Autopsy Swans vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

I played at A Grade Suburban Level until I was 38 and **** me blokes playing in the twos would hit targets the majority of our players can't hit and in a lot of cases its our supposed upper end players that are the main culprits. It is like a footballer that is not quick. You are either born with speed or you aren't but if your not you can try and improve, diet, fitness, running technique with running coach whatever the **** it takes and you may never be Carl Lewis but with the right application you can improve even a ilttle bit. Take Josh Kennedy for example and this is not a knock on him because without him **** knows where we would be but do the coaches ever pick up in reviews that every time he kicks to a leading target he kicks the ******* ball a foot off the ground with what can only be described as a worm burning scud missile that hits the intended targets ******* toenails ? Do they see it ? Do they talk to him and talk about his technique ? Do they make him go out with the skills coach and simulate those kicks and match scenarios ? Are we as a club coaching these players to improve their biggest weaknesses with the professionalism that the club is revered for ? The evidence says to me No because there has been zero ******* improvement for a long time now in that area and i actually believe it is getting to the stage where it has deteriorated to the extent it is costing us games we should be winning comfortably not to mention the big picture of opportunity to win
premierships.

Btw Kennedy has merely been used as an example here not a scapegoat because blokes like Hanneberry & Parker kick the football far worse the majority of the time and they should not be mentioned in the same paragraph as for what Kennedy brings to this side.

WCE weren't any better. The issue is Sydney had players like Jones and Grundy who are great at getting their hands on the pill, but 9/10 turn it over somehow.

Getting targets such as Heeney and tippett (he needs to be marked) back makes a big difference to the structure of the team and the way the opposition need combat it. I'm not convinced yet that this season is all over, but it's obvious that having certain players out can make many other players look extremely ordinary.

Just checked and there are only 2 Swans players who played yesterday who did not have a clanger, and those two players were Foote and Newman.

6 clangers - Sinclair, Parker, Jones
4 clangers - Aliir, Kennedy, Hewett, Lloyd, Smith, Grundy
3 clangers - Jack, Hayward, Florent, Papley
2 clangers - Mills, Franklin
1 clanger - Fox, Marsh, Reid, Cunningham, Hannebery

I got indigestion from reading this

WCE weren't any better. The issue is Sydney had players like Jones and Grundy who are great at getting their hands on the pill, but 9/10 turn it over somehow.

Getting targets such as Heeney and tippett (he needs to be marked) back makes a big difference to the structure of the team and the way the opposition need combat it. I'm not convinced yet that this season is all over, but it's obvious that having certain players out can make many other players look extremely ordinary.

Agree with you on both points but in the first instance last night they probably weren't better but with skills across the board and from a consistency week in week out they are a shitload better. We are bordering on fair even when we win games. Second point i can't argue with because you right because it also works in reverse where great players can make s**t ones look extremely better than they are.

I played at A Grade Suburban Level until I was 38 and **** me blokes playing in the twos would hit targets the majority of our players can't hit and in a lot of cases its our supposed upper end players that are the main culprits. It is like a footballer that is not quick. You are either born with speed or you aren't but if your not you can try and improve, diet, fitness, running technique with running coach whatever the **** it takes and you may never be Carl Lewis but with the right application you can improve even a ilttle bit. Take Josh Kennedy for example and this is not a knock on him because without him **** knows where we would be but do the coaches ever pick up in reviews that every time he kicks to a leading target he kicks the ******* ball a foot off the ground with what can only be described as a worm burning scud missile that hits the intended targets ******* toenails ? Do they see it ? Do they talk to him and talk about his technique ? Do they make him go out with the skills coach and simulate those kicks and match scenarios ? Are we as a club coaching these players to improve their biggest weaknesses with the professionalism that the club is revered for ? The evidence says to me No because there has been zero ******* improvement for a long time now in that area and i actually believe it is getting to the stage where it has deteriorated to the extent it is costing us games we should be winning comfortably not to mention the big picture of opportunity to win
premierships.

Btw Kennedy has merely been used as an example here not a scapegoat because blokes like Hanneberry & Parker kick the football far worse the majority of the time and they should not be mentioned in the same paragraph as for what Kennedy brings to this side.

