Autopsy 2021 Swans Vs Giants Elimination Final. Lost by 1 point

Remove this Banner Ad

* the coaches who backed James Bell and Melican

What a cruel way to finish the season.

Bell Harrison Barnes'd it for us. Just that kick from 20 would have done it. Don't know if the ghosts of that kick will ever leave him.

I know others missed shots as well (wide open Wicks for goal, Hayward dribbler that hit the post, Buddy missing it in the same spot he kicked his 2007 EF goal), but for a prospect that wants to be in the main game, I dont know.

wicks missed as well from 35 completely free

papley shanked a kick in the first quarter.

there were a lot of missed shots that should have been made but bell's kick is only missed by rucks and tall forwards. Small forwards just have to make their kicks. They dont do much else

Had my Pfizer jab so I'll be back when the 5g is turned on.

Never nice to see the 7 year old in tears.

We will be better for the loss. At least we can get rid of some deadwood.

Poor Belly..... Won't sleep for a week but if you're getting paid to kick goals then a 20m kick should be a lay down masierre

Disappointed atm but heads up. Great first finals for a rebuild. This game will be invaluable long term. Sort the contracts out, add a couple of young players to the group. Great first year in the midfield for Mills, McDonald to come on next year. This side is going places. 👍

No such thing exists every season throws up different variables who knows what we are losing in the off season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Post thoughts properly later but if you said we'd finish 6th and lose in a tight EF at the start of the year, I'd take it.

But how we lost that game is what really sucks

No such thing exists every season throws up different variables who knows what we are losing in the off season.
I’m more a half glass full person when it comes to this side. It’s tracking perfectly. Who knows what your keeping or gaining in the off season. I don’t read to much into the media, they’re barely right when it comes to Sydney

Deep down inside I believe the coaching panel did the best they could and exceeded expectations, especially in a 1 in 50 year sort of season.

But its clear that we played depth that should only show up in the H&A season, not in a do or die final and it came back to bite us. Shame Mills, JPK and Blakey fell at the last hurdle. We were KOTD with injuries until the last 2 rounds.

wicks missed as well from 35 completely free

papley shanked a kick in the first quarter.

there were a lot of missed shots that should have been made but bell's kick is only missed by rucks and tall forwards. Small forwards just have to make their kicks. They dont do much else
The Wicks miss was painful, he could have run much closer to goal, the kick is small forward bread and butter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back