bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Was recorded as fastest Swan last night equal with Rampe (and equal second on the ground).

Is slow of mind though, and a slow turning circle, but doesn’t seem to be a slouch in a straight line.
Interesting. He never struck me as particularly quick, though nor did I think him slow.

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
They are two separate incidents though this isn’t a swans/vic thing

If the studs do that to an opponent it should be looked at , that’s fair
I did write "Fair enough" at the beginning of my post. I would like to see the same zeal applied for investigating potential breaches committed by Vic teams, particularly the big clubs.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Seemed to me like you were but apologies if your comments were misconstrued. It's not like you don't have a track record of taking pot shots at players
Leave punts alone ! we are allowed to take pot shots , i thought ET and Bell were shithouse again.

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I’ve been a critic of Lloyd being a seagull but he really cracked in yesterday and so did Dawson.
Good to see Dawson marking and hitting targets again. LLoyd was in great form. A willingness to get physically stuck in often results in improved form. Aliir would also be a much better player if he got more physical.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Sinclair was very good last night against the comps 3rd best ruckman.

He was but in saying that if I didn’t know any better I would not have thought Grundy was one of the best ruckman in the AFL.

About the least effective I think I’ve seen him.

McRobie

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Sinclair criticism unwarranted, we know he’s not a star but was not flogged and held his own this time against a boss ruckman. I don’t recall to many clean takeaways from the pies mids.

Was recorded as fastest Swan last night equal with Rampe (and equal second on the ground).

Is slow of mind though, and a slow turning circle, but doesn’t seem to be a slouch in a straight line.
Well, lets make that straight line take him straight to the bench...at least he will get there quickly.

Sinclair criticism unwarranted, we know he’s not a star but was not flogged and held his own this time against a boss ruckman. I don’t recall to many clean takeaways from the pies mids.
He has a good game, would be surprised if anyone bagged him on last nights game both ruck work and below the knees work was really good imo, doesn't make the previous criticism unwarranted though..

Reckon maibum deserves ago
In all serious, the question would have be asked, "If not now....when?" I would have him in front of Gould for a call-up. There are not a lot of opportunities left to get him a game so I would be pretty edgy if I was Jack....Surely the next game sees him debut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McRobie

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
He has a good game, would be surprised if anyone bagged him on last nights game both ruck work and below the knees work was really good imo, doesn't make the previous criticism unwarranted though..
If you read through plenty have criticised his game last night. And I agree all players are open to weekly criticisms and praise.

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Could have been a good game. A young team giving it a real hot crack. Just skills that completely fell apart under pressure, but that will come. We drew two quarters, won one and lost one. We were shafted in free kicks. On the positive side we continue to mature. I liked Wicks and Stephens seems more comfy at the senior level. Ling, Bell-end, Rowbum, they're all gaining experience. Taylor needs to do the basics well before he tries the Magic stuff. Thurlow...who'd have thought. He's got a good head on him. Shame he fluffed it at the death. I like what the boys are trying to do but a few more experienced seniors to give them more support would be nice.

I'd like to see us run it out of defence more often. Break the lines as the Pies did. We have some quick players down back. Rampe's no slouch, Ling, Fox and Cunningham appear to be genuinely quick. Even Lloyd has a bit of toe. Melican's not quick but he's not there for pace. It seems Aliir would rather be elsewhere.

The one thing that really pissed me off was the one-sided commentary. Seriously Fox, most of the people watching that game didn't give a flying f&^k about Collingwood, Nathan fu**ley or some plonker young Pie's toothless hag of a mother mouthing off like a complete bogan on a video call. Why can't Fox commentators at least acknowledge the non-Victorian team ? I'm tired of this Victorian bullshit. It's supposed to be a national competition. At the very least pay some lip-service to the Swans and give Swans fans some respect. You testicle gargling Melburnian todger tossers.

The other thing that pretty much pissed me off was that umpire. Was she "serving hot Pies" at 30,000 feet on the flight to Brisbane ? 23 frees to 11 in Pies favour suggests she may have been.
Melican is not quick of mind or body.

Crust

All Australian
Jun 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SUANFC
Could have been a good game. A young team giving it a real hot crack. Just skills that completely fell apart under pressure, but that will come. We drew two quarters, won one and lost one. We were shafted in free kicks. On the positive side we continue to mature. I liked Wicks and Stephens seems more comfy at the senior level. Ling, Bell-end, Rowbum, they're all gaining experience. Taylor needs to do the basics well before he tries the Magic stuff. Thurlow...who'd have thought. He's got a good head on him. Shame he fluffed it at the death. I like what the boys are trying to do but a few more experienced seniors to give them more support would be nice.

I'd like to see us run it out of defence more often. Break the lines as the Pies did. We have some quick players down back. Rampe's no slouch, Ling, Fox and Cunningham appear to be genuinely quick. Even Lloyd has a bit of toe. Melican's not quick but he's not there for pace. It seems Aliir would rather be elsewhere.

The one thing that really pissed me off was the one-sided commentary. Seriously Fox, most of the people watching that game didn't give a flying f&^k about Collingwood, Nathan fu**ley or some plonker young Pie's toothless hag of a mother mouthing off like a complete bogan on a video call. Why can't Fox commentators at least acknowledge the non-Victorian team ? I'm tired of this Victorian bullshit. It's supposed to be a national competition. At the very least pay some lip-service to the Swans and give Swans fans some respect. You testicle gargling Melburnian todger tossers.

The other thing that pretty much pissed me off was that umpire. Was she "serving hot Pies" at 30,000 feet on the flight to Brisbane ? 23 frees to 11 in Pies favour suggests she may have been.

FN sensational rant there Bungee.
It's fluid, has rhythm and it made me lol.

Parky79

All Australian
Jul 9, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Sydney
Fair enough, but I think the AFL should ask why that stretcher took an eon to leave the ground. Collingwood were clearly milking it for time. We lost our momentum and their players got the long rest they so desperately needed. Sure, if a player has a spinal injury care should be first and foremost, but it was clearly not the case. As usual the AFL investigates with alacrity the slightest whiff of impropiety within the Sydney Swans but acts in a somewhat anodontic manner when it comes to a powerful Victorian club.
Maybe because they were holding his leg together?? You do realise the cart is not driven by Collingwood staff??

I must've been watching a different game last night where Melican was concerned. Was he good? Not really. But I didn't think he was as bad as people are making out. So he spilt some marks he should've taken. Big ******* deal. What have Sinclair, Dawson (before last night), Reid, Blakey etc been doing all year with their dukes? And his last kick-in was a shocker. Like established guys like Mills, Lloyd, Cunningham etc haven't had exactly the same, or even worse, moments when kicking in.

Think Melican's performance was symptomatic of where we are at as a team right now. The defence is under enormous pressure every week, but especially last night (50 inside 50s to 33 in Collingwood's favour!!) and Melican has not had anywhere near the consistent game-time to settle in to such an under-pressure back six (even Rampe looks nervy af down there lately). And then there's just the skills of the team as a whole. For some reason it seems like no one can take a clean mark without double-grabbing, pick a loose ball up without fumbling, find their composure enough to measure a kick to it's target.

A quick kick in was the right idea just the execution was lacking.

There is not one Swan that I would consistently trust to nail that kick 99 times out of 100. Not even Rampe who is our best kick by some margin.

That's just where our team, and the competition as a whole, is at atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back