Autopsy 2021 Swans Vs Dees - AFL Round 8

Crust

All Australian
Jun 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SUANFC
Two things not already covered stood out to me.
First, Ling reported at 3/4 time that Horse exhorted the players to show more dash and dare, which is very unHorselike, but I like it.
Second, as the siren went there was the obligatory reaction shot of Horse in the box. I'm no lip reader but could have sworn he said "well done".

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Two things not already covered stood out to me.
First, Ling reported at 3/4 time that Horse exhorted the players to show more dash and dare, which is very unHorselike, but I like it.
Second, as the siren went there was the obligatory reaction shot of Horse in the box. I'm no lip reader but could have sworn he said "well done".
I was high up in the members and above the huddle and Ling didn't seem to be anywhere near it

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Should have won

Most definitely.
Had a quick look at the last quarter replay (will watch the whole game tonight) & we had them panicking. Everything they tried came off & the opposite for us though we did have a few plays come off. Definitely taking the game on made us a threat, though I think it may have cost us early in the game when we bit off more than we could chew.

melbournehammer

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
taking the game on lead to a massive deficit at quarter time against the cats as we missed targets repeatedly.

bombing to may versus buddy was brainless after about quarter time. we might find against the better teams he becomes a decoy. a very very expensive one but no doubt we aren't far off

i think we could cause a few headaches in september assuming we can get there

Bigdaz68

Rookie
Jan 10, 2008
South Morang
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, 49'ers, Duke
Pickett is scared , simple we were too hard for him . MacLean stays in and out Sinclair
Yes Pickett was frighteningly feeble...made Harry look like He-Man!! He did a great job on him and we also shut down Fritsch...maybe the guilts got to him after ridiculously getting off last week's suspension.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Yes Pickett was frighteningly feeble...made Harry look like He-Man!! He did a great job on him and we also shut down Fritsch...maybe the guilts got to him after ridiculously getting off last week's suspension.
Guys like Pickett are great to watch and good for the game , but he really s**t himself a few times

Skystyler

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2007
Austinmer
AFL Club
Sydney
Kosi Pickett is built like Twiggy. If he tries to play like Glenn Archer he has a very short career. This is the same criticism Lewis Jetta used to cop early in his career. You don't use a ferrari to tow a caravan. I didn't think he was scared or feeble but it doesn't matter - he is a weapon who will only get better.

Tesla Tenet

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Interesting votes..
3d73a46e2b9ecfa3a01020fbaf014687.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

So 17 players have scored coaches votes across 8 rounds with 8 (*) players 22 years or under!

AFL Coaches Association’s AFL Champion Player Award

Leaderboard for Swans

25 Tom Hickey (SYD)
20 Callum Mills (SYD)
10 Sam Wicks (SYD) *
10 Luke Parker (SYD)
9 Errol Gulden (SYD) *
9 Lance Franklin (SYD)
8 Sam Reid (SYD)
6 Tom McCartin (SYD) *
5 Braeden Campbell (SYD) *
4 Jordan Dawson (SYD)
4 Josh Kennedy (SYD)
4 Isaac Heeney (SYD)
2 Chad Warner (SYD) *
3 Oliver Florent (SYD) *
1 Harry Cunningham (SYD)
1 Will Hayward (SYD) *
1 Hayden McLean (SYD) *
=====
Round 1 Brisbane Lions
10 Callum Mills (SYD)
7 Errol Gulden (SYD)
7 Tom Hickey (SYD)
3 Isaac Heeney (SYD)
1 Harry Cunningham (SYD)
Round 2 Adelaide Crows
5 Tom McCartin (SYD)
5 Braeden Campbell (SYD)
4 Jordan Dawson (SYD)
2 Errol Gulden (SYD)
2 Chad Warner (SYD)
1 Isaac Heeney (SYD)
Round 3 Richmond
10 Sam Wicks (SYD)
7 Tom Papley (SYD)
4 Jordan Dawson (SYD)
4 Tom Hickey (SYD)
2 Oliver Florent (SYD)
2 Chad Warner (SYD)
1 Callum Mills (SYD)
Round 4 Essendon
10 Luke Parker (SYD)
8 Sam Reid (SYD)
3 Tom Hickey (SYD)
2 Callum Mills (SYD)
2 Josh Kennedy (SYD)
Round 5 GWS
9 Lance Franklin (SYD)
1 Will Hayward (SYD)
Round 6 GCS
2 Josh Kennedy (SYD)
Round 7 Geelong
10 Tom Hickey (SYD)
3 Oliver Florent (SYD)
3 Tom McCartin (SYD)
1 Hayden McLean (SYD)
Round 8 Melbourne
7 Callum Mills (SYD)
1 Tom Hickey (SYD)

LEADERBOARD
42 Hugh McCluggage BL
38 David Mundy FRE
34 Max Gawn MELB
34 Touk Miller GCFC
34 Ollie Wines PORT

Tesla Tenet

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Late comments but we had a real crack and provided nearly finals pressure.

We did talk about coralling or tackling last week and clearly tackling in the best way to create pressure. 92 tackles, nearly beat ladder leader, that will do it.

One of those games were a single individual or two or three players are named responsible for the lose. Just one example but could did it for most or all players.

Great goal from 50m from Hayward, missed from 35m right in front and a weird kick when he had a target at 20m another at 50m in front of him and kicked it 35m to two Demons. That's footy.

Every player made a mistake on both teams so 'play on'.

Our forwards did get sucked up the ground, sometimes, to assist the defence but when we did get a release kick or turnover we only had a few options to move the ball quickly or refused to keep it going.

Only other comment is we still fail to release heavy pressure laterally with 25-35m kicks (from central areas) to the pocket, flanks our wings. We get too narrow and we don't keep our width.

Great effort and plenty of good things happened and I do have a bit of a man crush for the 'Hickster'. So skilful and a 'thinking' ruck.

I will always thank Sinkers for carrying the ruck, undersized and being banged up, with massive personal efforts, and we can only ever ask for 100% and Sinkers did that however his time is done. 12 games short of father and son/daughter qualification.

Crush the Pies and it is 'happy days' again. EAD Eddie.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Back