Swan Dive

Team Captain
Sep 10, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Sydney today
Mostly sunny
20% chance of rain
Currently 19 degrees, top of 21 forecast.

Just about perfect weather for footy.

Regardless of the scoreboard It will put my mind to ease if they just show hunger/passion and play for each other they don't show anything and the rumours are becoming true.
The Coaches/players have said they had some home truths on Monday in the review so you should be able to tell which players are playing for the jumper and which ones are not.

Regardless of the scoreboard It will put my mind to ease if they just show hunger/passion and play for each other they don't show anything and the rumours are becoming true.
The Coaches/players have said they had some home truths on Monday in the review so you should be able to tell which players are playing for the jumper and which ones are not.

I agree but it is incumbent on the coaches to supply them with a structure that they can perform in.

Belief and will is a two way street.

Give them something to believe in and the team has the talent and will to make it happen without a doubt.

Looking forward to Parker, McGlynn, BJ causing havoc in the forward line with alternative routes to goal other than Big Bud, giving confidence to the mids who will kick goals themselves and a final quarter burst from Budster who has been starved of the ball kicking a miserly 4 goals to seal the match

I agree but it is incumbent on the coaches to supply them with a structure that they can perform in.

Belief and will is a two way street.

Give them something to believe in and the team has the talent and will to make it happen without a doubt.

Somehow I don't think bombing it long is in the gameplan. Although it could be the result of poor structure putting additional pressure on the mids, which is effecting their ability to find space and deliver the ball effectively.

I think the main problem is the lack of pressure in our f50, it means that the midfield have to work hard to win possession in the centre, deliver it to the forwards, then switch straight to defence when the ball comes sailing back through the midfield after our forwards have failed to take a mark, or apply adequate defensive pressure to our opposition's backline. It means our midfield is constantly on alert and immediately going from attack to defence.

With a couple of pacey, hungry players in the f50, we should be able to firstly, crumb the ball and hit the scoreboard, or apply additional pressure and keep the ball locked in the f50, where our mids can just guard the perimeter and take a bit of a breather as the forwards share some of the defensive load.

Had we have had the start many had been hoping for this year and expecting, and been playing the kind of footy we all know the lads can play, and been on a roll, the expectations around this game would be alot different. There is really no reason why we couldn't have been at 4 zip or at least 3-1 because we have the cattle. So at best, lets give them the benefit of the doubt and see what they can do. It's dry, It's Freo, it's SCG, should be a great game. We have much to prove. Time to shine. Go Swans!

Had we have had the start many had been hoping for this year and expecting, and been playing the kind of footy we all know the lads can play, and been on a roll, the expectations around this game would be alot different. There is really no reason why we couldn't have been at 4 zip or at least 3-1 because we have the cattle. So at best, lets give them the benefit of the doubt and see what they can do. It's dry, It's Freo, it's SCG, should be a great game. We have much to prove. Time to shine. Go Swans!
can you play guitar and r u at the Bluesfest this weekend in Byron

Driving into the city now the day looks brilliant. I don't even want a win today all I want is some effort and some respect for the jumper. I'd love to see buddy kick 6 and grab a hold of the jumper and kiss it.

This game would have been different if we were heading in 3-1 but it's not and it's now a game we need to win to make the competition realise that we are still here and we will fight to the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Driving into the city now the day looks brilliant. I don't even want a win today all I want is some effort and some respect for the jumper. I'd love to see buddy kick 6 and grab a hold of the jumper and kiss it.

This game would have been different if we were heading in 3-1 but it's not and it's now a game we need to win to make the competition realise that we are still here and we will fight to the end.
You don't even want a win, are you kidding !

Good luck you guys! Massive danger game for us, and we are coming off a 6 day break with undercooked players, so I think your boys are a good chance. It will be a close one and I've tipped Freo - but just.

Hoping for a cracker of a match and no suspensions or injuries to either side!

Unfortunately not....... But I'm hoping it's just precaution as he had the stuffing knocked out of him in the contest and took along time to get up before he walked off
who stepped on the ant......Cant get even one ace into our first forward line at any one point in time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back