Game Day Swans vs Dockers, SCG, 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I hear someone on the radio say that the Swans win was an example of a team on their way down having the odd good game. Yes, the first time in a month we actually resemble our old selves and that's the aberration...:confused:

The football media works singularly in hyperbole. Unless your Hawthorn or Geelong and they're blowing smoke up your arse, there isn't any point paying attention.

the more the media writes us off, the better we will play, as far as i'm concerned. :)

(2005 - 2 wins from the first 5 rounds - no one was talking swans at that stage.)

Last edited:
I hear someone on the radio say that the Swans win was an example of a team on their way down having the odd good game. Yes, the first time in a month we actually resemble our old selves and that's the aberration...:confused:

The football media works singularly in hyperbole. Unless your Hawthorn or Geelong and they're blowing smoke up your arse, there isn't any point paying attention.
Stating the obvious but we MUST keep doin it.

baja whip out those ruck stats bro

Swans: 18 (11%) Freo: 65 (32%)

Pyke 12 (0%)
Derickz 7 (29%)

Sandilands 48 (42%)
Clarkw 13 (8%)

I am reading a lot of bad things about Derickz but he does have a crack he really works hard to get front position needs more footy smarts turns himself into trouble and ball watches at times.

A few other stats I loved were the tackle counts, 102-66 that kind of work rate will beat anyone its akin to the one sided smother count in the wet last week it speaks volumes. Can anyone find that stat?

The clearances were obvious but not bad considering, we were beaten 43-32

130 interchanges(max)

Super Ted 11 first quarter disposals and the Beast Kennedy 38 disposals, 13 in the last. Benny McGlynn 12 tackles 31 pressure acts well ahead of the second highest on the ground (both teams) was Jetta with 24.

Loved how we went about it that was Bloods football at its finest, 2 minutes in and you knew we were on I couldn't have asked more than that even if we didn't come away with the win, but most times that attitude and commitment wins games, Go Bloods!

I was in the middle of nowhere camping over the weekend, but I was lucky enought to pick up a crackly ABC telecast, and what a stirring win. Haven't watched a replay yet, but a quick look at the stats, McGlynn on fire.

Caught the first half live, watching the second half on replay now. Rampe played an absolute blinder, mopped up everything that came his way, and made excellent decisions on the rebound.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't wanna believe in some of the crazy weather theories but are we really that hopeless in the rain or was it just a complete lack of effort in the GWS/North game?

We are s**t when the effort and workrate is down

I think we are also a slow adjusting side at times, that becomes an issue in the wet, but its no excuse, especially to lose to gws. They suck, that loss is a such a killer

We are s**t when the effort and workrate is down

I think we are also a slow adjusting side at times, that becomes an issue in the wet, but its no excuse, especially to lose to gws. They suck, that loss is a such a killer

I guess your're right mate we don't possess some of the disposal skills like other sides do, but we make it up by tackling pressure and attack on the ball.

For the GWS loss would be fair to say we are a arrogant side at times mate?

I guess your're right mate we don't possess some of the disposal skills like other sides do, but we make it up by tackling pressure and attack on the ball.

For the GWS loss would be fair to say we are a arrogant side at times mate?

I dont know, there some unquantifiable percentage you just cant afford to be off against any team in this comp, maybe some sides can cruise more than others

I dont know why the side can play like they did against the dockers but dish up crap v giants, pies and roos, we didnt just lose the games we were dismal.

Was it the players that were dropped?, was it some structure or plan issue? Did gws for instance lift to play us?

Was the freo game the exception?
Maybe we just played s**t in the losses no reason why ?

Cant ignore the stats in the weather but to me we lose a lot of those games tactically , eg too many talls vthe roos

The freo game is more in line with the output we expect from the talent we have, that intensity and effort would at least win us the gws game, maybe the pies as well

Dunno, still dont think we have shown anything near port hawthorn and geelong at least, i was happy with the effort v freo because of how poor we had been. But i dont believe it was an epic contest, we played like rubbish early and a top side would of buried us early, freo didnt because they arent that good

The media jumping back on this week, they jump on and off us quickly

Our best is good enough to beat all top fancied teams.
I'm a little tired of hearing Swans fans accusing the players of lack of effort and lack of skills - as if it was 2004/2005 all over again.

It wasn't just tackling or running the game out on Saturday.
Freo played well - but we outtackled them, out skilled them, outran them, out-enthused them against a mountain of Sandi's tapdowns and punches ahead.
Our skills - multiple/fast disposals, targeted kicking, swarming defence - Freo couldn't match it.

We are good enough on all counts to win it this year.

Dunno, still dont think we have shown anything near port hawthorn and geelong at least, i was happy with the effort v freo because of how poor we had been. But i dont believe it was an epic contest, we played like rubbish early and a top side would of buried us early, freo didnt because they arent that good

The media jumping back on this week, they jump on and off us quickly

I didn't watch any media on Monday is the hardest two way running midfield back :p

just watched the replay. Some tough stuff there, and some sore boys I imagine. Pleasing result and LLoyd looked good.

I also think we need to rest and rotate players throughout the season obviously you can't bring the intensity we did against Freo every week or the players will be gone by half season.

We need to find ways of winning easy to against the lesser sides and bring that full intensity against a great side.

Watching the replay and Craig Bird had a very sneaky good game. Crisp handballs out of packs, some vital tackles that halted Freo's momentum and strong running. Good to have him back in the side.

We always look better when he is in imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back