Autopsy 2021 Swans Vs Dees - AFL Round 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think so
Agree to disagree. I think we've shown enough now. Yes we lost 2 games we probably should have won, but then again Richmond are 4-4 and they are still flag favourites. We didn't drop at all un top 8 betting. And if anything gws scraping by the bombers probably proved they are still a step away from being a top 8 side.

We will lose more games. As will all the top sides. But think we've done enough now to show we a finals side. I was in mcc tonight and the feeling amongst dees fans was more of a "see you in the finals" feeling.

Buddy’s worst game for the club
He is still our best key forward and he is going to draw the best defender but he has never been a great overhead mark. He can open up opportunities for guys like Reid and Maclean because he will always draw attention. Maclean was a bit unlucky tonight. Got treated unfairly by the umps a couple of times.

One that got away, but not unhappy. One of McLean or Sinclair shouldn’t have played, but oh well. Really should trounce the pies next week

Playing Sinclair was a huge mistake

No it wasn’t. You can’t say that. I agree in greasy conditions we were top heavy but you have to have support for Hickey on a dodgy knee and they were pulling Buddy off halfway through each quarter. Probably they should have pulled Buddy out in hindsight but that’s a big call.

But you can’t send a suspect Hickey out against 2 quality ruckmen without support.

Not really sure how to be feeling after that one. Felt like the umpiring was a tad ordinary.

I'm not a fan of ump.bashing however some calls got paid Melbourne's way but the same thing happens down our end and we get nothing.

Certainly not blaming the umpiring but I felt it shifted momentum in some key plays.

You could just see the valve released every time the Dees got a free kick and the heads slightly drop from our boys.

We just couldn't stick the nose in front. Get within 3 and they'd get one back.

Was a big week for us and it would have been easy to drop the bundle and make excuses but we fought on. Proud of that.

I'm disappointed for the loss but confident we will be the yardstick in a couple of seasons.

Moving on to next week.

I don’t want to see Franklin finishing off his career trying to milk free kicks thought he was clearly hampened in his movement tonight and was up against a great defender in form.

Papley needs to stop trying to milk frees its not working not after the *Clarko coffee with umpires*
Papley looked like he got shot after every contest

Mixed feelings, glad we stayed in it while most of our team was very poor to average.

My goodness Hickey and Papely tried all night.

Florent is so terrible its scary no idea what any of you see in him, let alone continually think he is in our best few week in and week out. Absolute torture even shanking handballs tonight in attacking movements killing momentum.

We played to tall at the selection table for a wet weather game.

We played too many players with the names of Sinclair, Florent and Fox.

Despite all that we were very close to an upset, we have an absolute truckload of improvement left in us too and we still nearly won.
Not sure if you were at the game but florent ran harder than anyone on the ground. He made space when there was none. Granted needs to tidy up disposal but your comments seem ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So only a few weeks ago we were loving counting down to Buddy kicking 1000 with his 4 goals a game he was giving us briefly, rush him back from injury in the rain against a top 5 defender and now its time to retire?

Come on now.

Not sure if you were at the game but florent ran harder than anyone on the ground. He made space when there was none. Granted needs to tidy up disposal but your comments seem ridiculous.

Florent's disposal is what it is, by foot he hasnt gotten better in 5 years now. That either matters to you or it doesn't because it wont change.

I dont mind him but he is given a lot of slack considering he has never really been a consistent standout.

We need an A grade mod simple imo

Someone who can break open a game

Look we were under the most of the night , we went back to bombing like I thought that will happen

Imo we took it right up to them , apparently they are the best t team in the Comp
I'm really happy with how the midfield is developing. In 2 or 3 years we'll have Mills, Warner, Rowbottom and either Gulden or Campbell. I reckon last year we were a C, this year a B. Give it time for these boys to grow as footballers and men, and we'll have an a grade midfield. Warner is a game breaker. I thought all the mids made enormous effort last night, only fault was bombing it into the forward line.. not sure why we kept persisting with this. Definition of madness.. doing the same thing over and over.....

I feel like the best take away from the game was that the blood spirit is alive and strong and does give us a point of difference. Yes we need to improve in a few areas, but without that spirit we don’t have a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back