Autopsy Swans Vs Dons Rnd 4 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hewett either tags, plays on the inside or not in the team. He was playing on Stringer one point and was lucky to not give a free for holding. Absolute horrible match up which could have turned the game.

He's too slow for defence.

Yer coaches must of been on drugs if they thought Hewett on Stringer at any period of time was a good idea.

I think McDonald needs a step back for a week.

no! ... why? make changes for injuries (eg, heeney) but otherwise leave them all to play, there's just no need to tinker with a young side winning as they learn ... he's not hurt, he's four games in, don't fck with his head 'resting' him for doing nothing wrong ... they'll all learn better, faster playing seniors, not seconds, particularly a young key forward ...

2 options with this team

Hayward in for Heeney
or
Parker takes Heeney's spot and Rowbottom comes in

It's funny how much of what Reid does, doesn't make the broadcast... but is evident at the ground.
He had a ripper game tonight. Saved our arse down back many a time. Still had more issues in front of goal than I think he should but was the most complete game I've seen from him. He was fantastic tonight

no! ... why? make changes for injuries (eg, heeney) but otherwise leave them all to play, there's just no need to tinker with a young side winning as they learn ... he's not hurt, he's four games in, don't fck with his head 'resting' him for doing nothing wrong ... they'll all learn better, faster playing seniors, not seconds, particularly a young key forward ...
Exactly . First game he hasn’t played well in, huge opportunity for him to learn how to improve his form and player well after a quiet game

IMO, would move Lloyd to the wing, bring in Ling to take Lloyds roll in defence.
Give Blakey a spell in the reserves, just needs what Hayward needs imo.
Move Parker Forward and bring in Rowbottom.

This is pretty much the downside of the ECFL not starting until next week.. Gould and Ling will definitely have a chance to impress next week. Maybe he could be the big bodied defender we need when it comes to 1 on 1 contests. Could give the backline a run for their money as well. Competition for the fringe spots gonna heat up

Good win, but I can't help feeling frustrated with Lloyd in the backline. He's a good player but is in the wrong spot imo.

There were a few non calls in our D50 with 3 mins left in the game that saved our arses. Umpires helped us along the way. That’s 2 weeks in a row that we have enjoyed massive free kick differentials.

It really does effect close games its lunacy to suggest otherwise, was absolutely gobsmacked with the Hickey one.

Hayward for Heeney, like for like.

I think Campbell or Gulden might get a rest for Rowbottom. Maybe even Blakey can find some form in the 2's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Green will murder us next week as he always seems to do. We have no match up.

Provisional changes. Was a tough game and I expect several may pull up sore.

Out: Heeney (inj), Blakey

In: Rowbottom*, Stephens/Haywood (one to be sub)

* Horse seemed optimistic, he'd be good to go.

There were a few non calls in our D50 with 3 mins left in the game that saved our arses. Umpires helped us along the way. That’s 2 weeks in a row that we have enjoyed massive free kick differentials.

Maybe having them up in Sydney to run through the new rules is like a Clarkson master stroke when he would have them around for tea and scones and get to know his players

While Bell was completely off the pace of the game tonight and is someone I don't think is up to the standard to play senior AFL football for a team challenging for a spot in the Top 8, when you see that he had 14 Pressure Acts in just over a half of football (7 players had more - Wicks led the team with 29, next best was Warner with 21 with Kennedy, Papley, Florent, Lloyd, Mills on between 19 and 16) you can see why the coaches keep giving him so many chances to bring his game together.
bring the pressure and the rest will follow..
working for the Swans, certainly worked for Wicks.. maybe it'll come for Bell??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back