Autopsy Swans vs. Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Rose was ok but I'd prefer Ronke. Rose is a selfish footballer for mine. Demands the ball in disadvantageous positions and often plays with blinkers on.

Couldn't believe the way he cut off Ronke when Ronke had a clear path to goal. Thankfully Ronke nailed the snap after having to sidestep his own player.

Still his decision to baulk then kick to the fat side for Reid was as good as it gets for footy nous.

Aliir just got better in the ruck as the game went on. Wouldn’t mind seeing him do it for a whole game.
Dawson bog for me. Kept us in it when we couldn’t hit the side of an aircraft carrier & turnovers were the order of the day (imma lookin’ at you Florent)

Second half much better effort. Could see them literally hesitate, change their mind on handball and then kick. Really good game from Mills.

Rose was ok but I'd prefer Ronke. Rose is a selfish footballer for mine. Demands the ball in disadvantageous positions and often plays with blinkers on.

Couldn't believe the way he cut off Ronke when Ronke had a clear path to goal. Thankfully Ronke nailed the snap after having to sidestep his own player.

To be fair he’s trying to nail his spot. I’d rather he erred competing for the ball than waited on the outskirts.

Aliir just got better in the ruck as the game went on. Wouldn’t mind seeing him do it for a whole game.
Dawson bog for me. Kept us in it when we couldn’t hit the side of an aircraft carrier & turnovers were the order of the day (imma lookin’ at you Florent)

Second half much better effort. Could see them literally hesitate, change their mind on handball and then kick. Really good game from Mills.
Yeah Mills has really started to become another solid cog in another great Swans defence.

this week sinclair COR

last week franklin , Sinclair (though played this week) then going back

eagles cor mcveigh thurlow
cats none
pies kennedy hewett
kangaroos jones heeney

lot of injuries in game
Something like the last 8 weeks in a row we’ve finished with 1 player or more out of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching some highlights, the forward line of Blakey, ronke, Hayward, papley, heeney etc, ridiculous how young they are. Add dawson, mills, allir, florent, hewett, jones, melican, etc and parker, lloyd, ramps, reid elsewhere the next couple of years look really promising. With buddy and a decent uninjured ruck anything is possible. Id go for ryder on a two year contract.

Fairly ordinary to send Sinclair back on i thought hope he hasn't done more damage.

As if he was going to accept not going back on. Personally I wouldn't be the one to tell him.
I hope it's not an ongoing issue for him - ligaments/tendons etc might need a week off to heal and I hope they take the cautious approach.

Pretty poor game, so judging the match is hard. Thought Hewett and Parker and Rowbottom in bursts were key in the clearances. Heeney and Paps came good in the second half.

Good effort from Allir and his goal was hilarious.

I was really impressed by Mills.

We have been lucky over the years to have some raking left foot kicks. Mal, Bayes and Browning spring to mind. Dawson is in that company. In a crappy game, his class stood out.

Yep. We need Port Adelaide, Fremantle, Richmond and Essendon to drop a few games.
Port helping the equation - surely their rookies hit a wall.
Freo - Running out of talls, more foot injuries to come? Could go either way
Dons - flogs who will fold like cotton sheets when JPK, Parker and Hewett smash them in the middle next week
Richmond - getting players back, but shallow list, could go either way.

We aren't out of it by any means, but still long shots I guess.

Average game, but still a pretty good win considering we lost Sinclair early. Having said that, the Suns fell away badly late in the game after being competitive early. If Buddy had played, the final margin might have been 60+.

Dawson's kicking was Malceski-like at times and is becoming a real weapon.

Average game, but still a pretty good win considering we lost Sinclair early. Having said that, the Suns fell away badly late in the game after being competitive early. If Buddy had played, the final margin might have been 60+.

Speaking of Malceski he was the Suns’s runner today. Looks like he’s suited for the job with his booming voice an asset since they can’t run onto the field anymore during play.

A wins a wins RW, better than the opposite

Remove this Banner Ad

Back