Autopsy Swans vs Hawks (R19, 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

How, after three quarters of bombing it long to contests where we aren't winning the ball, can you just bomb it long again and again and expect a different result.

Three quarter time, we're being beaten in both contested and uncontested marks. Why not change the god damn plan? ONCE we nailed 3 short passes. Franklin hits Papley outside 50 and look, what shock, no hawk defenders because they didn't have time to get back underneath a ball that was kicked higher than the bleachers.

Then we just go back to banging it long.

So unbelievably dumb.

You can put up all heat maps , possies , everything. the fact remains is that we got sucked in again to a bettercoach. It's shithouse and anyone that defends Towers CGAGF. jONES is a scatter brain

Agree re Jones

He Took it on but he seems off

Why were people so confident against this mob?? Top 4 is gone now and I don't know if we will even make finals, got more hope of beating cats than crows IMO. Will 12 wins and a decent % be enough to get in (assuming we win the home games and lose to cats and crows). We've made it bloody hard on ourselves this year that's for sure.
We expected Lloyd and Rohan to play... would have been a different game if they had imo.

Still reckon we'll go 4/4

I thought McVeigh was very impressive tonight, was wondering how he would go under heavy forward pressure but he was very cool under the barrage of Hawthorn inside 50s, which is encouraging.

Papley and Hewett's intensity and workrate were brilliant again, they're two who I thought really stood up when some of their more senior peers let us down. Parker was probably our best mid tonight.

How, after three quarters of bombing it long to contests where we aren't winning the ball, can you just bomb it long again and again and expect a different result.

Three quarter time, we're being beaten in both contested and uncontested marks. Why not change the god damn plan? ONCE we nailed 3 short passes. Franklin hits Papley outside 50 and look, what shock, no hawk defenders because they didn't have time to get back underneath a ball that was kicked higher than the bleachers.

Then we just go back to banging it long.

So unbelievably dumb.

Mills was a poor offender tonight hope it is included in the review so he can learn about time and support in pressure games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought McVeigh was very impressive tonight, was wondering how he would go under heavy forward pressure but he was very cool under the barrage of Hawthorn inside 50s, which is encouraging.

Papley and Hewett's intensity and workrate were brilliant again, they're two who I thought really stood up when some of their more senior peers let us down. Parker was probably our best mid tonight.

Agree been solid since returning I thought he was done.

Anyone got an opinion on Langford kissing McVeigh?

Apparently Macca didn't take it too well.

Obviously not a huge drama but I'm torn on whether it crosses a line or not. Do that to a girl in a bar and you can be charged with assault.

Anyone got an opinion on Langford kissing McVeigh?

Apparently Macca didn't take it too well.

Obviously not a huge drama but I'm torn on whether it crosses a line or not. Do that to a girl in a bar and you can be charged with assault.

I just found it odd to do when McVeigh kicked the goal

Hodge on buddy 2014 is different they are mates

I just think it makes Langford look like a dick but who cares

Everyone could tell Naismith needs a break for last couple of weeks....would have been good to play AA and sinclair today.
This is also a professional sport and business. They need to prepare themselves and be prepared to play a whole 5 months of the year. There's no needing rest, there's needing conditioning and hardening the * up! If you're injured, rest, get over it and come back when ready. If you're tired, harden the * up. I work 5-6 days every week with 4 weeks off per year, I'm tired but I'm not gifted and part time!

He was one of our better ones tonight.

Played well but he can kick with such precision and sometimes leans back and just pokes

Just my view maybe no one will agree

Remove this Banner Ad

Back