Autopsy Swans Vs Pies - Round 10, 2019

Wolftone

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Reid was simply incredible.

Rampe played a great game but made a costly blue.

Alike should be an all Australian defender..Does not lose a contest
Rampe made two costly errors. This is under 10's stuff, manning the mark I mean. Stupid, very stupid. Hid game was superb. Why does he have to find something every week to undermine all the hard work he does.

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

connolly

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2015
General Santos City, Mindanao
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Persis Solo, Davao Aguilas FC
Swans played their best game of the year I thought were up against it all night. What killed you guys was your disposal by foot. Too many bad errors
Yep we also had a rediculous propensity to bounce the ball when on the run every ten to fifteen metres. The twenty five metre run from the centre bounce into the forward fifty we haven't grasped yet. Same old Collingwood forever. Soft draw, huge favourable free kick differential over the last four weeks and the most obnoxious supporters in the AFL. Thanks for the input.

connolly

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
This is something Ao personally have been waiting to see since the last time he went ballistic. He has the talent. Just doesn't quite get there on most occasions. I think he drops confidence if he misses the first kick at goal. This bloke has been the best pack Mark we have since his arrival. But has never quite come on. I hope this is the start of something special.

We had three tall marking forwards with Buddy back in. Collingwood even with the greatest centre half back in AFL history out since Laurie Nash (not my opinion his) they can be stretched by a tall good marking forward line. Reid got their third defender in a mediocre defense. West Coast did iit to them in last years Grand Final and hopefully they will be exposed by tall forward lines in the future.

Will needs a spell in the reserves. He has been poor for most of the season. Rose or Ronke both deserve another go but so does Menzell. Kicked 5 and his pressure was good.

Hayward was second in our goalkickers behind Franklin when he broke his jaw, and was building into some good form too. Since he’s come back he’s played two solid games (his return in the wet at the Gabba and against the Bombers where he could’ve kicked 4), and two poor games. Dropping one of our best youngsters on the back of two games would be incredibly daft.

connolly

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Rampe made two costly errors. This is under 10's stuff, manning the mark I mean. Stupid, very stupid. Hid game was superb. Why does he have to find something every week to undermine all the hard work he does.

He is a flawed brilliant player. I have been very dismissive of the McVeigh generalship mantra on the back line and the alleged need we have for his leadership. Significantly the Rampe brain clangers have all occurred in the absence of the sargent major. I refuse to concede he is a general. Maybe there is more to this than just a coincidence my dear Watson?

Wolftone

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Hayward was second in our goalkickers behind Franklin when he broke his jaw, and was building into some good form too. Since he’s come back he’s played two solid games (his return in the wet at the Gabba and against the Bombers where he could’ve kicked 4), and two poor games. Dropping one of our best youngsters on the back of two games would be incredibly daft.
He is not getting involved in the play. I love Will. He gives us, something completely different. He is the Stevie J of the Swans. Yet he has periods where he just can't seem to get into the game. A couple of years, ago we sent him back to the Twos. He played two games. A beauty against GWS, which Dawson starred in, and came back. I think he kicked 3 or 4 on return. That is where my thinking is.

He is not getting involved in the play. I love Will. He gives us, something completely different. He is the Stevie J of the Swans. Yet he has periods where he just can't seem to get into the game. A couple of years, ago we sent him back to the Twos. He played two games. A beauty against GWS, which Dawson starred in, and came back. I think he kicked 3 or 4 on return. That is where my thinking is.

I’m not against the logic, but it’s just too soon. Against the Bombers he put in a really consistent effort across the four quarters and was able to get involved, just let himself down on the scoreboard. If he has another two or three games where he’s virtually a non-factor, then fair enough. Send him to the NEAFL for his own good. But we have to be prepared to let these youngsters work their way through whatever slumps they’re in.

Look at Dawson. For three weeks it was like he was made of steel, then the other night he looked quite lethargic and couldn’t take a mark to save his life. Florent in the first few weeks looked to be stuck in first gear, but as the season’s gone on he’s put together a handful of games where he’s been pretty important. It’s the nature of our team at the minute, we just have to be patient and ride the bumps without being too reactionary.

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I really agree with Horse's comments in the presser about the loss not meaning that we've gone backwards. There was a lot to like about the match despite the end result, but of course, there are still some glaring deficiencies that I just don't see us overcoming this season as at all.

Loved
- Reid silencing the doubters for at least a few days
- Aliir dominating in the defensive 50
- Clarke with another great display of shut-down tagging
- Seeing Parker having a beast of a game, seemingly everywhere amongst the stoppages

Liked
- Horse coaching from the bench - it seems to have changed his communication style from anger/frustration to encouragement, which seems to be working well
- Sinclair just battling away throughout the game against an opponent a class above, but really just had nothing left in the tank in the last quarter
- Further signs that Dawson, Blakey and McCartin will be important parts of our team moving forward
- Kick-ins be a lot more unpredictable than earlier in the season (we're starting to hit targets around the 50m arc rather than just pumping it long to contests on the wing or short to the pocket)

Hated
- The 50m penalty against Rampe - it was harsh, but fair and really shut the door on the game
- Seeing Kennedy and Hewett go down
- Not wanting to single him out, but some of Melican's 1-on-1 efforts were really poor
- The death of Holding The Ball (too much leniency given to players to get rid of the ball)

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
- Not wanting to single him out, but some of Melican's 1-on-1 efforts were really poor

Yep, good pick-up. Needs to be better than some of his efforts against Mihocek, who made Melican look lacking in competitiveness at times.

Not a disaster, and he's been much better the last month than he was the first few games of the year, but he'll have a lot to work on when he reviews his tape I'm sure. Particularly if he's got Tom Hawkins to deal with this week.

kelpie_X

Club Legend
Jul 26, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Lol fringe players??? We had 6 of our 10 players out!!!!

Adams
De Goey
Elliott
Moore
Langdon
Cox

These 6 are automatic selection when fit week in week out!

Below are fringe players who are players

Varcoe
Sharenberg
Face it. Your team is ******* s**t with no depth and was lucky to get away with those pathetic umpire calls

Back