Not open for further replies.

SilentHunter_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 15, 2014
Terra firma
AFL Club
Sydney
Demons are going to be fired up, they obviously don't want to be 0 and 4. We have to show the same intensity as we did for quarters 2 and 3 against Carlton for the whole game if we're to win.

Last edited:
Apologies Mr The King, I usually accept your sage advice, however I am holding back with my tip.

I am waiting on Troystenvic's daughter to give her tip. She is the Board's true oracle. Her tips are unerring (though for strategic reasons known only to her, there is the odd misdirection).

The selection of McInnerney shows we are wanting to break the lines out of the back line. His ability to surge past players with his pace is such an asset. At the same time he seems to be quite a good defender. I hope the kid has a blinder. I think Horse wants to exploit Dees lack of pace in the forward half.

The Dees don't have a hugely quick midfield either. Having Papley and Jones in there is going to stretch them if they are used right. In other words of we get the set ups right. I think this is definitely a game we can win. I just hope we do. Our major problem is our inability to play sustained footy. We play in patches which give us quarters. But to play good footy for more than a half would be good.

We are in a year of change and regeneration. The last three years have been about keeping competitive while regenerating. This is the year we regenerate. The last of the old players will retire this year and this means the young blokes need to step up this year and start to show what they can do. We might not make the eight but if we show development I will be happy.

Next year we must be a lot better though.

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

The selection of McInnerney shows we are wanting to break the lines out of the back line. His ability to surge past players with his pace is such an asset. At the same time he seems to be quite a good defender. I hope the kid has a blinder. I think Horse wants to exploit Dees lack of pace in the forward half.

The Dees don't have a hugely quick midfield either. Having Papley and Jones in there is going to stretch them if they are used right. In other words of we get the set ups right. I think this is definitely a game we can win. I just hope we do. Our major problem is our inability to play sustained footy. We play in patches which give us quarters. But to play good footy for more than a half would be good.

We are in a year of change and regeneration. The last three years have been about keeping competitive while regenerating. This is the year we regenerate. The last of the old players will retire this year and this means the young blokes need to step up this year and start to show what they can do. We might not make the eight but if we show development I will be happy.

Next year we must be a lot better though.

You truly are a wordsmith, Wolfy.

Our major problem is our inability to play sustained footy. We play in patches which give us quarters. But to play good footy for more than a half would be good.

I really think Wolftone has nailed some key points^.

Last week the first quarter was even and we were well on top in the 2nd and 3rd. In the 4th Q they got back into the game, but not because our effort was not sustained. The problem was the team had to sustain effort to a different strategy - ie Jose Horsey parked the bus.

The Swans have had a consistent winning streak over the Dees for some years now. Structural, personnel, belief. I can't that changing tonight.

Get the ball anywhere near your forward line and pencil in a score. That will happen a lot.

The Swans have had a consistent winning streak over the Dees for some years now. Structural, personnel, belief. I can't that changing tonight.

Get the ball anywhere near your forward line and pencil in a score. That will happen a lot.

I can see your midfield winning a lot of ball against ours. We're not strong there at all. This could well be another game where we lose the I50 count by stacks and can't capitalise on the Demons' weakly performing defence.

The SCG doesn't harbour confidence in any of us anymore, it shouldn't harbour much fear for your guys who have been very strong in contested ball and clearances

I can see your midfield winning a lot of ball against ours. We're not strong there at all. This could well be another game where we lose the I50 count by stacks and can't capitalise on the Demons' weakly performing defence.

The SCG doesn't harbour confidence in any of us anymore, it shouldn't harbour much fear for your guys who have been very strong in contested ball and clearances
Usually yes, we are strong at the contest. But our tendancy to a) dump kick from the contest means that it often sails straight back in the other direction, or b) we have been over-committing 2-3 players at the ball carrier and leaving opposition outside options free for the handball receive and we get sliced open.

The clearance stats this year have flattered us. Its what we do with them that counts, and we have wasted them.

Usually yes, we are strong at the contest. But our tendancy to a) dump kick from the contest means that it often sails straight back in the other direction, or b) we have been over-committing 2-3 players at the ball carrier and leaving opposition outside options free for the handball receive and we get sliced open.

The clearance stats this year have flattered us. Its what we do with them that counts, and we have wasted them.

Reminds me of that scene from the Simpsons where Manjula (Apu's wife) and Marge are talking about how the other person's house is so nice and their own is terrible.

Manjula: Let's just say we both feel bad.

Marge: Deal.

break the lines out of the back line.

Can someone explain this to me. I've followed and played footy for over 20 years and I still don't know what "the lines" are.

Folks talk about "breaking lines" and going "down the line" and they must be two different lines because otherwise it doesnt make any sense. What ******* lines?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone explain this to me. I've followed and played footy for over 20 years and I still don't know what "the lines" are.

Folks talk about "breaking lines" and going "down the line" and they must be two different lines because otherwise it doesnt make any sense. What ******* lines?
Points in space.

The lines you break are defensive lines or zones.

The lines you go down are boundary lines.

The lines you snort are lines of cocaine.

The lines you drop are clever phrases designed to seduce beautiful women.

The lines you hold are telephone lines (not so relevant in this day and age).

None of these lines should be confused with the others. They are all different lines.

None of these lines should be confused with the others. They are all different lines.
You are very good at writing lines.

Have you crossed the line?

In the old days of footy you had lines. Forward line, half forward line, centre line, half back line, back line. That is what breaking the lines means you run across the different positional lines passing players from those lines on the way. Satisfy you?

The line you cross to get white line fever is the boundary line too. Just ask Craig Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back