Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Neither party animals you would think. Nice.
Reid of course is a petty crim, if we're to believe the poster on here a few weeks ago claiming Sam offered to buy him alcohol from the bottle-o coz the guy was underage, and then ran off with the lobster.

A real dark horse, is our Sam "Family Man" Reid.

Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Reid of course is a petty crim, if we're to believe the poster on here a few weeks ago claiming Sam offered to buy him alcohol from the bottle-o coz the guy was underage, and then ran off with the lobster.

I reckon he was lol ing. Jokes on you.

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
We needed him to get two weeks. He is going to cost us a game I'm sad to say.
He cost us a couple last year with his bad misses but I forgave him as being so young.
Third year in & with the way Gulden & Campbell go about it as 18 year olds, his excuses have run out for mine.
Gulden had 0-3 and 2 oob on the full. I think Gulden had a great game, but wouldn't start comparing the kids.

Mark of the week - Sam Reid

Goal of the Week - Lance Franklin

Bandit55

Senior List
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
There were moments during the game where Bell looked completely lost at sea.

Other moments where he just looks like he's afraid.

On the ABC radio post match Nick Davis and ROK said that the forward line structure looked a lot better when Bell came on. They said that he should keep his place in the team.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

the hypnotoad

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
On the ABC radio post match Nick Davis and ROK said that the forward line structure looked a lot better when Bell came on. They said that he should keep his place in the team.

what would they know!?! if they want to know how the swans should line up they need to come on big footy ...

May 15, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Congratulations on the win.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the game - if you haven't seen these before this is a summary of how often your players were lining up as one of the 5 mids at bounces + centre clearances.

Overall Summary - 27 Bounces

Florent 23 (21w, 2i)
Mills 22
Blakey 20 (18w, 2i)
Kennedy 20
Parker 17
Warner 16
McInerney 15 wing
Papley 2

Hickey 23
Reid 4

Centre Clearances

Parker 4
Kennedy 3
Mills 3
Hickey 3
Warner 2
Papley 1
Gulden 1

Breakdown by Quarter - Q1

Mills 6
Blakey 6 wing
Kennedy 6
Florent 5 (3w, 2i)
McInerney 5 wing
Warner 4
Parker 3

Q2

Florent 8 wing
Blakey 8 (6w, 2i)
Mills 7
Warner 6
Kennedy 5
Parker 5
McInerney 4 wing
Papley 2

Q3

Kennedy 6
Florent 5 wing
Mills 4
Blakey 4 wing
Parker 4
Warner 4
McInerney 3 wing

Q4

Florent 5 wing
Mills 5
Parker 5
Kennedy 3
McInerney 3 wing
Warner 2
Blakey 2 wing

elastic

Cometh the moment
Jul 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney

Claims to be popping down to the shops to buy some nappies but instead he's loitering around the bottle-o clipping tickets on the underagers desperate for some booze. Who knows what he does with the profits... it's unthinkable.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney

I’m surprised to learn this, but given they both played pretty important parts in our forward line themselves back in the day, I respect their judgement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked a lot better than what? Heeney was off and we were a forward short, so obviously the structure was going to look better when Bell came on.

Looked a lot better than what? Heeney was off and we were a forward short, so obviously the structure was going to look better when Bell came on.

He improved in the 4th but his 3rd quarter..

Apr 10, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Anaheim Angels, UA Crimson Tide
We needed him to get two weeks. He is going to cost us a game I'm sad to say.
He cost us a couple last year with his bad misses but I forgave him as being so young.
Third year in & with the way Gulden & Campbell go about it as 18 year olds, his excuses have run out for mine.
Yes, getting to the point where he is potential trade bait.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
As you can see our 4th quarters need a lot of work.

putty_2021-04-10_10-08-21.png

As you can see our 4th quarters need a lot of work.

View attachment 1099074

I think those numbers are slightly misleading. In the first three games, we'd done so well in the first three quarters that by the 4th quarter, we were either tired or we took the foot off the pedal. Thursday night we were clearly the dominant team of the 4th quarter. We kicked 2.6 and should've had a 4-5 goal quarter there to run out the game fairly well. So the issue might be more putting together 4 consistent quarters, not necessarily just a fourth quarter issue.

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Mark of the week - Sam Reid
So many times Reid has taken the big game saving mark. Only Tim English is ahead of Reid for total contested marks in the AFL this year, courtesy of playing North Melbourne early on. Reid's the only Swan rated in the top 20 for marks inside 50, which shows how many individual marking targets and goal kickers we have this year.

Bandit55

Senior List
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney

That’s what they said. They weren’t being critical of Heeney or the other players performance, but were referring to the structure that we had at the start of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back