Not open for further replies.

Troystenvic

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Interesting game this one.

We have had their measure for quite a while now....

A new look saints roll out with a new coach and style. Fresh faces like Jones, Ryder, Hill, Howard and Butler make them exciting and fresh.

Swans have more kids in the team than the local childcare centre and the young cygnets have another opportunity to show their wears yet again

Missing JPK, Heeney, Bud, Cray and others dont help.

We are trying to take the game on through the middle a little more. Need an uptick in skill efficiency and NO bombing inside 50.

6 year old not confident with an emphatic " we won't win" and "Im not wearing my Swans top". but her radar has been off since starting school.

I'm tipping the young swans of Rowbottom, AA, Blakey, Papley and Florent to give enough to drag us over the line. Rampe with a busted hand will be a question mark.

Swans by 14

Punts you may well be right, but I'm hoping last weeks win in the trenches spurs the babies on.... Swans by 7
Hopefully a good contest

Saints by 4+goals

Membrey will cause us problems if Rampe goes to king

Highest score wins today imo

It is a relief to hear that it is unlikely to be a draw.
But that would be one of those Swans 'moral victories' wouldn't it? Yuk

Ratten's whole message is like he played, relentless pressure kept up for 4 qtrs. I reckon "pound the rock" might even get a mention?

It will be interesting to see the coach attitude/direction .
Based on that the tactic might be to play lockdown tag and smother to wear them down (the stuff few appreciate - try to win ugly) but it also might be take it on and practice a future attacking style - ie nothing to lose in an expected loss.

Huge task for Fox and Allir.

Will Sir Dane be wearing a boxing glove?

Swans are on the wrong side of this new umpiring interpretation of holding the ball and haven't learnt to throw it well yet.

Tip: Umpires by 4 goals

Auditioning for fox
Probably a little too related to the game, should copy BT imo if you want a chance. Talk about where the players are living half way through an important play, or what numbers the teams lost last year. That's what a great commentator does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate these ~5pm start times.
Runs straight through dinner and with two kids (and wife at work) is ******* painful.
little kids looove the footy!! and hamburgers and pop corn for dinner
had to look after a 6yo girl - single mum needed to work.
Me.. "you can come and watch the footy"
girl screwed her face up at the idea
Me.. "do you like jumping?"
girl.. "yes"
me.. "running"
girl.. "yes"
"do you like kicking?"
girl.. "yes"
me.. "rumbling"
girl.. "yes"
me.. "well you're gonna love footy!" "how about hamburgers and popcorn for dinner?"
Kids.. "yeah!!"

get the hamburger buns, cheese and salad stuff ready. Cook meat patties at half time.. put all on a big plate and watch the kids assemble the biggest or weirdest burgers imaginable. Popcorn at 3/4 time..
When the kids are in the bath after the game, you've got plenty of time to clean their mess up.
and you don't miss a second of the game

girl.. "yes"
me.. "running"
girl.. "yes"
"do you like kicking?"
girl.. "yes"
me.. "rumbling"
girl.. "yes"
me.. "well you're gonna love footy!" "how about hamburgers and popcorn for dinner?"
Kids.. "yeah!!"

get the hamburger buns, cheese and salad stuff ready. Cook meat patties at half time.. put all on a big plate and watch the kids assemble the biggest or weirdest burgers imaginable. Popcorn at 3/4 time..
When the kids are in the bath after the game, you've got plenty of time to clean their mess up.

You have this parenting thing nailed.

girl.. "yes"
me.. "running"
girl.. "yes"
"do you like kicking?"
girl.. "yes"
me.. "rumbling"
girl.. "yes"
Kids.. "yeah!!"

Lol if it were only that easy for me. Kids would be throwing the hamburgers at each other it unattended.

iPad though (and pizza sounds good)

Hi guys and girls, sorry for the intrude. Just wondering about Dane Rampe. Why on earth is he playing with a broken hand? Sounds ludicrous to me personally. Have you guys go no one else in reserve with your injury list?​
Also noticed that your backline only has one player over 188cm while we have King 204 cm, battle 196cm, parker 190cm, membrey 190cm and the two ruckman ryder 200cm and marshall 202cm rotating through there as well. Might be a stretch. Have you got any young key defenders moving through the ranks?​
Hopefully today is a good tight match and hopefully we'll officiated both ways. Good luck :)

Hi guys and girls, sorry for the intrude. Just wondering about Dane Rampe. Why on earth is he playing with a broken hand? Sounds ludicrous to me personally. Have you guys go no one else in reserve with your injury list?​
Also noticed that your backline only has one player over 188cm while we have King 204 cm, battle 196cm, parker 190cm, membrey 190cm and the two ruckman ryder 200cm and marshall 202cm rotating through there as well. Might be a stretch. Have you got any young key defenders moving through the ranks?​
Hopefully today is a good tight match and hopefully we'll officiated both ways. Good luck :)
Psssssh, we all know that we want the umpiring to go our way.

Hopefully a good contest

Saints by 4+goals

Membrey will cause us problems if Rampe goes to king

Am expecting Allir to go to King with Rampe to stay with Membrey & play as third man up.

Mills might go into Centre to take on Zac Jones, Luke Parker to go with Steele & Florent to run with Grisham. We will be beaten in the Hit Outs (but when Crays not there, whats new) but will do alright around the ground.

Would like to see the Swans mix things up & try Dawson in Centre with the odd change onto Battle.

I also expect Clarke to play Wing on Ross & Cunningham to take on Butler to match his pace.

Rampe, Fox and Mills all play tall plus Aliir. Dawson is around 190 also.

How has your defensive pressure been with that many talls? On paper we should be able to compete very strongly at ground level if we can spoil the contest and bring the ball to ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back