Game Day Swans vs Dockers, SCG, 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the replay and Craig Bird had a very sneaky good game. Crisp handballs out of packs, some vital tackles that halted Freo's momentum and strong running. Good to have him back in the side.

For someone that has had back to back top ten finishes in our best and fairest it constantly amazes me how underrated/ under-appreciated he is.

In my opinion he would be one of the most important players in our lineup, is incredibly versatile and nearly always performs his role.

For someone that has had back to back top ten finishes in our best and fairest it constantly amazes me how underrated/ under-appreciated he is.

In my opinion he would be one of the most important players in our lineup, is incredibly versatile and nearly always performs his role.

Agreed. I mean how often have any of us thought after a game "Bird had a shocker". I don't remember the last time I thought that. Bird and Smith are actually quite similar in that they are highly valued internally but because they are not flashy players they tend to get overlooked.

I cracked it at Bird during the Richmond game at the MCG in 2011 cos his leg speed got shown up but actually since then I have noticed all the other things he does so I like him now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are s**t when the effort and workrate is down

I think we are also a slow adjusting side at times, that becomes an issue in the wet, but its no excuse, especially to lose to gws. They suck, that loss is a such a killer
In my opinion it does not matter who we lose to, only that we do not lose too often. I would take the losses to gws, pies and North if they were the only ones this season.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

In my opinion it does not matter who we lose to, only that we do not lose too often. I would take the losses to gws, pies and North if they were the only ones this season.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

To a point

But if you drop gws, roos type games to get top 4 you need to beat hawks cats etc to get the amount of wins for top 4 anyway

Besides we have seen sides beat up poor teams and get exposed quickly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back