Autopsy Swans Vs Dons Rnd 4 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never got going but ground out the win. Plenty of positives to take out despite the poor performance.

Biggest positive: played out 4 quarters. Our other 3 we put the queue in the rack once we had it in the bag

Exactly right. We absolutely smashed them in the 4th in clearances, contested etc. However, just didn't kick straight.

That just proves the last 3 weeks, we just needed to finish injury free

Hayward is the best suited to come in and play the role that Heeney has been playing.
Rowbottom comes in for sure, and Blakey is probably the one that misses due to form.

Contested Marks - Swans 12
Reid 6.

Thats enormous on a dewy night.

Score involvements highest

Gulden 9

Great first half and kept competing but the first time i have seen him get frustrated and rushed.

Pressure acts
Wicks 29
Warner 21
Others < 20

It was an ugly win but might help us in the long run. It allows you to show what happens when things are going well and then compare the not so good things.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, so I must have watched a different game to the rest of you...

What I saw...

1. An outstandingly hard fought out win at night in very dewy conditions, by a bunch of under 23-year-olds, with limited experience and limited pre-seasons, five days after an immense game in 30 degree heat. They had every right to drop this one, as young and inexperienced teams are wont to do when the pressure is on and the conditions adverse, and the ball is sliding off the side of the boot, but they fought on, never giving up, like true bloods... and they BLOODY WON!!!

2. Blakey is playing as instructed, otherwise he would have been dropped. There are numerous instances over the last 10-15 years where an infraction (whether it be on the field or off the field) has led to a player not taking the field. Blakey is no different, he is playing as instructed, and all it will take is for him to hit his stride in one game and light it up, and BANG! he will be an instant A grader. The Swans have a proven history of this type of development plan... anyone remember a bloke called Jetta??

3. The umpiring was pretty reasonable over all... As usual they missed a fair bit, and while 29-16 seems fairly one way, I felt that Essendon were clearly willing to give away a free kick rather than let the Swans use fast corridor ball, and to control the inside 50 marking. I thought our skills were better than theirs, although they clearly have the makings of an excellent young team.

All in all, I think the cygnets did very well, and we ground out a hard fought win which leaves us top of the table for the next 24 hours!!! Woohoo!!!

Go BLOODS!!! :largeredcircle: :mwcirlce: :largeredcircle: :mwcirlce:

I’ve been defending Blakey passionately since round one as the effort and possibility are there.

His play on and kick to Heeney in the first is the glimpse at the good but his decision to try and second guess the defenders with a dinky one to Bell in the pocket for a low percentage shot was admittedly the frustration voiced by many posters.

Still think he is on the cusp of a special game but he could also be on the cusp of costing us a game in the same breath. If not for Heeney’s injury and that Lloyd is safe I would have conceded him to be the one to go out.

He really needs to put a good few weeks together to retain his spot and seems it’s the mental side of thegame more than the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back