Well said Cindy Man!
I am a strong believer that what we stand for as a club has been to be the ultimate 'team' where even though we will always have players with deficiencies, their strengths far outweigh these deficiencies. Take your great example in Josh Kennedy, though our biggest hearted player! Clarko at the Hawks didn't value him enough to keep him because his flaws were his disposal, but Roosy pretty much guaranteed him regular senior footy if he utilised his strengths, which were what was needed in the team. We have become a sum of parts over these last 15 years since Roos started coaching. Unfortunately (fortunately) we have continued to finish seasons in finals, leaving us continuosly with much later picks. I had chat with someone at the club a few years ago & he actually raised the downside of having rookies, who get every bit of ability out of their bodies, such is the desire to make it, but the natural talent & target hitting players are generally only available in the top 15 & maybe 20 picks.

So when some of our key players are missing injured, the errors from the remaining senior players become so exagerated due to a sudden increase in pressure on them with less experience around them to stick to structures. Our structures are basically failing because we don't have enough players representing us that have had drilled into them, what happens in certain scenarios. Introducing one first gamer at a time is the best way to help develop that player. Introducing 3 or 4 in two games is a disaster waiting to happen, hence why I've no doubt Horse knows he made a selection error in bringing in Dawson & dropping Cunningham against the Pies. That would have us 1 & 3 had he not 'punished' Harry, which ultimately punished the team.Dawson's time will come but his performances in the twos weren't exactly shouting out "pick me, pick me"! If 65 possessions & multiple 35 possession games in the NEAFL didn't get Tom Mitchell a regular game in 2014, then it seems we may have started gifting games which according to Paul Roos is not conjucive to building strength in tbe team. Hence we currently sit bottom 4.

Just checked and we are 17th in effective disposal percentage. We are ahead of Carlton but behind Brisbane. Also need to remember Carlton just played a game in the wet last week which probably hurt their effective disposals.

17th, eh? Sure feels like it.

The basic skills of marking the ball and kick and hand passing are so poor. If the players we have coming through can't execute basics, there is going to be a long time of pain.

i gained alot of respect for sinclair last night...hes not very good at football but gee he works his ass off. He was giving away size and alot of talent to giles and vardy, but he competed very well. Didnt stop trying all night.

If some of our more talented footballers had his work ethic, we would have had a couple of wins on the board

i gained alot of respect for sinclair last night...hes not very good at football but gee he works his ass off. He was giving away size and alot of talent to giles and vardy, but he competed very well. Didnt stop trying all night.

If some of our more talented footballers had his work ethic, we would have had a couple of wins on the board
Since when has Giles been overly talented?
If Giles overly talented to Giles then he is even worse than I thought

Maybe its time mills joined the midfield full time, he has all this potential and to be brutal he stinks in defence right now
You may be right.
Mills is going backwards at the moment.
Why not put Newman in defence and let Mills loose in the mids. Can't do much worse than what's happening now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is more cooked? Smith or Grundy?
smith...grundy is still good at reading the play snd intercepting...his kicking has always been sketchy at best. It improved the last few years due to better decision making, however with the rate the ball is going down back , he as well as others are under more pressure and thus his foot skills look bad again.

Nothing has changed with reg

smith...grundy is still good at reading the play snd intercepting...his kicking has always been sketchy at best. It improved the last few years due to better decision making, however with the rate the ball is going down back , he as well as others are under more pressure and thus his foot skills look bad again.

Nothing has changed with reg
Probbaly a result of teh midfield not putting enough pressure on. There have been far too amny open targets for teh opposition in games so far

Probbaly a result of teh midfield not putting enough pressure on. There have been far too amny open targets for teh opposition in games so far
held kennedy to 2 goals last night..more than did his job. The back line atm is reg, smith,newman, aliir,mills and lloyd....very inexperienced, if your not expecting errors from that group then their kidding themselves

Since when has Giles been overly talented?
If Giles overly talented to Giles then he is even worse than I thought
yep we gave 400 grand to someone with less talent than a genuine s**t truck :mad:
but hey at least he's trying :rolleyes:
people love moving the goalposts around here, bloke is a dud, had one good game for us

yep we gave 400 grand to someone with less talent than a genuine s**t truck :mad:
people love moving the goalposts around here, bloke is a dud, had one good game for us

His game was solid too because we expect so little

he didnt ask for that salary or to come here, are recruiting team is to blame....hes trying as hard as can...not his fault hes not very good

Have a look at 'lol norf' ripping the dogs a new one. There is new tactic. You leave you full forward in the front 50 and they kick goals or knocking it down to a crumber and they score. Unsure if Longmire knews that one..

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

he didnt ask for that salary or to come here, are recruiting team is to blame....hes trying as hard as can...not his fault hes not very good

Trying hard is for kids sport

This is a business

Remove this Banner Ad

Back