Autopsy Swans Vs Carlton Round 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Focus on the positives, we have such good depth that we are able to trade Nic Newman for a 4th round pick

Lol. He was the one bloke we traded I was unhappy about. Played well and will be top ten in the Crims' b and f.

So looking ahead, we have Freo ..
In his presser Lyon noted Hawks first three goals came from frees. He implied at least one was dubious. Expect Freo will benefit.

I guess there will be changes. Coach Shee .. erm ... Longmire at his Presser hinted that Foxy could play as a ruckman. Who said the guy was the guy was not innovative, particularly as Sandilands may play. Coach Lifetime Contract does not seem all that impressed with McLean or Knoll.

Unclear whether McVeigh got through ok. If yes he will come in.

Coach will be desparate to play Buddy. Hopefully he has another week running laps.

I expect the Ins to be Fox and McVeigh. The outs I expect would be Ronke and COR.

These are the Ins and outs I expect, not what I would hope for.

Personally I hope the following changes are made.

Ins
1.. one of Amartey, McLean or Knoll. We need a tall bloke who is willing to compete. I think whichever of the three is fittest and mentally alert should get the gig.

2. Fox should play, though not as ruckman. He is adaptable and could tag - maybe Mundy or on a wing, taking his turn in CS clearances.

3. Rose should not have been dropped in the first place.

Outs
Jack- Too banged up to play well at this level. The Perth ground would also be torture for him.
Ronke - poor bugger is totally out of form but still tries his guts out.
Hayward - still contests well but the yips need fixing. Two or three weeks in the 2s may help him. A bag or two would restore confidence and enable a return for the last few games.

Can’t see Cor dropped he was clunking a few and Did ok

Lloyd was torn yet another new one by Gibbons. Yes Gibbons.

Jack? Speechless. It was all said when the team news broke.
Ronke? Had a game to rival KJ's and does not belong anywhere near AFL level.
If there was anyone to replace him Melican would not be playing seniors next week.

Longmire lost the game at the selection table. We should have chosen a ruckman. I would have gone with Amartey.
Horse didn't put a tag on Cripps until the second half. He is one of the best midfielders in the comp.

The way I saw it we had an extra at the contest because we were losing the midfield.

So manning him up would return midfield dominance to them.

As it were with how we played today, it was a case of damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Why always make excuses under the guise of being positive?
You are just parroting what horse said in the presser.
If we are getting smashed in contested possession it is a really negative solution to play an extra at the contest. The coaches need to change the midfield set up and the personnel or just get ir right from the start, eg, have hewitt tag the best midfielder in the comp from the start instead of letting him run free for a half of footy. Play different players in the midfield. Play a ruckman so were not giving up the ball from the source and so we don't lose a key back and key forward who fail to create a contest in the middle.

Horse: "Kreuzers been a unique ruckman for years".

Did he just realise that after the game?

Why always make excuses under the guise of being positive?
You are just parroting what horse said in the presser.
If we are getting smashed in contested possession it is a really negative solution to play an extra at the contest. The coaches need to change the midfield set up and the personnel or just get ir right from the start, eg, have hewitt tag the best midfielder in the comp from the start instead of letting him run free for a half of footy. Play different players in the midfield. Play a ruckman so were not giving up the ball from the source and so we don't lose a key back and key forward who fail to create a contest in the middle.

Horse: "Kreuzers been a unique ruckman for years".

Did he just realise that after the game?

I haven’t even watched his press conference mate....... so any correlation is a coincidence...

I don’t get emotional about it all, and I look for reasons as to how / why things happen.

I said last year that our depth was ordinary, not many agreed with me. We are getting the inconsistency that I expected so why would I be negative about something I anticipated?

Easy to say play a ruckman. I can see why they would be hesitant to play Knoll in particular. Amartey and McLean and undersized and arguably would just be passengers, potentially making the situation worse. Cameron would be playing if fit and certainly Naismith would too...

Horse is a bit damned if he does or does not around here. If he puts Hewett on at the start everyone whinges here how he is too defensive and we should just let Hewett get the footy. ‘We should back our players and play attacking not defensive’ is the type of regular commentary here. Then when he does that and we go head to head (and get smashed) he is critiqued for not putting a tagger in place. We have also ran the likes of Papley through the midfield to much criticism.

You will never see me throw my toys out of the cot in a hissy fit. I just don’t see the point. I try and remain balanced and analyse facts rather than get emotional about it all.

Each to their own.

I haven’t even watched his press conference mate....... so any correlation is a coincidence...

I don’t get emotional about it all, and I look for reasons as to how / why things happen.

I said last year that our depth was ordinary, not many agreed with me. We are getting the inconsistency that I expected so why would I be negative about something I anticipated?

Easy to say play a ruckman. I can see why they would be hesitant to play Knoll in particular. Amartey and McLean and undersized and arguably would just be passengers, potentially making the situation worse. Cameron would be playing if fit and certainly Naismith would too...

