Autopsy Swans vs. Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Hayward is suffering the yips in front of goal at the moment. Used to be a far better set shot but just can’t kick them at the moment.
He has had a very interrupted year this year and I don't think it's done him any good tbh. If he gets a run at, I think he'll settle down.

I have a lot of faith in his ability, so I reckon he'll turn it around.

Geez florents kicking needs work

It only stands out to me because its common for Florent to be called classy which I don't see (by foot) very often. His run and carry is very good though.

We know Parker in tight is a bombs away player, in general play he is decent. Kennedy is a pretty bad kick especially as he gets older. Hewett is a surprisingly good kick, and Jones is a week by week prospect.

Its just uncanny how often Oli will try to hit a half-forward lead and it consistently hits the same spot of grass 1 metre in front of the lead.

I like Florent its just become a pet peeve of mine now.

It only stands out to me because its common for Florent to be called classy which I don't see (by foot) very often. His run and carry is very good though.

We know Parker in tight is a bombs away player, in general play he is decent. Kennedy is a pretty bad kick especially as he gets older. Hewett is a surprisingly good kick, and Jones is a week by week prospect.

Its just uncanny how often Oli will try to hit a half-forward lead and it consistently hits the same spot of grass 1 metre in front of the lead.

I like Florent its just become a pet peeve of mine now.
I rate florent on the inside more

To me he has had some awesome games on the inside.

Has had an injury interrupted season, inc the busted jaw.. I thought he played well yesterday. His run up on set shots looks stilted and uncertain and not as I remember it.

He will get his confidence back.
100% agree with you! OMG!!! Lol!! :p

Callum Mills, take a bow. So far best on ground it was ridiculous. Yeah Dawson’s kicking was impressive and Parker got a lot of it, but Mills held steady in a back line that was under siege in that first half, taking marks and looking really composed, but most of all defending his man really well. Best game I’ve seen him play IMO.

How good seeing Rowbottom in the guts! Exactly where he belongs. His composure in tight was stellar. Ronke looked more lively than he has been all year, stoked for him, now hope he can build on it. Really feel for Hayward. He’s one of the hardest working Swans and just continues to get no reward for it by letting himself down on the scoreboard.

Florent’s kicking is no worse than any other Swan IMO. Aliir just looks so dangerous when he’s covering the ground, maybe playing as a second ruck helps him to do that to the fullest. Hoping it’s just a slump for Kennedy because I thought he was poor, as was Jones (again). Both are returning from injuries so I’m not panicking.

Guys like Papley and Heeney are frustrating because they do so many good things then do little stupid things that stop them from having outstanding games. But geez when those two, plus Blakey, are involved, something good happens more often than not. COR is also an unsung hero of our resurgence IMO.

Meh team performance, but some super individual performances to like.

Mills was great best on is a stretch but it was an even effort all around

Yes, I would be thinking surgery is season ending. Say surgery is day 1, 7 days monitoring by surgeon/scans with light rehab, before commencing the full rehab program of 6-8 weeks (with no set-backs). Seasons over... Poor Sinkers :'( After he has worked so hard for so long for us...

That's why I am not willing to concede that surgery is required until I absolutely have too.

I pictures Sinclair at the surgeons getting told he needed an operation and a motherly figure decked out in swans gear stepping in not ready to concede

I’ll show myself out

Witts is a first class ******* for the suns

I have to admit I honestly knew stuff all of their players

They have some nice kids but geez, few building a strong defence first trying to hang in games Longmire style but does anyone care?

Also if I hear about Sydney crowd numbers one more time

Hawks and dons crowds were crap this weekend

I think this performance is being a little under-sold, this was a really good win imo. No Franklin, lose Sinclair really in the first 2 minutes which requires a significant shift of players all over the ground, yet we withstood their challenge in the first half and did it by running around with a bunch of kids who are very new to the league. Gold Coast aren't the most talented but they try hard and aren't pushovers anymore. And big wins aren't something we pull off much, so to not take the foot off the pedal I thought was really good.

I think this performance is being a little under-sold, this was a really good win imo. No Franklin, lose Sinclair really in the first 2 minutes which requires a significant shift of players all over the ground, yet we withstood their challenge in the first half and did it by running around with a bunch of kids who are very new to the league. Gold Coast aren't the most talented but they try hard and aren't pushovers anymore. And big wins aren't something we pull off much, so to not take the foot off the pedal I thought was really good.

I liked that we absorbed the other team controlling momentum

I’d say it was a professional win and that can’t be underestimated

Confidence in the group at the moment

Compare to say lions game early in year they looked beaten at the start

I liked that we absorbed the other team controlling momentum

I’d say it was a professional win and that can’t be underestimated

Confidence in the group at the moment

Compare to say lions game early in year they looked beaten at the start

It's always a good sign to me when a team responds after a break. We played pretty poorly in the first half and Gold Coast were right in it but we returned to the field after halftime and took it away from them immediately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah start doing some exercise and get off the pies before he is a candidate for quadruple bypass. I don't care if he is Norm Smith reincarnate, he is a disgraceful advertisement for professional sport and no example for players. A coach leads by example with attitude to every aspect of the game.
I think winning a grand final off your own boot speaks for itself.

Rose was ok but I'd prefer Ronke. Rose is a selfish footballer for mine. Demands the ball in disadvantageous positions and often plays with blinkers on.

Couldn't believe the way he cut off Ronke when Ronke had a clear path to goal. Thankfully Ronke nailed the snap after having to sidestep his own player.

Actually Rose tapped the ball to Ronke and kept running confusing the defenders and creating space for Ronke to kick the goal. Rose has tendered to be selfish and some of the Reserves watchers might comment on how that went in the twos. I think they played him in the midfield a lot to get him into being more of a team player. From the past couple of games he's improved. I didn't think he'd get another game and would be de-listed at the end of this year so he's certainly exceeding expectations!

Actually Rose tapped the ball to Ronke and kept running confusing the defenders and creating space for Ronke to kick the goal. Rose has tendered to be selfish and some of the Reserves watchers might comment on how that went in the twos. I think they played him in the midfield a lot to get him into being more of a team player. From the past couple of games he's improved. I didn't think he'd get another game and would be de-listed at the end of this year so he's certainly exceeding expectations!

Rose definitely has become more team orientated. Several times of the past couple of weeks who could have blazed away but has chosen to hit up an option instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back