Remove this Banner Ad

Geez our bottom 2

42FDCB17-262B-4805-A925-69660B8B8897.jpeg

Joycerama

Team Captain
Jul 29, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Tom Harley should stamp his new position with a coaching change.
Two things:

Pretty clear that the team was relying on McVeigh and he had a stinker. Can not rely in future so who?

Also, assistant coaches = shithouse. Richmond chose good assistant coach personnel and it delivered them a premiership. Swans choose Kirk, inexperienced Johnson and admittedly poorly resourced Cox (who I think did well) and got smashed all year. Poor personnel. I do not know if Longmire or Harley is to blame for these appointments, but if they cannot deliver then they need to go. Pls do not sing Harley’s praises so soon. Jury is out.

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Most on this board concede that the Swans game style that may have been successful 5 - 6 years ago is shambolic now. Why is it that most here can see that but Horse just simply refuses to accept it. Personally, I don't think he will change his ways and we may continue to contend for finals but we will be a long way from contending for the flag.
I look at Hardwick as an example. Prior to 2017 his plan was totally based on possession football even if it meant constantly kicking sideways, then backwards. They would use 15 kicks to gain 50 meters. In 2017 their game style changed completely. Now based on pressure, pressure and more pressure. Keep the ball in your forward line at all costs. Kick goals. All the things Longmire has little interest in.
It's a shame that in an era that we have had a team capable of winning numerous flags we will more than likely win none.

Olian

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2013
Between the Bridges
AFL Club
Sydney
Most on this board concede that the Swans game style that may have been successful 5 - 6 years ago is shambolic now. Why is it that most here can see that but Horse just simply refuses to accept it. Personally, I don't think he will change his ways and we may continue to play contend for finals but we will be a long way from contending for the flag.
I look at Hardwick as an example. Prior to 2017 his plan was totally based on possession football even if it meant constantly kicking sideways, then backwards. They would use 15 kicks to gain 50 meters. In 2017 their game style changed completely. Now based on pressure, pressure and more pressure. Keep the ball in your forward line at all costs. Kick goals. All the things Longmire has little interest in.
It's a shame that in an era that we have had a team capable of winning numerous flags we will more than likely win none.
Listen to Longmires post match press conference. Scoring is an issue and something they will be working on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2018 49 point loss (scored 30)
2017 59 point loss (scored 39)
2016 22 point loss (scored 67) v 7th
2015 26 point loss (scored 51) out in straight sets
2014 63 point loss
2013 25 point loss (scored 74)

Some s**t finals exits

Listen to Longmires post match press conference. Scoring is an issue and something they will be working on.

Says the same s**t every time

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Do you really believe that? Saying something and actually doing something about it are two totally different things. He has had this defensive mentality his entire coaching life. Can't see him really changing.

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Do you believe that the coaches don’t recognise that scoring is down?
I accept that they know that scoring is down. What I don't accept is that they will change their current philosophy of how to win a game of football. It will remain as it is now. Stoppage football. Slow football. No risk football. Defense first football.
They seem to have this mentality that we can still kick a winning score whilst playing this brand of football.

2018 49 point loss (scored 30)
2017 59 point loss (scored 39)
2016 22 point loss (scored 67) v 7th
2015 26 point loss (scored 51) out in straight sets
2014 63 point loss
2013 25 point loss (scored 74)

Some s**t finals exits
Our poor record can extend to a few QFs as well

2016 scored 55 and loss by 36 to a team playing its first ever final
2015 scored 60 but lost by 9 (this was actually a pretty good performance)
2013 scored 51 lost by 54

Rana_swans

Debutant
Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
AFL Club
Sydney
We are going to be the reverse Geelong next year. Plenty of talent at either end but nothing in between where it counts the most.

Think the club's been too behind the eight-ball in recent times. We had a dominant midfield group that lacked outside pace and class. Then it takes two grand final losses to finally start bringing in some of that class (back-to-back years bringing in Florent, Stoddart, Ling, Hayward types.)

Now we have a midfield group struggling with inside contested ball and if speculation is true we seem to be focusing on on key forwards and key defenders.

Remember we had a likely brownlow medal winner in Mitchell and a premiership ruckman in Nankervis. Probably didnt shift players earlier enough to keep these guys.

mattpolo8

Red and white tragic
Sep 25, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Miami Heat
Haven't read back through any of this and just got home from trying to enjoy my night out in Sydney at a good dinner and drinks.

Unbelievably disappointed and deflated after that. Easily the worst I've ever seen them play and forces me to question why they can't get up for a derby elimination final.

We need some pretty drastic changes in the off season if we are to stay up, which I don't think we will. They need to spend an awful lot of time in Reid's body. Mills and melican back will definitely help. Play heeney as a forward, the kid out jumps anyone. Reid if he stays fit will help too.

Grundy, Jack and hanners all need to go. We should gun for Tom Jonas He can play and is the big bodied defender we need. The Grundy contract extension is so confusing to me.

We looked slow and old today. Much like Geelong last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back