Autopsy Swans Vs Pies Rnd 10 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Lloyd has hit Haywood 70m up the guts multiple times over the past 4 games. It’s working well

kidding yourself if you are happy with Lloyd kicking out. Walks up to the line walks sideways along the top of the line showing he is only going one way, runs out kicks to a contest just outside 50

That’s the norm

good that he has been instructed to kick up the guts after Hardwicks criticism

Last edited:

Melican looked like he has lost a step and he wasn’t fast to start with. I hope his body gets healthier to allow him to play with more confidence. At this point I would try one of the kids at full back and see if his body comes good for another crack later in the season

Papley's metamorphosis from the guy falsely accused of staging to a full on stager reminds me of Daenerys Targaryen becoming the Mad Queen after seven and a half seasons of being warned not to become the Mad Queen.

Except she didn't need two weeks to do it like Papley did.

kidding yourself if you are happy with Lloyd kicking out. Walks up to the line walks sideways along the top of the line showing he is only going one way, runs out kicks to a contest just outside 50

That’s the norm

good that he has been instructed to kick up the guys after Hardwicks criticism
Not allowed to touch guys

Papley's metamorphosis from the guy falsely accused of staging to a full on stager reminds me of Daenerys Targaryen becoming the Mad Queen after seven and a half seasons of being warned not to become the Mad Queen.

Who the F are you on about now ?

Papley's just trying to demonstrate for clarko what staging looks like and what isn't (that free vs hawks). :smile:

Incidentally, and without having seen any replays to confirm, didn't daicos take a dive over the boundary when sinclair spoiled from behind in that 4th? Dive itself wasn't the issue but the amount of time he stayed down for what seemed to be very innocuous contact. After a prolonged period on the ground with face in turf, he then quickly jumps to feet after realising a free wasn't going to be given or had heard the umps about to call a throw in. If true and nothing has been made of it, just confirms to me paps is another victim of the clarko-media effect. How many dives had Rance taken before he was pulled up and fined vs paps?

Last edited:

If Papley can do to the opposition what she did to King's Landing that's OK by me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS let it go. Maybe you and I have a different idea of what a scrapper is.

To me it's a good thing. I called Serong a scrapper because he always cracks in.

I said we don't need a scrapper because we need guys on the outside with a bit of class, which hopefully Stephens is.

Just ignore the Squaddie.

I made comments about the slowness of the vehicle before really having a look at his injury... so I withdraw my complaints about that.

Freak injury.

You were just saying what everything was thinking. When it didn’t seem like a broken leg then the question comes into your head. Making cheating remarks after you know what the injury ended up is where it shows poor form. You were fine.

Sat April 3, 2021

Will Phillips & Braeden Campbell (taken at Pick 3 & 11 respectively by Sydney in the AFL draft) debut against Carlton at the Gabba, with NSW still facing mandatory covid restrictions.

Tom Papley, playing for his new club, kicks 3 goals, including one from a highly controversial free late in the 2nd quarter.

Lance Franklin was a late withdrawal, his long awaited return set back again after experiencing hamstring tightness in the warmup.

Callum Mills is best on ground, relishing his new inside midfield role, racking up 36 touches as the Swans emerge victorious by 14 points.
Both of Sydney’s off-season recruits performed soundly without being spectacular - Ollie Wines contributing 24 possessions, whilst Bayley Fritsch was solid on Charlie Curnow.

In his post match press conference, Sydney coach John Longmire praised the efforts of Nick Blakey, whose off-season in the gym has paid dividends, with the gun forward effecting several bone-jarring tackles.

Sat April 3, 2021

Will Phillips & Braeden Campbell (taken at Pick 3 & 11 respectively by Sydney in the AFL draft) debut against Carlton at the Gabba, with NSW still facing mandatory covid restrictions.

Tom Papley, playing for his new club, kicks 3 goals, including one from a highly controversial free late in the 2nd quarter.

Lance Franklin was a late withdrawal, his long awaited return set back again after experiencing hamstring tightness in the warmup.

Callum Mills is best on ground, relishing his new inside midfield role, racking up 36 touches as the Swans emerge victorious by 14 points.
Both of Sydney’s off-season recruits performed soundly without being spectacular - Ollie Wines contributing 24 possessions, whilst Bayley Fritsch was solid on Charlie Curnow.

In his post match press conference, Sydney coach John Longmire praised the efforts of Nick Blakey, whose off-season in the gym has paid dividends, with the gun forward effecting several bone-jarring tackles.
How did Daniher play?

Did anyone notice how much publicity Paps' (staging) free got? On the Afl website big photo, an article and then another article about Clarksons response?
Did anyone notice how the umpire didn't tell E Taylor to get back 2m before the ump gave a 50m penalty.. result - goal to Collingwood
Did anyone notice that the biggest fine the tribunal handed out for Swans v Pies game was for the dangerous tackle that Brown laid on Dawson? result no free kick to Dawson and the following play - goal to Collingwood
There were other BS frees paid which resulted in goals to collingwood!!

A fair umpire means we win that game
A fair media criticises Brown and the umpires rather than the Swans.
Sick of it, and I hope the Swans haven't stopped writing official letters of complaint to the AFL.. reckon they have probably given up after the endless s**t dished up to us to protect melbourne for years

i didn't think Tom staged when I watched it live and looking at the video I still dont. Maynard put his hand right between the one and the zero. Hands in the back is still a rule isn't it? The ONLY reason it was talked about and he got fined was because of Clarko's completely unfair whinge after his own player lost the plot and flattened him off the ball. He wasn't staging then either.

I'd like to apologise for my comment re the umpire earlier. There was no sexist intent behind it, as she truly made terrible, one-sided calls all night. However it's important to recognise that half of those who commented about her personally would not have even been able to do so were it not for her gender. Male umpires are ******* useless all the time, but they generally aren't singled out by name as they are the majority. If we want to make the game truly inclusive then singling out one by gender is not the way to go about it. So I put my hand up for any part I played in that double standard.
RESPECT

If I'm the opposition I am tagging Rowbottom before I'm tagging Parker or Florent. His awareness in traffic is seriously good, and he has a knack for finding a Swan from in the contest more often than others.
You don't think there's any chance that Rowbottom is doing so well because they're putting work into Parker?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back