Autopsy Swans Vs Don's Rnd 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Sotddart for florent

I would keep Ollie in at the moment. Stoddard was ok in the 2s but has not done enough. Florent and Ronke were poor yesterday but the only change is to bring in a tall - Grassy or Amartey.

I would keep Ollie in at the moment. Stoddard was ok in the 2s but has not done enough. Florent and Ronke were poor yesterday but the only change is to bring in a tall - Grassy or Amartey.

Stoddart won’t play much better than he did last night. If he doesn’t get his chance now then when will he?

Agree re Florent. You don’t drop 20 year olds three matches after they were one of your best on ground.

Stoddart won’t play much better than he did last night. If he doesn’t get his chance now then when will he?

Agree re Florent. You don’t drop 20 year olds three matches after they were one of your best on ground.

Agree re Florent but I really don't see much upside in Stoddard.

Agree re Florent but I really don't see much upside in Stoddard.

Maybe not, but what about his potential? His pace out of the back line might free up Dawson to play on the forward arc instead of the defensive arc. Or might mean we don’t have to rely on random players like Rowbottom and Hayward intercepting/exiting our back line. What’s the harm in trying Stoddart?

At this stage there is not much harm. However our major deficit at the moment is a ruckman.

Agreed there. I’d pull the trigger on both moves. Get some pace into the back line with Stoddart and keep some athleticism in the ruck with Amartey. Would free Aliir up as well.

Agreed there. I’d pull the trigger on both moves. Get some pace into the back line with Stoddart and keep some athleticism in the ruck with Amartey. Would free Aliir up as well.

So who gets chopped?

McVeigh may also be declared fit this week.

Makes me laugh that any flogs following that s**t stain of a club have any pride in cheering on a team that blatantly disregarded not only the rules but the health and safety of the players at the club. They then strut around and try and claim being hard done by from a league that tipped their club off so they could destroy the evidence that would have lead to the wiping out of the club. One can only hope that even with the assistance they seem to be getting over the last couple of weeks that if they make finals they once again fail to win a final and the club and players are torn apart by the turmoil their repeated failures creates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpires need to go properly full time, pay em 150-200 k a year, and attract some competent people to the job.

that would just make them overpaid incompetent people

Aliirs doing well enough imo

Less passengers the better.

yeah true

i felt aliir nailed the ruck, but it was against a potato

did we miss him too much down back? he still was involved around the ground

i liked it going into this week, its more a guess they might look at

but i think aliir could become the ruckman full time

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I had a feeling we'd drop one, even though we had every opportunity to blow them away. It's asking a lot of a young team to be consistently up. For that reason I'd like to see some experience back into the side. Too many felt the pressure of the MCG (and Essendon's good pressure), including some more experienced guys. Kicks were rushed. Decision making was poor. There were signs of frustration, like Papley lambasting his teammates instead of leading them. Reid stood up in the 3rd but was trying to play too many roles. Mc Cartin was great and deserved more. Parker, Kennedy, Rampe spread too thin. Dawson showed maturity. Ronke, Rose and even Florent looked a bit lost. Aliir was brilliant in the ruck but needs to tackle better if he's to play on ball.

I was a bit miffed by some umpiring calls, particularly some in the last quarter that significantly impacted the outcome. A mark that should have been paid, a ruck infringement that wasn't, a missed 50m penalty, holding the ball when it wasn't. All within the arcs too. I thought the AFL showed their hand a bit more than usual.

If we're to have any hope of playing finals we need some players back. Our best 22 is a lot better than this. Mind you, if we drop more than one game from here it probably doesn't matter. Get games into young guys. Play enough older guys to transfer their learning. Retire those who need retiring and rest those who need to rest.

Seems we can't keep our rucks on the park. We've had ongoing problems with rucks since we lost the Pyke-Mumford combo. The only decent ruck we had we traded to Richmond.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Too many felt the pressure of the MCG (and Essendon's good pressure), including some more experienced guys. Kicks were rushed. Decision making was poor. There were signs of frustration, like Papley lambasting his teammates instead of leading them.

I noticed this too. Papley was frustrated and having a go at a few teammates (Zak Jones too). The whole forward line was just not functioning well at all.

It's hard for Papley because he's essentially the leader down there and he's only 22 himself, but he could learn a thing or two from how Rampe conducts himself with his younger teammates. Constantly encouraging, directing, supporting his fellow defenders. Never seen someone more intent on uplifting his teammates.

I noticed this too. Papley was frustrated and having a go at a few teammates (Zak Jones too). The whole forward line was just not functioning well at all.

It's hard for Papley because he's essentially the leader down there and he's only 22 himself, but he could learn a thing or two from how Rampe conducts himself with his younger teammates. Constantly encouraging, directing, supporting his fellow defenders. Never seen someone more intent on uplifting his teammates.

I like aliir rucking, but with no buddy think reid needs to stay forward ideally

thought we lost the forward structure a lot too yesterday

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Blame the umpires all we want but how many of our useless donkeys missed absolute sitters? What do they do all week? Practice goal kicking!
Dead right. I thought Horse's coaching moves were solid, especially given our lack of rucks. We just butchered every chance we had. There were constant skill errors under pressure. This team needs to take a couple of spoons of concrete and harden the f*&k up. As for Worsfold, he only ever had one plan B, "Put Hunter forward". He's still doing the same.

Dead right. I thought Horse's coaching moves were solid, especially given our lack of rucks. We just butchered every chance we had. There were constant skill errors under pressure. This team needs to take a couple of spoons of concrete and harden the f*&k up. As for Worsfold, he only ever had one plan B, "Put Hunter forward". He's still doing the same.

Goal kicking has been pathetic for the best part of 2-3 seasons. I don’t get it and sound like a broken record- but exactly what do they do during the week? Practice, practice and practice. Bad kicking costs games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back