Unofficial Preview Swans vs LolNorf @ EddieHead

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care if the game is nothing but a series of never-ending group tackles with no clearances in sight, no kicks and no handballs. Just heavily congested ugly rolling mauls (excuse the rugby jargon) until LolNorf finally concede a rushed behind and we win by a point.

Fu&k the spectacle. Winning is everything.

Aliir will turn into Goodes when he gets his run in the ruck

Not from what I’ve seen from his stints in there at NEAFL level.

Doesn’t have the footy nous to play up the ground.

Not saying he won’t pinch hit in the ruck, I suspect he may given some of the match ups, but I wouldn’t be expecting to see him breaking away from a contest or being particularly damaging.

Happy to be proven wrong!

Not from what I’ve seen from his stints in there at NEAFL level.

Doesn’t have the footy nous to play up the ground.

Not saying he won’t pinch hit in the ruck, I suspect he may given some of the match ups, but I wouldn’t be expecting to see him breaking away from a contest or being particularly damaging.

Happy to be proven wrong!
Coxy to work his magic hopefully.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feeling more excited about this game than many others this season with so many new/young players in. We all knew what we would get from Hanners, Jack, and Rohan, and it hasn't been too flash this year. Feel like we are really watching the swans of the future on Sunday and can't wait. Hopefully John and co. will encourage some flare and fast moving style in this game, and we can really show everyone what we are capable of when we are at our attacking best. Good sign that Rohan has been left out and hopefully he plays and the reserves and stays there until he builds some good form. These new guys who are hungry for the contest and desperate for the win should be great to watch and will hopefully give us a bit of a lift.

Don’t get the hate for this club honestly
It goes back to the '90's when Norf tried to move into Sydney by playing home games here. They very openly went to Swans games trying to poach Swans members and fans. They were very aggressive about thus hiring a hard sell sales organisation. Most Sydney siders hate Norf because of it and the fact they just used the Sydney market as a way to make a quick buck.

There are many ex Norf supporters who now follow Swannies who hate them

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

It goes back to the '90's when Norf tried to move into Sydney by playing home games here. They very openly went to Swans games trying to poach Swans members and fans. They were very aggressive about thus hiring a hard sell sales organisation. Most Sydney siders hate Norf because of it and the fact they just used the Sydney market as a way to make a quick buck.

Then 96.

Then Goodesys last game.

They aren't covered in glory. I kind of feel the sooner they fold/merge with someone the better.

Cameron and Towers playing in NT, I assume Marsh and Rohan are travelling emergencies.

Would have preferred to see Marsh in over Newman and move Jones into the midfield but maybe we can view this as Newman’s last chance to prove his worth.
Thought he was decent last year but most of this year, especially that second game against the Dogs, he’s been below substandard.

Cameron and Towers playing in NT, I assume Marsh and Rohan are travelling emergencies.

Would have preferred to see Marsh in over Newman and move Jones into the midfield but maybe we can view this as Newman’s last chance to prove his worth.
Thought he was decent last year but most of this year, especially that second game against the Dogs, he’s been below substandard.

Newmans AFL form has been ordinary, however we has done all he can do in the NEAFL to get a recall. He might be one of those players, too good for NEAFL but not good enough for AFL?

Ah yes remember the North membership pamplets at the game :poo:

Newmans AFL form has been ordinary, however we has done all he can do in the NEAFL to get a recall. He might be one of those players, too good for NEAFL but not good enough for AFL?

Could very well be but I agree with others about being a welcome change that we’re picking those with the best form in the magoos, despite it being forced with injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back