Autopsy Swans vs Geelong Rd 6 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, what win, I watched it "live" on replay, absolutely stoked with that.

So many standouts but Kennedy has to be top just for his sheer will to get us over the line. Sinclair has become a bona fide good ruckman, gets a lot of the ball around the ground and 100% heart and effort.

Ronke, this is a Papley moment again, a rookie who comes in and after one game you know he's a keeper, just has that unteachable footy nous, pace, courage. Finding guys like this raises the overall level of your best 22, instantly.

Young guys like Hayward and Florent, both high level talents, be patient, they both do some very clever things and both are courageous.

Old guys like Grundy, Smith, Jack, McVeigh, don't try and pension them off, they are keys to where we're going this year.

I'm impartial when I rate the umpires but that game was well and truly loaded against us, glad we won to stick it up them.

Looking forward to what the unlikable Chris Scott has to say on AFL360 tomorrow night, the guy is a tool.

With or without flag, kennedy is a legend of the club if his career ended tomorrow. One of the most consistant players we have ever seen and virtually irreplaceable
You can mark that down as with a flag in 2012, just a matter of if he can lead us to another one. That last quarter of his was unbelievable, against a quality opposition midfield as well.

Loved Hayward's chase down tackle of Dangerfield & then got in his ear while sitting on top of him.
Not so sure about that. Dangerfield is a champion. Never saw Skilton have to do that to anyone. Hayward has a long way to go before he can mouth off to a player like Dangerfield. Being a lout doesn't improve his football.

Please drop the "Chaos ball" there is no such thing and a term derwayne is determined to get in the vernacular. I hate it. Nobody plans that kind of kick.
Dwayne does have a chaos commentary though. Full of cliché and squealing. He commentates like when he played for Geelong. Basically shits himself under pressure.

Can we leave the gambling out of this? Nuff of it all over the tv - I've had it up to my back teeth, and sick of having to explain why to my kids who are the targets of the advertisements.
It's a mugs game. They aren't there to lose money, so that means the punters do.
Agree 100%. I instruct the kids to turn off the TV at half time because it’s mostly gambling ads and whenever they start asking about the odds of us winning etc I explain that footy is not an excuse for gambling, it’s an end in itself.

If they had their time again I reckon the cats might reconsider trying to bully our kids during the game and at 3 qtr time.

Ronke flew the flag, then went they went after hayward and co.

Nice answer by the team, and wonderful that so many of our targetted inexperienced players throughout the day were at the core of that massive response in the 4th.

Ticker. Our team has it.

My take is one on one is not an easy gig. Hard to sustain over 4 quarters.

We started one on one, into the wind, and went spare at the back for the next two quarters to keep us thereabouts and with petrol in the tank. Probably behind a bit more at 3 quarter time than we hoped. Then came sailing home one on one with the wind in the last.

Wonder if Stevie J knew how the wind would strengthen after a very early arvo bounce. Did we win the toss and choose to run into the wind?

Agree 100%. I instruct the kids to turn off the TV at half time because it’s mostly gambling ads and whenever they start asking about the odds of us winning etc I explain that footy is not an excuse for gambling, it’s an end in itself.

The AFL are pathetic on this. :poo:

Totally complicit in targeting the kids who love their game with ads designed to lock them into lifelong gambling (giving their money away) habits. All over their website (even hosting a gambling show FFS ! ) , all over their tv coverage. The reason there is a game in China now? Anyone reckon they believe Chinese kids are going to play footy? Or are they after a massive betting market? Disgusting.

I also turn off at half time. I repeat to my kids during every ad - "Look at these losers handing over their money" or similar. The ads will stop soon before 830 PM , a good start to banning them altogether - coincidentally the Swans' games are almost all at night now :rolleyes:.

If they had their time again I reckon the cats might reconsider trying to bully our kids during the game and at 3 qtr time.

Ronke flew the flag, then went they went after hayward and co.

Nice answer by the team, and wonderful that so many of our targetted inexperienced players throughout the day were at the core of that massive response in the 4th.

Ticker. Our team has it.
Having just watched that last quarter again, I reckon if they had their time over they would’ve put Ratagolea into the ruck. Stanley is an ordinary ruckman at the best of times, but he was useless in the fourth. I like the way Ratagolea plays.

My take is one on one is not an easy gig. Hard to sustain over 4 quarters.

We started one on one, into the wind, and went spare at the back for the next two quarters to keep us thereabouts and with petrol in the tank. Probably behind a bit more at 3 quarter time than we hoped. Then came sailing home one on one with the wind in the last.

Wonder if Stevie J knew how the wind would strengthen after a very early arvo bounce. Did we win the toss and choose to run into the wind?
Johnson knows every blade of grass on that wretched oval. He played the pockets for a decade. Don't underestimate the influence of the mad genius in that last quarter demolition of the Geelong defensive set up. I know its a heresy to the followers of the Great Stallion but Johnson must have had a big say in the last quarter forward structure.

Having just watched that last quarter again, I reckon if they had their time over they would’ve put Ratagolea into the ruck. Stanley is an ordinary ruckman at the best of times, but he was useless in the fourth. I like the way Ratagolea plays.

Tim Kelly, Ratagolea cheap and good pick ups from Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sinkers definitely seemed to regather himself in the fourth after going quiet a bit in the third.

Going with one ruck, we really need to smooth out how we support him this year.

Really positive signs with us coming from 22 points down and winning - even more so away from home and at Geelong - Swans of old for me.

1st and 4th quarters our kicking and handball skills were the best the have been all year and made a huge difference to the amount pressure Geelong were able to apply. It's not surprising we score well when we get this right. The players' basic skill errors and not coaching errors have been behind both losses this season so I think we might be on the up.

There is an obviously a story behind Dean Cox's contribution as he was getting a lot of Kudos in the box.

Rohan was good not by way of amount of footy he got but impacting some plays. Tackle in the first quarter was a team lifter and a couple of ptches where he knocked the ball or kept it alive were important. Jones was terrible and brilliant few points up 5 to go he had the footy in the last line of defense and handballs straight to Geelong who didn't manage to score thankfully, conversely he kicked one of the best goals for the Swans this season and one of his heart in the mouth runs from the backline broke up a sustained barrage of forward pressure from Geelong. His brilliance outweighed the terrible.

Kennedy had a Nick Davis SF like quarter he won the game. Not only in the middle but around the ground he brought others into it with precision ball. He got Parker to stand up under the pump. Of course it is always a team effort but when someone leads by example like he did deserves all the plaudits he gets.

The hunger of Ronke rubbed off and there was a real celebration of his contribution.

Sinclair really impressed

The guy though that really impresses me if Fox has a little bit of Bernard Toohey by way of look and frame. Tough, competitive and looks like he doesn't panic under pressure. Hope they can find a permanent spot for him. Good problem to have for when a few return.

As frustrating as jones his, he doesnt mind a goal running at full speed, pretty tough skill to master and hes making it quite a habbit

Every week im more and more impressed by florent, in a year or two that pick will look like a masterstroke...very good in a contest despite being the size of an embryo.
Florent thinks his way through situations very quickly, love his decision making.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back