuinely mean that as I have seen that but try and lighten up a little because you make this negative prick even more depressed.

See You have responded to a post that you have totally misunderstood. It is not being negative it is suggesting we face facts that this list is capable of losing games to mediocre or lesser teams and days like today with our current list can and will happen. To blame the coach for today or his selection of Jack one player is ridiculous. Bemoan positivity ? There is no positivity in continually blaming the coach for the way this team executes or their lack of energy for the contest and thinking Jack's selection by Longmire somehow sabotaged the teams chances of winning today is negativity and if you go back and read through some posts that suggested it you will not find my name assigned to it. I am positive about the Club's future but days like today do knock you on your arse and back to reality about the job ahead of developing the talent to a level it is capable of.

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

I remember watching enviously as Hayward and Florent burst onto the scene...smooth moving kids and Hayward an excellent shot at goal.

Disappointing to see both go backwards but this can happen in the development of young players. Both seem to have lost their confidence and spark.

Not sure if it's the game plan and the way Horse is using them...although on the surface the slightshot, play on at a high frequency gameplan should suit them.

Back