Game Day Swans vs Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahha holy sh*t they are now complaining about Brisbane advantage are they legit ******* stupid and forget about Richmond and Collingwood playing 54324938924 MCG games every season.

They are now saying its a Massive advantage you cant make this sh*t up.

Victorians don't like it when someone else gets the advantages.

The blokes going to end up on the same couch as marsh and Thurlow. How is he even relevant right now
What? He is a better size to play on Day than Fox was. We missed having him out there today

Mills reading of the play has got to be put to use in the midfield. Give him a challenge he can thrive on and use his football smarts around the stoppages and not just in defence, imo.

Honestly reckon we're bottoming out atm and considering that it could be so much worse. Could be like the Crows, or the Lions, Blues, Demons, Saints, Suns, or Port teams we've seen over the last decade. Best season to bottom out in too.

Just don't see anything special about him. Marsh clone. Fox atleast has some attacking ability in his game. Wasnt a field day from day
Fair enough. I like Fox but would have liked a bigger body there. Sadly no Reg

Mills reading of the play has got to be put to use in the midfield. Give him a challenge he can thrive on and use his football smarts around the stoppages and not just in defence, imo.

Yep, got at least 6 disposals and 2 clearances in that final quarter. If you times that by 4 then he had a 24 disposals and 8 clearance game (assuming Longmire ever gave him a full game in the midfield). Those would be very good numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this point I'd be happy to see Gould come in and Mills push into the middle. Each game is like a training camp for our young blokes. Pump games and experience into them.

Rowbottom is playing like a 100+ gamer though.

Stoddart was rubbish today and meh last week, but I wouldn't write him off. He has shown promise as a fast and hard running half back/wing. He hasn't been playing that role. We haven't had the luxury of him playing that role. I want him out for now but not writing him off yet.

Yep, got at least 6 disposals and 2 clearances in that final quarter. If you times that by 4 then he had a 24 disposals and 8 clearance game (assuming Longmire ever gave him a full game in the midfield). Those would be very good numbers.

And how did we look overall when he went in there? Went from a 10 point deficit to 32.

I have never questioned that Mills could be a capable midfielder, just whether he would be better than us putting another player in there with the same applied to his position in defence.

So far, for me, I haven’t seen any evidence to change my mind on that. He can play midfield, but from what I’ve seen there isn’t anything special about it and since he is a really good defender and has great reading of the high ball, I’d prefer he stayed in defence.

Last post on this thread as it's full of crap. I thought every time we had a crack the f ing cheats gave them a nothing free. Can't hate a team coached by the big man and i hope they smash the Bulldogs. Goodbye
Agree....the umpiring this season has been ordinary....its like they have a script to follow. It is awful. The holding the man frees today were never once umpired consistently...the throws (from both) that are allowed to go and some of the play on from front on contact...I mean...the issue largely with the game is these pelicans who decide each game what they think the rules are rather than umpiring to the rules as they are. I dont care how its perceived, umpiring is the biggest blight on the AFL right now...it is influencing how games are played and does impact results.

Yes, we would not have won anyhow...but that fact does not improve the umpiring that I saw in any way.....not just our games, in each game I watch.

Last edited:
We’re well passed the point where any remaining games are about this season now. Everything from here on is about setting the team up for next season and should be assessed on that basis.
Been there this whole season...as I have said before, this year is a massive preseason for 2021.....

Stoddart and Clarke could both get that. Trouble is they both would turn it over half the time. Mills looks like he needs to hit the perfect hand pass each time and gets done holding the ball because he won’t release

I like mills a lot but he’s not going to solve the midfield issues we have until we have a competitive ruck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back