Game Day Swans vs North Sat 9th April @ SCG 2:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jpk what to say. He’s been a warrior and a club great, but he’s done
Kennedy has not adapted well to the harsher rule interpretation of holding the ball. It doesn't reward the slower, stronger mids who can fight off the would be tacklers as they get pinged for not using it quickly enough. Not Kennedy's fault but he can't continue if this is how the adjudication will be moving forward.

Would almost suggest midfield system looks geared for endurance. We're lighter, more versatile and rotate more than any other team.

Been s**t watching the last two games but there is a solid take home today.

Ronke on the up is good and JMc total breakout game put us on his shoulders and ran us home. Heeney could be having a special season

Let's not disrespect the opposition anymore hey

True but jmac has more runs
What has runs on the board got to do with Today's game and the performances of both player's in Today's game ? So because JMac is one of the very best young players in the game he gets a pass after a s**t first half but Ladham's in his first game for the club a very slow start but very serviceable effort in the end gets canned for it ? Lets be fair you didn't want him during the trade period but ffs mate give the guy a go. At the moment as a genuine ruck he is it.

Phil Hillyard @philthy295

FP4zfNlacAMznMs

Well, that was a s**t fight I really don't want to see again. The umpiring was a disgrace. They want us to respect these bastards? No way. I don't respect cheats. I reckon number 16 had a few hundred on Norf. It is becoming a total disgrace.

Ladhams is obviously not a first ruck. Ronke was good and should be retained. He had 10 disposal in the last alone. Kicked 1.1 but was damaging. As much as people put s**t on Bell he was very good. He not only kicked 2 goals but his pressure and attack on the ball were super. Hayward was poor yet again. What is it with Will and early seasons?

Longmire was poor too. Ehy are we just bombing thd balm forward? Everytime. Thry do not even look for a lead now. They just bomb. Longmirewas out coached. He should have relinquished the senior coaching role today. His good mate Blakey knows him too well. All the forward movement was old Longmire and this fell into North's hands. We nearly lost because we lost the stoppages easily. Very bad.

We have been flat ever since Buddy's 1,000. Our early form was good but we gave up too many points. Our problem is in the midfield. Florent is wonderful. Our best mid at the moment. Mills is good. Warner is good/bad. Parker has been poor in there this season. Maybe time to turn him into a forward. Gulden was poor today. Even in the mids. He made really bad decisions and fumbled a lot. Heens, Blakey were quiet. McInerney was a star. BOG. I think it was short sighted to drop Amartey and bring Reid back. When Ladhams got injured we had no real Ruckman. Reid went in but maybe he should have stayed forward and McLean gone in. At least MaLean can body them. Reid got pushed out of the way far too easily.

Ramps was really poor in the first half. He played some of the game on Zeibell but he also played on talls at times too. He was playing on the resting ruck at one stage, why? Harry was killed by two opponents today. He looked all at sea. Although the major problem was in the mids and forwards. We all know Bud is probably not going to chase at times when the opposition get a fast break. But if he has stopped, winded, then we need Will, McLean etc to run & chase. But too often they don't. Some of the mids, Mills, maybe Rowbottom, are on the slower side so they also can't always keep ul with opponents. That makes 4 players who are out of the contest. There are ways to chase a faster player. The best is not to follow him but to intercept him. By that I mean play the angles not the straight lines.

We need to get far better. If we are to make top 4 we must annihilate teams like this. We need to bring the pressure for a whole match. Not just when we are in trouble. We slack off when we get a few goals up. We seem to go to sleep. We didn't even bother turning up in the first half today. Maybe we made an appearance for 10 minutes in the second. This psychological shut down is frustrating.

We have to get far better than this effort. We do need to make changes. I am not sold on Ladhams as first ruck. He would want to improve vastly. He is another Sinclair. A serviceable player but not really quite to the level as a first ruck. He did not even bother the scorers today. He got 27 Ho but I will guarantee 21 of them went straight to North players. But who do we bring in? Do we go for the undersized Amartey? He was pretty good in the second half last week. He competes and gives you second, third efforts. But as I say undersized.

Who else do we need to change? Reid was his usual self. He actually kicked a goal then he does the unthinkable and misses the easy shot. As usual. Do we keep him? I am not convinced. I think Bell & Ronke were both good. They stay. Will, would have to be feeling nervous. He kicked a goal but sometimes his man took off and got plenty distributing out of defence. No Will to be seen.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back