Autopsy Swans vs. Suns

i wonder if they played Rowbottom this week as it was the suns. They're a very young team too, so he was playing against less physically hardened players. Regardless, I thought he was excellent!

Parker was brilliant all game. Hewett gets better every week. JPK will take a few weeks to build into form, but he looked okay to me!

Ronke 2 goals, 3 tackles, should hold his spot.

Jordan was great, excellent game!

Poor sinkers :'(

Has anyone else noticed just how cute McCartin is? He played well too!

I wouldn't change much for next week

i wonder if they played Rowbottom this week as it was the suns. They're a very young team too, so he was playing against less physically hardened players. Regardless, I thought he was excellent!

Parker was brilliant all game. Hewett gets better every week. JPK will take a few weeks to build into form, but he looked okay to me!

Ronke 2 goals, 3 tackles, should hold his spot.

Jordan was great, excellent game!

Poor sinkers :'(

Has anyone else noticed just how cute McCartin is? He played well too!

I wouldn't change much for next week

Aye Kirky. Minimal changes. Some random light tower instead of Sinkers.

Aye Kirky. Minimal changes. Some random light tower instead of Sinkers.
Don't be so quick to rule him out... although being a ruckman does impede his chances of playing next week, I think. Depends on the damage really, and they won't know till scanning probably.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Strong win, but it's hard to gauge anything against the Suns though. I can't remember being at a game where the opposition were as lazy as they were tonight. Some of those efforts would get you dragged in suburban football, let alone the top level. Stewy Dew has a mountain of work to do.

Yeah start doing some exercise and get off the pies before he is a candidate for quadruple bypass. I don't care if he is Norm Smith reincarnate, he is a disgraceful advertisement for professional sport and no example for players. A coach leads by example with attitude to every aspect of the game.

BlueRoses

Debutant
May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney

So according to the AFL write up for the game, O'Riordan plays for the Suns...

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Don't be so quick to rule him out... although being a ruckman does impede his chances of playing next week, I think. Depends on the damage really, and they won't know till scanning probably.

I'm sorry to say I wouldn't be surprised if the injury is season ending. Multiple dislocations is usually a sign of bad muscle / ligament damage. The scans will shed light as you say. Alir did a pretty good job I thought....out muscled but when ball hit the ground he was a terrier with eyes only for goal lol

Callum Mills, take a bow. So far best on ground it was ridiculous. Yeah Dawson’s kicking was impressive and Parker got a lot of it, but Mills held steady in a back line that was under siege in that first half, taking marks and looking really composed, but most of all defending his man really well. Best game I’ve seen him play IMO.

How good seeing Rowbottom in the guts! Exactly where he belongs. His composure in tight was stellar. Ronke looked more lively than he has been all year, stoked for him, now hope he can build on it. Really feel for Hayward. He’s one of the hardest working Swans and just continues to get no reward for it by letting himself down on the scoreboard.

Florent’s kicking is no worse than any other Swan IMO. Aliir just looks so dangerous when he’s covering the ground, maybe playing as a second ruck helps him to do that to the fullest. Hoping it’s just a slump for Kennedy because I thought he was poor, as was Jones (again). Both are returning from injuries so I’m not panicking.

Guys like Papley and Heeney are frustrating because they do so many good things then do little stupid things that stop them from having outstanding games. But geez when those two, plus Blakey, are involved, something good happens more often than not. COR is also an unsung hero of our resurgence IMO.

Meh team performance, but some super individual performances to like.

Hayward is suffering the yips in front of goal at the moment. Used to be a far better set shot but just can’t kick them at the moment.

Has had an injury interrupted season, inc the busted jaw.. I thought he played well yesterday. His run up on set shots looks stilted and uncertain and not as I remember it.

He will get his confidence back.

Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
The Suns applied a lot of pressure and we stood up to it. Once their intensity eased up is when we got some breathing space. It's easy to forget how young our side is but you normally don't think of that resilience with a young side.

Rowbottom was amazing for a fourth gamer.

Mills & Dawson were fantastic in defence. A big part of the win.

McCartin looked lost in defence. Keen to get him playing forward again.

Aliir stood up as a makeshift ruck

Parker & Reid in career best form

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
We are still okay on the injury front just over half way of the season only used 32 players.
Yes but the fitness of the ruck division is a whole different equation.

I liked Horse’s suggestion that with Bellchambers out too, they just cancel the rucking next week and go Rock Paper Scissors instead.

I'm sorry to say I wouldn't be surprised if the injury is season ending. Multiple dislocations is usually a sign of bad muscle / ligament damage. The scans will shed light as you say. Alir did a pretty good job I thought....out muscled but when ball hit the ground he was a terrier with eyes only for goal lol
Yes, I would be thinking surgery is season ending. Say surgery is day 1, 7 days monitoring by surgeon/scans with light rehab, before commencing the full rehab program of 6-8 weeks (with no set-backs). Seasons over... Poor Sinkers :'( After he has worked so hard for so long for us...

That's why I am not willing to concede that surgery is required until I absolutely have too.

Back