Autopsy Swans Vs Dons Rnd 4 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citrus22

Premiership Player
Jun 21, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Expected us to run out of legs but boy the fellas dug deep. Reid, McInerney, Mills, Parker and Rampe all contributed really well. Had a number who were a bit off but it really makes a team winning a few close ones so no harm in our overall development.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
He can try as hard as he likes. If you think his performance is acceptable you are watching the wrong game. Just remember what he is putting out there atm is keeping a couple of good young players out of the side. That btw have earned their chance.

Its not acceptable but i dont even know whats his best position yet i thought it might be on the wing?

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
1574932408387.png

Remember this was after we had traded up to 39 after Dodo bid for no reason on Brisbane Academy player at 37 and then selected a ruckman at 38 so we could get The Chad. Paps and Logan go alright

Always remember

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Blakey at the moment is a more explosive version of Dean Towers.

zyzzbruh

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2017
Mnt Olympus
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manchester United
That's a concern but a bigger concern is Blakey. A few of us on here are starting to sound like a broken record but it can't be denied. He has talent no doubt but his decision making, composure, intent and general lack of awareness of what is going on around him is ****ing deplorable.
You're right about his composure but that will come. In tight he always puts his arse on the line I can never fault his effort. He hits the contest hard, got breakaway speed and the ability to break a game open. We need him. An in form Blakey is invaluable. Gotta stick fat

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Take the win and run. That's the type of game we would have lost in past years. Showed a lot of character.

Heeney's injury and a few younger players needing a rest provides a great opportunity for Rowbottom, Hayward and maybe Stephens.

Yup normally teams around our age profile lose tough gutsy grinds.

Old Kenny

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2007
up there
AFL Club
Sydney
Warner- when we needed a clearance he broke a tackle and got it forward.
Reid- let’s stop hanging s**t on him. He is good more often than not.
bell- just not up to it. Tries but we will get more out of others on the fringe.
J Mac- when my sphincter begins to tighten he seems to just get a hand in/chases down or gets if forward.
mccartin- well beaten but was ok in the last quarter.
blakey- I just don’t know what his position is. And I don’t think he does either. Needs to get the pill more.

gotta win ugly though. We would have lost that game if it was 2019/20.

ashep

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Survived a couple of absolute mares and still got the win.

Good learning experience for Braeden. Was absolutely towelled up but kept trying. Likewise Logan didn't get near it but he ran and ran.

Hate to rag on the sub but Bell will be lucky to get another game.

Another nail in the coffin for the "Parker is a downhill skier" narrative.

Reid has lost weight and is playing his best ever footy. Reid is always going to be Reid where he makes you throw your hands in the air but his good is elite and his pressure acts are one of the Swans best. The little non stat hands in to knock the footy away are incredible. He is one of the first picked as back up ruck and fully deserving of his spot every game this year.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Parker really needs to smarten up, for such an a experienced player he makes some silly mistakes

So many of our older players just hack kick the ball constantly. Sydney have worked really hard to get good kickers into the club the last 3 or 4 years but we still have plenty of older players from the era of hard nuts who blind kick when things get tough in the team.

It was a danger game against a team up and about

Wet conditions which doesn't suit our conditions.

5 day break, in 32 degree heat.

Was never going to be the perfect match, but I think it's still a great result for us, we kick straight and we probably win by 4 or 5 goals (at least).

Also Mills in the midfield and Reid (Well everywhere) are silencing their doubters.

Bells useless though.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
It was a danger game against a team up and about

Wet conditions which doesn't suit our conditions.

5 day break, in 32 degree heat.

Was never going to be the perfect match, but I think it's still a great result for us, we kick straight and we probably win by 4 or 5 goals (at least).

Also Mills in the midfield and Reid (Well everywhere) are silencing their doubters.

Bells useless though.

Bell doesnt offer anything would much prefer Hayward or Stephens over him.

Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Shame about Heeney though... sounds like its going to be a month. Hayward comes straight in as the forward, and he will need to prove himself that he is best 22.

Even though not ideal, don't mind wins like this for a young side. At least we clawed our way back. A learning experience where you can't get too ahead of yourselves even though you just made a statement win. As one said, puts us in our place a bit.
I suspect Rowbottom in for Heeney.

The 7 year old goes ok.

Tipped a Don's win which they looked the better side for the most part but in her true style settled on the result.

A SWANS WIN

Breathe Swans Fans.

4 points Banked

:icecream:🍰:balloon:

Citrus22

Premiership Player
Jun 21, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
So many of our older players just hack kick the ball constantly. Sydney have worked really hard to get good kickers into the club the last 3 or 4 years but we still have plenty of older players from the era of hard nuts who blind kick when things get tough in the team.
That’s a symptom of pressure more than anything. Easy to nail pinpoint kicks when the opposition gives you a paddock like last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back