Autopsy Swans vs Dogs Rnd 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps you are right, but I think it is also reasonable to assume that at the first sign of problems Longmire went ulta defensive instead of backing the players.

I don’t think it is reasonable to assume that actually, especially now you can’t just send the runner out whenever you want.

Our players were just second to the ball from that point onwards and then they panicked and allowed the Dogs to dictate the terms of the game.

It’s only Round One, plenty of water to go under the bridge.

I'm so excited about out forward line. 6-6-6 could be the fountain of youth for Buddy and if Reid can stay healthy, he could kick 40+. Blakey is a big upgrade on McCartin and as a couple of posters mentioned, once the big boys work out how to play off each other as opposed to all flying for the same pill, we'll be dangerous.

Our long standing structures are well redundant.
Gift the lads the ticket (as they were, eventually) to take the game on and *, we'll do just that.
Melican and Blakey need some NEAFL. Otherwise we desperately needed Ronke at the drop of the pill tonight. Dare to say that even Kizz woulda been nice...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Blakey was classy , not ready yet but he did some nice work

Reid was ok

Parker good late but need 4 quarters

Reg and Jpk cooked

Use of Heeney Mills papley baffling

Mellican I thought was ok

Aliir was average

I see Dawson is being rated poorly he had some bad moments but I see promise he needs a run in the middle imo

So, I probably won't read the game thread, might be a little tense for me... lol :D

Overall, while I would have liked them to win, I'm not that disappointed oddly. I thought we were really rusty, and while every now & then we showed quick, clean handling, it simply wasn't anywhere near consistent enough. Thought it took a fair while for a few of the younger players to get into the game, and some of our older ones will definitely be better for the outing.

I was pretty happy that we didn't give up, and fought back in the last. I also thought that when we were good, we were pretty damn excellent.

Heeney is going to give me a lot of joy for a very long time. :):D

The umpires were pretty rusty too, imo... didn't think it was biased, just poor.

Looking forward to watching them play the crows live next week!

Heeney and Mills need to be full time midfielders. Anything else is farting about and not addressing the serious issues in our midfield.
I agree with this.
Ideally at the 4/4 i'd have IH, Mills, Parker, JPK

Heeney and Mills need to be full time midfielders. Anything else is farting about and not addressing the serious issues in our midfield.

Kennedy’s dramatic decline hasn’t helped

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that was the most instructive game of footy I've seen from us for awhile.

Play slow, defensive footy and sideways footy and kick one goal to half time.

Take the game on, use the corridor and get it in quickly to our forwards and we looked like world beaters in the second.

To be fair the Doggies mids tore it up and they are back to that elite handballing in close and getting it quickly out to space for the clearance.

Not a great start but that second half showed what we could be.

I had to go out from half time till 10 mins into the last term so I missed all that, but the answer to our woes seems pretty simple. Whatever we did while I was out, we need to do for the whole match from now on. So, what did we do?

I had to go out from half time till 10 mins into the last term so I missed all that, but the answer to our woes seems pretty simple. Whatever we did while I was out, we need to do for the whole match from now on. So, what did we do?

We started taking the game on through the corridor, moving the ball quickly and giving our tall forwards a chance to mark it one on one.

Worse is that the Bulldogs don't have a great forward line. A team like Richmond would destroy us if we give Riewoldt and Lynch 68 opportunities to score.

Adelaide will smack us next week, glad I've taken the Crows to win before we played...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back