Remove this Banner Ad

SBD Gonzalez

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Getting a bit of distance from this heartbreaking loss and I'm starting to think maybe it's for the better in the long term.

Maybe, all things considered, finishing sixth was about right for where this iteration is truthfully at.

Going deep into September, even nabbing a flag, would have been wonderful and I certainly wouldn't have complained, but with our young crew, might have been too much success too soon. Flash-in-the-pan maybe.

This will burn, and may prove to be the foundation for a more sustained success.

(“Sob”.)

Last edited:

bedford

Hall of Famer
Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC
Getting a bit of distance from this heartbreaking loss and I'm starting to think maybe it's for the better in the long term.

Maybe, all things considered, finishing sixth was about right for where this iteration is truthfully at.

Going deep into September, even nabbing a flag, would have been wonderful and I certainly wouldn't have complained, but with our young crew, might have been too much success too soon. Flash-in-the-pan maybe.

This will burn, and may prove to be the foundation for a more sustained success.

(Sob.)
Will be 7th as GWS go ahead now mate

Bonz

Insert something witty here
Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
Cor isn’t AFL level
Melican isn’t AFL level
Bell isn’t vfl level
I quite like COR and think his AFL level.

Melican has shown he is AFL level before but needs a run of games (honestly don't think he was as bad as some are saying either here, but we should have swapped him and McCartin around).

Agree on Bell, he tries his best which is all well and fine but I struggle to see the up side (he has done well as an inside mid at reserves level but yet to see him at seniors there though).

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad