Autopsy Swans vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

if we need sinclair to plag well, we are in bigger trouble than i thought...hes the least of our worries

He shouldnt be on the list, and so I agree, its a massive fail all round that he was playing last night as the number one ruck

Our issues are many and I have to say it is starting to telly grate on me hearing Horse respond to questions with " we just have to get better" FMD Really. What about you, can you get better? Give us something......and on Grundy, I watched the play last night that led to the Wc first goal. I remember thinking, well this is going straight back, I mean, he had soooo much time. His issue is as much decision making as rubbishy disposal. I can't get over the play, it was such a deflator.

Okay, read to page 13 but have given up...

So we lost four on the trot... I'll agree it's tragic when the count gets up into the teens... think early 90s!

I think the rule changes are the biggest issue we have. We prided ourselves on our tackling skills, being first to the contested ball, breaking tackles, and now these are not only the best tactics, but are likely to cause a penalty against us. You could see it coming at the end of last year. All of our players now need to take the time to think, rather than play instinctively and it's messing with their heads! All across the ground, but most noticeably in defence and the mids, our whole team is learning to put into practice a new way of playing the ball and tackling.

The AFL changes the rules to grow the game and also specifically to cause a changing of the guard. All hail equalisation!

Our experienced players aren't playing well, added to this, we have a number of injuries and are playing a whole bunch of youngsters... we really are doing okay.

We have a great team, a great club and a pretty good coach! Give them a little time and they will get it all together. Dropping players, sacking coaches, these are all huge overreactions imo, to a bump in the road! Hang in for a bit...

So we lost four on the trot... I'll agree it's tragic when the count gets up into the teens... think early 90s!

I think the rule changes are the biggest issue we have. We prided ourselves on our tackling skills, being first to the contested ball, breaking tackles, and now these are not only the best tactics, but are likely to cause a penalty against us. You could see it coming at the end of last year. All of our players now need to take the time to think, rather than play instinctively and it's messing with their heads! All across the ground, but most noticeably in defence and the mids, our whole team is learning to put into practice a new way of playing the ball and tackling.

The AFL changes the rules to grow the game and also specifically to cause a changing of the guard. All hail equalisation!

Our experienced players aren't playing well, added to this, we have a number of injuries and are playing a whole bunch of youngsters... we really are doing okay.

We have a great team, a great club and a pretty good coach! Give them a little time and they will get it all together. Dropping players, sacking coaches, these are all huge overreactions imo, to a bump in the road! Hang in for a bit...

Dropping players is not an overreaction.

5. GWS - LOSS
6. Carlton - WIN
7. Brisbane - WIN
8. North - LOSS
9. St Kilda - LOSS
10. Hawks - WIN

I think with the players coming back we will beat North and Saints. North are overrated and so are Saints.

Team has been great for ages so lets not drop anyone or be unhappy with losses?

The ability of the umpires to not recognize incorrect disposal against us and yet penalise us for the same is lamentable. But as you say if this means that thwe guard will change then that is ok I suppose. The AFL will feel good even though they have cheated. Thier betting sponsor will feel good because all the money on the Swans for the premiership would be forfeit by the poor punters. But most of all the AFL 'Love Child', GWS, will become the premium team in Sydney. After all the AFL owns GWS. It can control the club how it likes. Nobody at GWS or Suns can say anything against the AFL without being sacked. but Sydney Swans are different and Gillon McLachlan doesn't like us questioning his power. Typical of a psychopathic campaigner.

The ability of the umpires to not recognize incorrect disposal against us and yet penalise us for the same is lamentable. But as you say if this means that thwe guard will change then that is ok I suppose. The AFL will feel good even though they have cheated. Thier betting sponsor will feel good because all the money on the Swans for the premiership would be forfeit by the poor punters. But most of all the AFL 'Love Child', GWS, will become the premium team in Sydney. After all the AFL owns GWS. It can control the club how it likes. Nobody at GWS or Suns can say anything against the AFL without being sacked. but Sydney Swans are different and Gillon McLachlan doesn't like us questioning his power. Typical of a psychopathic campaigner.

