Autopsy Swans Vs Pies Rnd 10 2020

I think Rowbottom is doing so well because he's just good in traffic and under pressure.
I'm not doubting that... but if not for Parker, then perhaps he wouldn't have the opportunities he is currently getting...

Just my thoughts

If I'm the opposition I am tagging Rowbottom before I'm tagging Parker or Florent. His awareness in traffic is seriously good, and he has a knack for finding a Swan from in the contest more often than others.

Parker does butcher it but no way

If you want to tag a swans midfielder you tag Parker, it’s been shown to work as well at times and distract him and make him rush imo

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
I think Rowbottom is doing so well because he's just good in traffic and under pressure.
I'm not doubting that... but if not for Parker, then perhaps he wouldn't have the opportunities he is currently getting...

Just my thoughts
Just imagine how well Parker and Rowbum would be if there was a better mid taking a lot of the heat (bring on the trade period)
Not to mention a Ruck that wins more taps than loses

Theres a lot of criticism of Parker in this thread. Not fair imo. He probably takes their best mid and then some

Just my thoughts

Okay but I'm not sure what one has to do with the other. I wouldn't tag Parker because he's an absolute butcher under or without pressure, regardless of who he is in the midfield with.

Last edited:
Parker does butcher it but no way

If you want to tag a swans midfielder you tag Parker, it’s been shown to work as well at times and distract him and make him rush imo

I think he butchers it under pressure of a tag and if left free has more time to utilise it better

I also think he he is better at getting in and under and if left alone would do that unchecked all day

Each to their own

Rowbottom will be a better player over their careers is my neck out prediction

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Know or suspect? Havent seen anything at NEAFL level to suggest he will be good enough at senior level.
I reckon hes a chance.. He was gonna play a few weeks ago but got injured. Hes had a few weeks back to up his game time in the ressies. Im thinking the Swans will want to see him at senior level this year. I reckon only one of Amartey and McLean will be on the list next year (both 20yo, 197cm, fwd/rucks)

some new midfield strategy being worked on

7A61BB4A-3819-4D98-8F8E-3223F942FA81.jpeg

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I believe the reason why they could only take slow movements was because the doctor was holding two sides of his shin skin together. Any quick movements could have done more damage than there already was.
Had nothing about milking anything, just more about player care about his health and safety.
Intentional or not it did the trick

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I believe the reason why they could only take slow movements was because the doctor was holding two sides of his shin skin together. Any quick movements could have done more damage than there already was.
Had nothing about milking anything, just more about player care about his health and safety.
Along with a couple of turkeys on this board you've missed the main point of my post, which was a comment on the AFL and the Victorian clique.

Imagine if a Swans player had been taken slowly from the ground, robbing Collingwood of its momentum and affording the Swans a much needed rest before a hectic last few minutes. The fact that player safety required it wouldn't matter, the mere fact that the Swans gained an advantage would be enough. It wouldn't need any sniff of impropriety for the Swans to be leapt upon by the AFL and subjected to immediate and forensic investigation.

Fat Eddie would go spare at the mere thought of a Swans advantage, the AFL would leap to his summons, and the mere rumour of the smallest chance of the slightest unseemly or indecorous behaviour by those terrible Swans would be inflated by the Melbourne press, with commentators demanding the AFL take action. Clarko would book a breakfast date.

Of course, as you rightly pointed out, there was no case to answer. No matter. The Swans would have been penalised even if no actual offence or infringement had taken place. The AFL and the Victorian clique have never cared about whether there was any rule breaking. The issue is purely about advantage. If lightning stopped a game and gave the Swans a perceived advantage, they'd be penalised. The Victorian media would claim Swans members were praying too much.

You think I'm being fanciful ? The AFL has form. A trade ban on the Swans for following player payments rules ? Why not. Re-interpret playing rules as suggested by Clarko, with the sole intent of stymieing the Swans game plan ? Of course. Indeed, wholesale changes to the rules have been applied simply because the Swans' game style was winning too many games.

Do Sydney papers get in an uproar about Victorian team players wearing metal studs ? Do the Swans call for an investigation into other teams ? Would the AFL have given a damn if the injury had happened to a Sydney player ? Of course not. But they would have jumped to query a slow cart that was perceived to give us any advantage.

Let's not pretend that Collingwood or the AFL have any integrity.

Attachments

• 1596893877746.png
    1596893877746.png
    44 KB · Views: 25

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
Along with a couple of turkeys on this board you've missed the main point of my post, which was a comment on the AFL and the Victorian clique.

Imagine if a Swans player had been taken slowly from the ground, robbing Collingwood of its momentum and affording the Swans a much needed rest before a hectic last few minutes. The fact that player safety required it wouldn't matter, the mere fact that the Swans gained an advantage would be enough. It wouldn't need any sniff of impropriety for the Swans to be leapt upon by the AFL and subjected to immediate and forensic investigation.

Fat Eddie would go spare at the mere thought of a Swans advantage, the AFL would leap to his summons, and the mere rumour of the smallest chance of the slightest unseemly or indecorous behaviour by those terrible Swans would be inflated by the Melbourne press, with commentators demanding the AFL take action. Clarko would book a breakfast date.

Of course, as you rightly pointed out, there was no case to answer. No matter. The Swans would have been penalised even if no actual offence or infringement had taken place. The AFL and the Victorian clique have never cared about whether there was any rule breaking. The issue is purely about advantage. If lightning stopped a game and gave the Swans a perceived advantage, they'd be penalised. The Victorian media would claim Swans members were praying too much.

You think I'm being fanciful ? The AFL has form. A trade ban on the Swans for following player payments rules ? Why not. Re-interpret playing rules as suggested by Clarko, with the sole intent of stymieing the Swans game plan ? Of course. Indeed, wholesale changes to the rules have been applied simply because the Swans' game style was winning too many games.

Do Sydney papers get in an uproar about Victorian team players wearing metal studs ? Do the Swans call for an investigation into other teams ? Would the AFL have given a damn if the injury had happened to a Sydney player ? Of course not. But they would have jumped to query a slow cart that was perceived to give us any advantage.

Let's not pretend that Collingwood or the AFL have any integrity.
Paranoid nonsense.

I went from the general thread to alerts to this thread and thought there might have been something new on the game , but no.
You are the problem 2 many 1 liners mixed in with the occasional 2 or 3 liner.

There isn’t a problem I’ve checked with the chief and Bigfooty has plenty of internet left

Back