Horse is a bit damned if he does or does not around here. If he puts Hewett on at the start everyone whinges here how he is too defensive and we should just let Hewett get the footy. ‘We should back our players and play attacking not defensive’ is the type of regular commentary here. Then when he does that and we go head to head (and get smashed) he is critiqued for not putting a tagger in place. We have also ran the likes of Papley through the midfield to much criticism.

You will never see me throw my toys out of the cot in a hissy fit. I just don’t see the point. I try and remain balanced and analyse facts rather than get emotional about it all.

Each to their own.

i think you are on the money with the depth

selection considerations are really shuffling deck chairs

our list is broken

Each to their own.
Always enjoy your take on things, Mase. You always back up your opinions with good analysis.

i think you are on the money with the depth

selection considerations are really shuffling deck chairs

our list is broken
Not broken exactly but a few hole that need patching. We've got some really good youth that will come into their own in a few years but there's a few more veterans we need to move on and target some key recruits in the next few years in that prime age bracket.

Not broken exactly but a few hole that need patching. We've got some really good youth that will come into their own in a few years but there's a few more veterans we need to move on and target some key recruits in the next few years in that prime age bracket.

i think a lot of our 28 plus aged players have fallen quicker than anticipated and a few players for a variety of reasons havent kicked in where expected, prime example naismith just hasnt been able to even play to nail down the ruck spot

hypothetically if he had of been fit and become a good ruck/ clear 1 you could have sinclair forward ruck and McCartin or blakey develop in the neafl

but the midfield depth chart looks awful right now

Focus on the positives, we have such good depth that we are able to trade Nic Newman for a 4th round pick

I'm looking forward to your review of our list management at the end of this season. Please don't hold back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course not. I just meant that the constant negativity is kinda self defeating. What’s the point in making ourselves depressed? We should have more faith that we’ll come good. We’re not as far as some here think.
Fear not. One win and everyone will be talking up our awesome team again.

Footy fandom. Where bipolarity is the resting state.

Each to their own.
I am pretty sure I explained reasons for everything I said. I don't know how you get hissy fit out of that. It is also a bit much to respond to one poster's analysis with a critique of 'people on here'. I have never criticised the way we use hewett unless it has been a situation when we need to score a few goals or lose the match and horse just keeps him as a tagger. I have been very positive about the way papley bursts out of stoppages in the midfield (not so much his disposal). The point is he didn't even try that in the match. He was completely out coached by a team much lower than us on the table.

Fair enough if you don't watch his press conferences. I have just noticed that your analysis always seems to coincide pretty strongly with what he says after a game. Maybe thats why tedesco likes all your posts.;)

I do get emotional but I think I also explain what I am saying rather than just bagging or praising people thoughtlessly.

Amartey has been until recently playing ruck in the NEAFL reasonably long time and would offer more of a contest than reid or allir for that reason. He looks taller than those two to me but I'm sure you checked that out before posting as you are very thorough. But its not just the ruckmen themselves, it's how they allow us to play allure in defence and reid in the forwards.

It is an autopsy thread, so saying you predicted our general demise last year or last century isn't relevant to me. It's about analysing the game that just occurred; what we could of done better, especially when towelled up by the carlton coaches and players.

not sure these carlton supporters coming on here would hold our club in such esteem if they lost.

I noticed yesterday Longmire on the bench then went to the box

Had a headset on talking to players.

In the breaks he went out to address the team every time

Why did he do all this? As he is apparently not a match day performance factor

Seems a waste of time then

Have we won a trade recently ?
Recent trades (only those involving a player)

Andrejs Everitt and pick 39 for pick 32

Jesse White for pick 44

Shane Mumford for pick 35

Shane Biggs and pick 39 for pick 37

Michael Talia and pick 69 for 2016 pick 70

Craig Bird for 16 draft points

Lewis Jetta for Callum Sinclair

Toby Nankervis for pick 46

Tom Mitchell and pick 57 for picks 14 and 52

Sam Murray and 2018 pick 50 for 2018 pick 31

Nic Newman for 2019 4th round pick

Jackson Thurlow for pick 70

Dan Hannebery and pick 28 for pick 39 and (projected) 2019 pick 22

Gary Rohan for pick 62 (on-traded pick 62 for Ryan Clarke)

Recent trades (only those involving a player)

Andrejs Everitt and pick 39 for pick 32

Jesse White for pick 44

Shane Mumford for pick 35

Shane Biggs and pick 39 for pick 37

Michael Talia and pick 69 for 2016 pick 70

Craig Bird for 16 draft points

Lewis Jetta for Callum Sinclair

Toby Nankervis for pick 46

Tom Mitchell and pick 57 for picks 14 and 52

Sam Murray and 2018 pick 50 for 2018 pick 31

Nic Newman for 2019 4th round pick

Jackson Thurlow for pick 70

Dan Hannebery and pick 28 for pick 39 and (projected) 2019 pick 22

Gary Rohan for pick 62 (on-traded pick 62 for Ryan Clarke)

I would have to check who we got in each trade my gut feeling is we are 0 for

Remove this Banner Ad

Back