Autopsy Swans vs. Eagles - Rd 12, 2019

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Perth should be bearable for the next 2 weeks swansfan51

Menzel worked very hard today didn’t hit the scoreboard but liked what I saw

Papley was so desperate to win from
The bounce

Aliir Parker hewett buddy awesome

Reid and buddy worked off each other well mccartin did some good work in the structure

Sinclair pretty good

Rampe

Everyone did a little

Lloyd was ok don’t get me wrong but he racks up a lot of easy touches

Clarke isn’t worth a spot but did contest v gaff

Even rose showed a bit

Good signs all round imo , especially the defence and how they contained probably the best forward group in the comp.

Connection between buddy and Blakey looks to get better each game.

Still hate the way we move the ball from kick outs , play on handball then kick the boundary.

No dew on the ground makes the world of difference.

The bigs need to work like tonight to get separation in the 50.

IF (big IF considering our recent luck) get our best 22 out there fit and firing we'd be a smokey for the top 8 I reckon. It would be fun to troll the competition again.

If we can stop night home games we might win way more often

McRobie

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
That was sick! The boys were amazing. Crisp confident footy.
Praise to Longmire for turning it around, I’ve been staunchly against Longmire biting he can keep them trying to play like this I’ll concede I’m a moron.

Aug 25, 2008
Leeds/'Berra/Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Blakey doesn’t need many touches to have an impact.

Clarke had another solid game, probably slightly beaten by Gaff but you’ll take that every day.

Dawson had a great first half, though faded in the second.

Rampe must be AA again this year.

Papley just insane. Gone up another level this year, turning into a genuine star.

Really fantastic performance today!

Was super impressed with Mills, he has found form over the last few weeks and really proven some doubters wrong.

Rose was decent today, was solid when he ran through the midfield (would like to keep him in the side).

A fit Heeney and Franklin make a huge difference to our teams mentality and performance.

Best on ground though has to be reserved for Papley, incredible performance!!

Really fantastic performance today!

Was super impressed with Mills, he has found form over the last few weeks and really proven some doubters wrong.

Rose was decent today, was solid when he ran through the midfield (would like to keep him in the side).

A fit Heeney and Franklin make a huge difference to our teams mentality and performance.

Best on ground though has to be reserved for Papley, incredible performance!!
Playing Mills loose behind the ball have helped him.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Menzel worked very hard today didn’t hit the scoreboard but liked what I saw

Papley was so desperate to win from
The bounce

Aliir Parker hewett buddy awesome

Reid and buddy worked off each other well mccartin did some good work in the structure

Sinclair pretty good

Rampe

Everyone did a little

Lloyd was ok don’t get me wrong but he racks up a lot of easy touches

Clarke isn’t worth a spot but did contest v gaff

Even rose showed a bit

You can say that on the majority of what we have seen so far this year but no way known today. If he is not worth a spot then God help Melican. But again based on Melican's effort today I wouldn't make the same observation. He was solid. They both were.

For the first time in years, I'm excited to play Hawthorn in a few weeks time. Bit of a bastard it's at the SCG under lights. We played without fear today. We did that last week too in the first quarter, but went into our shells when Geelong struck back. Was pleasing to see us continue to attack after the Eagles hit the front.

Gonna be a hard team to break into. Hayward probably comes back, but not sure I'd be dropping anyone unless there's injuries. Give all our unfit players extra time to recover.
IF (big IF considering our recent luck) we get our best 22 out there fit and firing we'd be a smokey for the top 8 I reckon. It would be fun to troll the competition again.
Would absolutely love it if we could, but think we're too far back this year sadly.

SilentHunter_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 15, 2014
Terra firma
AFL Club
Sydney
For the first time in years, I'm excited to play Hawthorn in a few weeks time. Bit of a bastard it's at the SCG under lights. We played without fear today. We did that last week too in the first quarter, but went into our shells when Geelong struck back. Was pleasing to see us continue to attack after the Eagles hit the front.

Gonna be a hard team to break into. Hayward probably comes back, but not sure I'd be dropping anyone unless there's injuries. Give all our unfit players extra time to recover.

Would absolutely love it if we could, but think we're too far back this year sadly.
Let me dream!

Disco Brad

Debutant
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Great win. Might not be our year, but so much to look forward to. George Hewett is now my fave player to watch. The back line was as disciplined as I have seen this year. Melican's best game this year. Aliir was a rock. Lloyd, Mills and Ramps got their hands on it a lot and did good things with it. Papley is now a genuine star. Parker was superb. Heeney made a couple of clangers, but still got about 30 touches and did some great things. Buddy and Reid were genuine targets without cramping each other's style. Blakey is thrilling to watch and is going to be a pleasure to watch for years. Rose and Clarke did what they needed to do and Ollie Florent was a ball magnet, he seems to have an extra second or two when he has the ball now too, which is really promising. Sinclair is a genuine Blood - probably not the ideal 1st ruck to be fair, but one of the first picked every week. McCartin mightn't have had too many stats, but I think he has more upside than many and would get games into him. By the age of 21 with 50-60 games behind him, he'll be something pretty special indeed. When we get Harry, Zac Jones, JPK and Hayward back, we'll have a pretty sold 25. I live overseas and haven't been back to Aus for 4 years, but am coming to the Carlton game at the SCG and can't wait to see this team play in the flesh.

Back