Autopsy 2021 Swans Vs Giants Elimination Final. Lost by 1 point

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
I have noticed you pulling your hair out over it with frustration. I guess the one that really needed to notice was the forward coach and get some action around not allowing that to happen so easily with our own blocking or go nuts at the ump after one of them so they are put on notice (I feel like Stevic only paid the free to Green at the end because Green bumped him at the end of the quarter and wanted to show he doesn't hold grudges against players).

As much as the maggots (And I voiced my concern over that trio before the match) were ignoring the tactic we had to try and address that as a group somehow. Not an easy thing to do when the umps aren't doing their job with three of them watching.
Well said , sorry about the Capitals .

May 9, 2011
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMU Mustangs, Matildas
A few things conspired against us in hindsight…

1. Injuries in the final rounds of the season

2. Omitting the bye deprived us of injured players who might have come good.

3.We landed a final against the giants. Our least favourite match up.

4. We missed shots at goal we’d ordinarily have nailed.

Some positives…

1. To give so many young players finals experience was great.

2. A win may have papered over some cracks, especially defensively and with fade outs.

3. To see a bloke like Heeney BOG (imo) was great. Let’s hope he can keep it up.

4. Horse moved the magnets at half time and showed we have a plan B. Buddy higher up and Heeney deep should be something we see more of.

Im just putting thoughts down, I guess. Don’t think we’re far off it. A good off season of recruiting and we can Look forward to great things next year.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC

Some positives…

2. A win may have papered over some cracks, especially defensively and with fade outs.

3. To see a bloke like Heeney BOG (imo) was great. Let’s hope he can keep it up.

4. Horse moved the magnets at half time and showed we have a plan B. Buddy higher up and Heeney deep should be something we see more of.

Im just putting thoughts down, I guess. Don’t think we’re far off it. A good off season of recruiting and we can Look forward to great things next year.
Good summary

the hypnotoad

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney

Some positives…

spot-on ... lessons to be learned ... but we're on the right track, for sure

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
I agree with what Kingy said about our team,

This year is probably ahead of schedule.

Next year we have Mills a year in the mids. Gulden, Warner, and Campbell a year in the legs, not injured. McDonald a year under the belt. McCartin got better in the second half of the year, Blakey to come back in. McLean and Amartey seem to be continually improving. Dawson, McInerney, and Hewett have had really solid years (career-best imo). Rowbottom finally found form in the last leg of the year.

Rampe hasn't been as solid, but no longer has to take the biggest defender, might need a role change. Still a beautiful kick and smart player, just can't need to be our defence anymore. JPK just keeps going, can't see him taking many back steps. Just a really smart big body, have no issue with him going on.

I am nervous about losing some solid blokes (Parker, Hewett, and Dawson), but pound for pound we have improved more than any other team this year, and only started to find our best team in the last 2 months of the year. Coming out next year is very exciting.

No swan would be happy with how we lost, come out with a fire and we can make a charge.

Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
I agree with what Kingy said about our team,

This year is probably ahead of schedule.

Next year we have Mills a year in the mids. Gulden, Warner, and Campbell a year in the legs, not injured. McDonald a year under the belt. McCartin got better in the second half of the year, Blakey to come back in. McLean and Amartey seem to be continually improving. Dawson, McInerney, and Hewett have had really solid years (career-best imo). Rowbottom finally found form in the last leg of the year.

Rampe hasn't been as solid, but no longer has to take the biggest defender, might need a role change. Still a beautiful kick and smart player, just can't need to be our defence anymore. JPK just keeps going, can't see him taking many back steps. Just a really smart big body, have no issue with him going on.

I am nervous about losing some solid blokes (Parker, Hewett, and Dawson), but pound for pound we have improved more than any other team this year, and only started to find our best team in the last 2 months of the year. Coming out next year is very exciting.

No swan would be happy with how we lost, come out with a fire and we can make a charge.
Do not be nervous Kapers. The future is brighter than you think. Trust in the Swans Recruiters. I do.

Told you all we needed to score more than them to win and I was right.

If Reid plays instead of bell we win. One more tall target and him going back as a spare to assist late in quarters would have been invaluable.

Agree with Bedders too. Melican was fine. So many times was left one out or with no to little assistance and GWS delivered perfectly. Hogan is no slouch and with good ball showed it.

Imagine if our ball into the 50 had been of the same quality. We win

Too many missed set shots early and late. Too much panic and not enough pure class. Warner running in early on and leaving Toby alone at a forward stoppage comes to mind.

Mostly fixable particularly at selection table and with some draft and development time. Quick fix involves a bold trade to get another class tall but that means you give up a prime top 5 player. Who knows we might be brave.

Swansujelly

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 6, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NBA, Woodville,
Melican was fine. if he could get some comtinuity in hid footy he will be even better, poor bugger keeps getting injured. Still think Fox shoulda played, and put on the Umpire toucher. Is it wrong to gain some joy out of his predicament?

I reckon Papley would be the worst room mate

Type who seems like he would be Noisy , s**t everywhere , tells you about every goal he kicked , celebrates during the night

I reckon Papley would be the worst room mate

Type who seems like he would be Noisy , sh*t everywhere , tells you about every goal he kicked , celebrates during the night

Something tells me this would apply to Papley and pretty much every bloke under 22 on our list.

Except Campbell. Apparently he is mister neatness and looking smart!:cool:

Yeah actually Campbell does strike me as a quiet type, sounds very tentative in interviews.

But then I remember on one of those podcasts, someone mentioned he and Errol were a bit of a crazy pair, so maybe not!

Back