Never considered the betting angle, re money on us to win the flag etc

Interesting take

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Parksie was good this wek. Unfortunately Hannas was not

Parker did lift as the game went, his intensity at the very least, his disposal was a bit sub par still and decision making odd, but he is not alone there

He and Hanners have played 3 quarters of decent footy each now over 4 weeks

Thing with Grundy is he needs to be the pillar with Rampe down...his start to the game stuffed us after we had all the run, he gave up two goals through shite disposal and shite decision making. He than did it again when we were on a little run and got to within 7 points. He has had a shocker. Given all the other things that went wrong his errors were the ones that really hurt. He kicked so short to everyone it stopped the play too often.

Jack was having a go, his skills let him down, but I am not sure he is done.

Marsh - Tick, I am liking him more and more. Foote had some moments, Loved Jones, Florent had his moments, Hayward a gun. parley was exactly what you would expect given his pre season, Reid was good and Buddy was just used in such a poor way , whilst being hobbled, was just as good as he could of been.

I would like to see some changes next week, and some senior players included in them. Just need to have someone to bring in.

I think Smithy let as many goals through as Reg. In fact Reg actually got the ball and tried to work it out. But Smithy didn't even get it. When he did have the pill he was disgusting. He let LeCras off the leash so often it's a wonder we weren't punished far more. If it wasn't for his teammates and LeCras' fumbling he would have been punished more than 2.1 & 11.

Parker did lift as the game went, his intensity at the very least, his disposal was a bit sub par still and decision making odd, but he is not alone there

He and Hanners have played 3 quarters of decent footy each now over 4 weeks
Watch his defensive side in the last 2 games
Won't run back hard enough , priddis and Sidebottom hurt him at times

E

I hope you are right but North got closer to beating the Dogs than we did.

with a full team they did and still lost. I think we can flog North with most of our players back. which will be about a week before we play them. Saints aren't that good. We could beat them wit half a team.

Our issues are many and I have to say it is starting to telly grate on me hearing Horse respond to questions with " we just have to get better" FMD Really. What about you, can you get better? Give us something......and on Grundy, I watched the play last night that led to the Wc first goal. I remember thinking, well this is going straight back, I mean, he had soooo much time. His issue is as much decision making as rubbishy disposal. I can't get over the play, it was such a deflator.

What else can Horse say ? The execution has been a real issue this year, for whatever reason. Players can't hit targets, pressure or no pressure.

Tell me how many times a game we hit a leading target coming out of the forward line

How many times do we go s**t that was a awesome passage of play

Hardly ever because either we bomb it or we have an empty foward 50

Best thing we could do is go simple and leave the forwards in the 50 and let the mids HB win it and deliver to a leading forward
Careful.

We will need two GoFundMe whip around and I hate the competition for my head coaching role.

Get in line.

Have a look at 'lol norf' ripping the dogs a new one. There is new tactic. You leave you full forward in the front 50 and they kick goals or knocking it down to a crumber and they score. Unsure if Longmire knews that one..

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
Franklin should have stayed put but Reid had to relieve in the ruck as well as providing an outlet mark. We'll be better to have a 2nd ruck playing. Where were our crumbers ? Papley was the invisible man with just 6 possessions but that could be expected given he has no match fitness. I doubt he'd have played if NEAFL hadn't had a bye. We now face a situation where we have so many players ready to come back that we could end up with too many missing match fitness, yet they do need to get fit fast

Yep horse is slowly ruining the best player of the modern era
Punts summed it up

Buddy has to play for a coach with nfi

The two man conspiracy theory. Horse is deliberately causing Buddy to play below par. In 2016 he played in near career best form so Horse had him nobbled in the GF, by instructing Hewett to injure him. Again in this game he managed to ensure Buddy got a corky. "Haaaa haaa haa haa "(Horse's evil laugh while covering his mouth from the TV cameras).

Here's another theory : Buddy is just playing below par. He may not even be a superstar for ever. He might even eventually age !

The two man conspiracy theory. Horse is deliberately causing Buddy to play below par. In 2016 he played in near career best form so Horse had him nobbled in the GF, by instructing Hewett to injure him. Again in this game he managed to ensure Buddy got a corky. "Haaaa haaa haa haa "(Horse's evil laugh while covering his mouth from the TV cameras).

Here's another theory : Buddy is just playing below par. He may not even be a superstar for ever. He might even eventually age !

Nice twist of the words there, No one accused Horse of sabotage, but i forgot he is a super duper coach who does nothing wrong...

Ohh so buddy is fading now? But i thought we had some super list build around him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back