Autopsy Swans vs. Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously? He’s such a sore loser. Every time he loses to us, which isn’t that bloody often, there’s always something to whine about.

Maybe not whinging but said hard to get a start at scg cos of the cricket square

Takes adjustment

Disgraceful crowd again ! Hayward has the yips .Great beating these scum .

Yeah but if they get dished up boring crap for 3 quarters every week when it’s a night game and cold

Plus afl were evicting fans again

I must have been watching a totally different game because I thought Heeney was brilliant tonight but seems to be no mention of him on here unless it’s bagging him. Felt like the first real game where he announced himself as a full-time midfielder. Only had 23 touches (I don’t doubt he would have had more if he spent more time on the ground instead of getting attention on the bench), but all of his work in congestion was pure class. Steady on his feet and strong through the hips which makes him equally difficult to drag down as he is to catch. A few dodgy kicks and missed marks he’d usually take, but for some reason we want to blame him for being crunched from pillar to post most weeks, yet simultaneously talk about him like he’s some showpony who needs to toughen up. This board can’t have it both ways.

Shiny new toy syndrome around here IMO. Maybe he never becomes the Brownlow freak of nature he was hyped up to be. I would still take him over any other youngster on our list quite comfortably, as much as I love Hewett, Aliir, Florent and as promising as Blakey is.

Heeney played well and did his job
Are you his agent?

I think it's the growth in experience and belief of our youth that has rung in the changes. Or more to the point, has 'allowed' the perceived changes in game style. And personally, I believe we can thank Longmire and Co for that.

I'm not a coach, and I no longer watch the Hawks regularly, so I don't know where they are in their re-build, but I'm pretty confident ours is close to done. And to be honest, I think they've done a magnificent job. I'm overjoyed to think that while we're a very rough outside chance to play finals this year, and a much better chance next year, I think we looking at being a Top four squad for the five years after that!

And personally, I think it is mostly down to our selection and coaching squads. They've bought this team together, given them the training and belief, and at EVERY opportunity, shouted from the rooftops how great they think they are going to be!

So, yes, Johnny Longmire out coached the greatest coach of all times!!!

He has the better team and yet 3/4 time they could of pinched it

But yeah interesting how he goes with north next year

Anyone think buddy being stuck on the bench shows how **** the runner rules are now

I have a feeling the coaches & Bud, weren't impressed with Menzel as he is experienced enough to know when to sneak off the ground & he should have done it 5 minutes earlier than he did. I think he is struggling & may be very lucky that Bud will miss a few weeks. McCartin in for Bud next week otherwise it would have been for Menzel. Hope he proves me very wrong.

I have a feeling the coaches & Bud, weren't impressed with Menzel as he is experienced enough to know when to sneak off the ground & he should have done it 5 minutes earlier than he did. I think he is struggling & may be very lucky that Bud will miss a few weeks. McCartin in for Bud next week otherwise it would have been for Menzel. Hope he proves me very wrong.

Menzel needs a 3-4 goal game to get going I think or full strength forward line he will be on the outer potentially

Still though be good if the runner could just go get the player

Menzel needs a 3-4 goal game to get going I think or full strength forward line he will be on the outer potentially

Still though be good if the runner could just go get the player

Yeh Menzel is a very interesting player atm. He does a handful of things each game that make me say I definitely want him in the side because he does things that our other players don't. His kick from the wing to Papley in the 2nd quarter (who then hit Franklin lace out) was remarkably skillful and directly helped a goal. Our side can be so crash and bash up forward when we kick it long but with the likes of Menzel, Blakey, Papley we've got some real class to deliver the ball forward now. And Menzel is good on the lead in finding separation from his man.

But it's certainly not all positive because he isn't winning much ball and you can actually see him limp a little when he has to break into a sprint - all those operations on his legs I'm sure are to do with that. And then there's the famed turning circle. It's very slow.

Maybe with Franklin out of the side, Menzel might get a few more opportunities to compete in the air one on one with his defender which might benefit him. I'd stick with him a few more weeks and hope he starts putting more moments together - you can see he still has the skill, might just need a bit more time to get his touch and fitness up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not our most impressive win. Patchy, and a few passengers on the night.
Two wins out of the top 8. Gold Coast at home next week.

Plusses:
Luke Parker turns up= we win, that's the equation.
Dawson, Blakey and Aliir continue their improvement

Concerns:
Hayward - two goals, but - any chance of him laying a tackle? Ever?
Clarke - a worry.
Jones - not sold on him. As someone else said, you peer through the fingers to watch.
Buddy, - good game - concern about the hamstring, but we have forward options if he's off the field.
Not sold on Jones? LOL

Presume swans don’t want to do it? Harley and co were extra frosty
Was at the game so didn't see the segment, but could it be that the Swans were pissed at channel 7 for interviewing Sinclair after his concussion?

Swans previously banned the BT idiocy. We clearly have caved to AFL and & 7 pressure. At least our folk are showing their contempt for the excrescence that is the taylor

The look on the players faces is telling... “oh here comes BT, I’ll humour him but I wish he’d * off”

Can’t blame them. After doing 13+km over a couple of hours I am not I’d be wanting to have a chat on National TV!

The look on the players faces is telling... “oh here comes BT, I’ll humour him but I wish he’d **** off”

Can’t blame them. After doing 13+km over a couple of hours I am not I’d be wanting to have a chat on National TV!

It’s possible that we’ve lightened our stance on BT now that there’s a family connection at the club. It would kinda be like John Kennedy Sr coming into the rooms to visit JPK and us telling him to eff outta there because he’s a Hawk :p

Blakey schooling Silk on centre wing late on, pretty representative of the game and where the two clubs sit. Could not stop chuckling to myself. Every game he gives a Blakeyism or two... so unique... love it and look forward to a career full of them

And not two minutes later, which one of our youngsters ran down Burgoyne (might’ve been Hayward?), and then Dawson runs down Breust. That last quarter was full of ticker and as you said, a good representation of where the two clubs are at. Our young players are standing up and playing with energy and passion; Hawthorn’s looked listless, being led by a bunch of has-beens and a coach who, by their own admission, is kinda sucking the confidence out of them in his attempts to make the first average team he’s ever coached work.

Hawks didn’t look too listless in Q2... looked a lot like the hawks of old all up and about. Used up all their legs in that one term tho.
Think it’s worth acknowledging the rivalry we have had with them over the great careers of Roughy, Silk, Poppy, Breust, Smith etc... but we have to move on... Bye... it’s been nice 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back